Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6l80e shifts killing me

Tuner in Training

6l80e shifts killing me

2010 Camaro ss, heads, cam, boltons, I had the whole tune nailed down pretty well, then I slapped a 175 shot on the car and it wont shift at wot at all. I have been walking the shift points back ( finally ended up at 4800) and pulling 5% out of the mph in both part and wot tables in all tables and still wont shift. craziest thing is, its also blowing past the limiter. 6800 rpm limiter saw 7k a few times and 7300 rpm once.

next part that gets me is, I went back to the na tune, reset the trans adapt and learn in the logger before and after flashing the good na tune back in and now its doing the same thing on the tune that was good na. . . . driving me nuts please help me out.

zerod out the inertia tq adders, upped the line pressure, turned off TM, tried verter locked and unlocked. still wont happen

this is the trans tune that was on it that was good on motor before I started hacking it to hell and one log of a pull on motor where its doing crazy stuff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Try matching your part throttle shift at 100 %.... to your full throttle shift speed, and lower everything below the 100%.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    tried matching the 100% tps to WOT shift mph to no avail.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok. In the tune you posted they are not matched. That is why I suggested it.

Tuner in Training
    oh, ok thank you for the input, that is the NA tune that was good and shifting right till we hit it with the bottle, then I hacked at all kinds of stuff, walking shift mph and rpm back with no luck, bumped up inertia profile factor, and line pressure. nothing. here is the final one I ended with today
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    you need to increase your oncoming pressure presets, then do an adapts reset/preset then fast learn.

this will make a huge difference.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems to have a lot of oncoming pressure compared to what I use. On my vette things are a little different, but it seems to me you need to keep the shift time torque adder numbers in there. A 0 shift time will give problems for sure. I would also re enable the upshift adapts, and lower back those inertia numbers.

If anything maybe with the nitrous, it needs a longer shift time, or some TM in there. I run with some TM and find it shifts better, just as fast, and will help the trans last longer.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Tuner in Training
    so are the shift time tq adders the base shift time ? I thought it was time added on top of the base shift times. . . . .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NDSLPSS View Post
    so are the shift time tq adders the base shift time ? I thought it was time added on top of the base shift times. . . . .
    My vette has a main desired shift time that doesn't seem to be there on your tune, so I am really not sure. I 00 out my desired shift time and use the tq adders to provide the time I want.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

crazy question,, how is the nitrous activated?,, something in the install ,,, I compared the file with my g8 trans tune and didn't see anything jump out ,,

Tuner in Training
    gmonde the juice is on a push button. we had it on a window switch before and had it coming off about 500rpm before the shift point, still nothing. then the box started acting up so we ripped it off. but there should be no reason why it shouldn't take it.

Realcanuk, ive heard a lot of people mention using the same method as you, but I don't see them in there. and cant find any explanation on how to set them, im thinking it may be the ones in the pic I posted

also while looking at logs, it appears that when the desired shift mph is hit, the scanners shows it being in the next gear, but it does not actually try to start the shift until the desired rpm,,,,, normal ?

I have been reading for about a week and its driving me nuts, picked up tunning very well, but these damn 6l80e trans tunes kick my ass
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    tre-cool, how much do you recommend to increase the oncoming pressure presets ?

Here is a tune that I did for a 2010 Camaro 6L80 and I know that it works. Did not disable TM...used it to my advantage. Modified a few shift points, speeds and pressures through TM and (of course) limited the window of operation for DOD.Mike Camaro 2010 DOD dialed in MPH Shifts Torque Management Tune.hpt
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    awebb, what power are you making ? these things don't really start to show their ass till you get around 600hp.

im worried something is hurt, either trans or converter because when I went back to the good working NA tune its still doing the same shit, even after resetting trans adapts. . . thoughts ?

oh, and it has a 3000 stall converter

Tuner in Training
    looking at that log, does anyone think it may be blowing through the converter ?

Advanced Tuner
    gmonde the juice is on a push button. we had it on a window switch before and had it coming off about 500rpm before the shift point, still nothing. then the box started acting up so we ripped it off. but there should be no reason why it shouldn't take it.

Realcanuk, ive heard a lot of people mention using the same method as you, but I don't see them in there. and cant find any explanation on how to set them, im thinking it may be the ones in the pic I posted

also while looking at logs, it appears that when the desired shift mph is hit, the scanners shows it being in the next gear, but it does not actually try to start the shift until the desired rpm,,,,, normal ?

I have been reading for about a week and its driving me nuts, picked up tunning very well, but these damn 6l80e trans tunes kick my ass
    My car triggers the shift when MPH is hit..... which is what shows in the log.... but the shift doesn't actually occur right away. Depending on power level and I suppose shift times, it actually completes the shift somewhat after. That is why its so much trial and error on where to set the shift to start.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

looking at that log, does anyone think it may be blowing through the converter ?
    From the log file. I looked at 3rd gear, wot 84% then used an undefined parameter to calculate RPM / Speed. The number stayed steady around 62. Neglecting that you may have chirped third, I started calculating just past the actual shift. If you are slipping it isn't evident by my calculations.

And the 2010 was stock with the L99. I had to back down the 1st to 2nd WOT shift from 6000 rpm's to 5900 due to the time it takes to make the shift and dancing with the fuel cut off rpm. Hope we-all can help you.
    Current project:

I don't understand that one. I am more worried about what RPM that I don't want the engine to hit rather than what speed that I am going. Many of the posts on HP indicate using RPM as your final shift decision maker. Meaning set your shift MPH <10 below your desired shift RPM and then feather RPM's so you don't hit fuel cut off.

But neither of these ideals are helping our friend diagnose his transmission problem...but I think we will find out how many horses the 6L80 is capable of with out TM...shortly.
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AWEBB View Post
    I don't understand that one. I am more worried about what RPM that I don't want the engine to hit rather than what speed that I am going. Many of the posts on HP indicate using RPM as your final shift decision maker. Meaning set your shift MPH <10 below your desired shift RPM and then feather RPM's so you don't hit fuel cut off.

But neither of these ideals are helping our friend diagnose his transmission problem...but I think we will find out how many horses the 6L80 is capable of with out TM...shortly.
    For some reason, and I don't know why... the corvette seems to initiate the shift based on hitting MPH, and ignore the rpm marker. I am with you on the TM....
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Tuner in Training
    so awebb how much do you recommend I bump the oncoming pressure presets ? 50% is clearly too much. lol
    Last edited by 2NDSLPSS; 01-04-2016 at 12:20 PM.