Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.4 custom tune pull

Just trying to help man, I don't mean to be offensive. Have you data logged to see what kind of injector PW you are actually getting?? Or if you are hitting any limiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    Just trying to help man, I don't mean to be offensive. Have you data logged to see what kind of injector PW you are actually getting?? Or if you are hitting any limiters?
    No offense taking... I am one of the few that will share everything I know. I don't run more than 12* of timing at anytime in that tune. If you compare my tune with say H&S or SCT I am pulling 12 to 16 degrees on the big end. My rail pressure is in the mid to high 20's, EGT's never go over 1370*. Drive pressures are 1 to 1 at WOT. No piston rattle or detonation. I really like the throttle response of this tune. It is a responsive of idle as my coyote motor.

That tune isn't complete either. I want to add timing and remove pulse width slowly, but want to sneak up on what the 6.4's sweet spot is. I can tell you that this motor has more potential than all the competitors and I work for one of them...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Here is a SCT 150hp rated tune for the 6.4.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    No offense taking... I am one of the few that will share everything I know. I don't run more than 12* of timing at anytime in that tune. If you compare my tune with say H&S or SCT I am pulling 12 to 16 degrees on the big end. My rail pressure is in the mid to high 20's, EGT's never go over 1370*. Drive pressures are 1 to 1 at WOT. No piston rattle or detonation. I really like the throttle response of this tune. It is a responsive of idle as my coyote motor.

That tune isn't complete either. I want to add timing and remove pulse width slowly, but want to sneak up on what the 6.4's sweet spot is. I can tell you that this motor has more potential than all the competitors and I work for one of them...
    Ya they are way above. But even if you go look at the pw maps in the 150hp tune you just posted. They stopped at 1900 which is where h&s runs their Street tune on their 300hd tune. If you ask any tuner in this industry that tunes 6.4s they will tell you it has no gains on going past 2400us on these 6.4s.

Maybe I am on to something here...but here is a 250hp SCT tune and it is VERY weak compared to my performance tune. I ain't taking anybody's word on anything. Maybe I'll rent a dyno and see what is what...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2023 Ford Edge ST

See from the 150 tune to the 250 tune they only added 200us worth of fuel and some timing and it gave them an extra 100 hp. You really don't need 4500us worth of fuel. Do you really not understand that with that long of a pw that you are spraying the top of the piston on the way down the cylinder not at the beginning of the injection cycle? If your commanding 12* of timing then you even worse off. This exact same thing was just talked about from a guy on the cummins tuning running 3400us with 18* of timing going to cause damage.

The 250hp tune has 1500* egt's, 2.3 to 1 drive pressure's and a max of 35psi seen. Motor feels constipated. SCT doesn't have a clue what to do with a VGT setup. Their 6 liter tunes sucked too. This tune is good for melted pistons and blown head gaskets. I will stick to my DANGEROUS TUNES...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Have you ever logged your duration to see if your even getting close to whats in your duration map?

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    Have you ever logged your duration to see if your even getting close to whats in your duration map?
    I've asked him that same question 3 times with no response. Maybe he would listen to someone else.

What is your boost looking like?
    Smoke content?

Just for comparison, 2200us tune and 16*-17* of timing with a GTX4088R charger made 617rwhp on my truck and held 24.9k psi for rail pressure. 130k on the factory fuel system (k16 and injectors) And it burns pretty darn clean. Little puff of smoke off the bottom then the charger lights and cleans right up.

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    I will log it tomorrow.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Quote Originally Posted by Cody @ ATP View Post
    What is your boost looking like?
    Smoke content?

Just for comparison, 2200us tune and 16*-17* of timing with a GTX4088R charger made 617rwhp on my truck and held 24.9k psi for rail pressure. 130k on the factory fuel system (k16 and injectors) And it burns pretty darn clean. Little puff of smoke off the bottom then the charger lights and cleans right up.
    A little smoky off idle. Nothing like H&S. Consistent light smoke thru all gears. 1 to 1 ratio. I have seen 45psi with the stock chargers. Rail pressure goes to 25K and stays. Stock chargers light quick but hold this engine back. EGT's haven't been over 1350 on my tune, but peg 1500 pretty quick in the SCT files. This is my daily driver and tow rig. Don't ask why I drive Ford's and work at Cummins. Ram sucks...and I have always been impressed with this Hot Rod motor that International developed.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

So are you guys sure you can NOT tune the truck for emissions removal with HPT? That was one big thing I was excited for with this software...damn...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenk View Post
    So are you guys sure you can NOT tune the truck for emissions removal with HPT? That was one big thing I was excited for with this software...damn...
    legend has it that HP will stack with a gearbox Z. see previous posts. although i swear i heard HP will overwrite it in the background. unfortunately, VCM scanner does not have a supported channel to monitor regen status or miles since last regen or any other regen related PIDs so i dont know how else to confirm its truly "off"
    2008 Ford F250 Lariat

2008 Corvette Z51 M6, Kooks LT, Corsa Performance, Vararam

I know they're just covering their asses, but in my mind it makes HPT totally irrelevant if I cant do "offroad" things with it...

Ok guys, got some clarification.

If you pull a read of an "offroad" tuned truck. Those parameters will be in the binary, and therefore be loaded back to the truck. So I can pull my "offroad" tuned truck, play with the fuel, timing, etc...and put it back with no issues.

I havent tried it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by rubenk View Post
    Ok guys, got some clarification.

If you pull a read of an "offroad" tuned truck. Those parameters will be in the binary, and therefore be loaded back to the truck. So I can pull my "offroad" tuned truck, play with the fuel, timing, etc...and put it back with no issues.

I havent tried it yet though.
    I did with the SCT custom tunes and it would lock the ECM. If I changed even the smallest thing... Truck would act like it had the LOPE tune from hell if it did run.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

I did with the SCT custom tunes and it would lock the ECM. If I changed even the smallest thing... Truck would act like it had the LOPE tune from hell if it did run.
    Interesting, i'll have to try it out and report back.

Tuner in Training
    to clarify, it rejected changes to the SCT "offroad" tune but accepted changes to the gearbox "offroad" tune? very interesting indeed.
    2008 Ford F250 Lariat

2008 Corvette Z51 M6, Kooks LT, Corsa Performance, Vararam

Tuner in Training
    subscribed