Thread: Barometric Update?

Tuning Addict

Barometric Update?

I've been talking with a couple others over this. Basically I'm just not sure how to change the baro update parameters? 2.24 as I understand it would "cap" or "limit" the update parameters to where it wouldn't update while in boost with the 2bar or bigger OS upgrade. Haven't found where 2.25 gives any options for changing the baro parameters? I've got a problem right now with a Z28 updating the baro parameter while in boost and changing the baro to 105kpa. I think 105 is the "hard limit"? This wouldn't be too bad if the altitude I was tuning at was sea level, but at a normal 90 baro this changes the "background" fueling to where my fuel trims are going to -20 at idle only after getting into the boosted areas. Idle seems to be the most effected rpm area... Made VE tuning a pain until I finally figured out what was going on

I'm told efi will allow changing of this parameter, but from what I've read it looks like it doesn't always take? Does anyone know of a way to do this in HP?

Posting a stock tune file. The current tune does have the updated map parameters in it for the ls9 or zl1 map sensor...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Glad you mentioned this. I've asked a few times in the past for HPT to add the ability to disable updating on non enhanced operating systems.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Interesting. Is this "fixed" on enhanced OS's?

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Interesting. Is this "fixed" on enhanced OS's?
    Yes. After key on sampling, it won't update until the next ignition cycle.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuning Addict
    Do you know if the 14 Z28 even has an enhanced OS option. I haven't had the chance to check yet... If it's as simple as using EFI Live, I guess I could do that. Just waste a license with it just to go back to tuning via HP? Would be real nice if HP would add the tables....... Funny though. Not meaning to seem like an ass here, but how can you change the editor to where you have no OS upgrades, offer tuning different boost levels via VE - which I really really like - don't get me wrong, but leave out something that's going to completely throw a wrench into the fueling of the motor like this? All ready emailed Bill. Maybe it'll get changed? Hopefully??? Almost makes power-adder tuning impossible with HP without more investment and or "creative" thinking... I literally spent all morning chasing my tail this morning doing the VE tuning because of this

Was second guessing everything from injection timing to coolant and intake temps screwing with me until I noticed the baro going through the roof
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Looks like no. It does have the usual patches for manifold pressure, etc. but not a full blown 2 bar OS. Might as well try the patches and see if they do anything to help with this?

Weird thing is I checked a '15 Z28 file and the 2 bar OS was available on it. Maybe it's just a matter of what OS you're using? Hell if I know. Maybe Dave knows more

Tuning Addict
    Well none of the patches seem to have done anything? BUT it doesn't seem to be as noticeable with the MAF back in the equation... EFI Live didn't seem to offer anything for this either? They do have a max map setting and I was surprised to see they had an intake manifold volume (unrelated to this) that HP doesn't have in all their OS's yet? Not sure if the max map would do anything for me because I was reading into other people having this problem on their site and unable to fix it either? Maybe I didn't read enough or maybe I'm just stuck with screwed up fueling?

~Greg Huggins~

Is the '15 Z28 OS compatible with the '14 ECM or other OS for that matter? Might be a temporary way out of it until this requirement works it way through the priority queue.

Tuning Addict
    Well the 15 Z28 uses a different ECM and engine setup, so not sure on that one? I've been talking about this with Dave and apparently the only fix is a patch that kills the baro update during engine operation that HP has to apply. Emailed Bill. He's looking into it. Hopefully something can be done and I can finish this thing. Got my fuel trims dialed in by keeping it out of boost to -2 short terms for the most part then dialed in wot fueling separately... Been pretty happy with the LS7. Wish I could have fully tuned it and didn't have to leave it detuned, but 760's to the rear wheels is about all a stock bottom end will take and that's really pushing it's limits... Cam, longtubes, blower on 9 psi of boost. I'm impressed... Was just thinking back to what had to be done to the ZL1 to get that Only running 11 degrees of timing with those numbers Funny though, I guess I've never paid that much attention until now, but just dialing in injection timing netted 35 of those ponies... Well hopefully I will hear something from Bill tomorrow. He's swamped, so not sure? I bet you could take an older vette with a 7l OS now that I think of it since you mentioned it? I'll wait and see what I hear from Bill. That might be a "last resort" type of thing...

~Greg Huggins~

That's pretty sweet that that much of it came from injector timing. Speaking of which.. I need to get mine on a dyno still

Senior Tuner
    wow that pretty good for injector timing, was it a gain in the lower rpm or did it still make a change up top also..?

Tuning Addict
    Better gains were down low. Injector duty cycle also dropped to 60 percent from 77 percent by the end of the pull.
    Doesn't look like HP is going to make any new patches. Not sure how to address that?

~Greg Huggins~

That sucks!

Tuning Addict
    Yep, they said there wasn't enough interest to justify it... I'm sure with the new editor they'll soon enough be getting "enough interest"? With the MAF in the equation it's not "as bad", but SD only and everything goes out the window...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    wow that pretty good for injector timing, was it a gain in the lower rpm or did it still make a change up top also..?
    Exact gains were 50tq and 19hp @ 2000rpms and 37tq and 35hp @ 6400rpms. There was a place or two where it actually gained 46hp up top, but I didn't count that....

~Greg Huggins~

Care to share the tune with the injector timing changes?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuning Addict
    Photo's and how I do it are explained in Knock Retard Hell.... It'sDaveOnline's post Won't post the tune. Sorry... Even if it is "VERY" detuned right now...

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Yes. After key on sampling, it won't update until the next ignition cycle.
    Is this feature also there on the E40 2bar OS?

Yes