Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 FICM Tuning

6.0 FICM Tuning

Will you guys be pursuing being able to do FICM Tuning on 6.0 Powerstrokes? I'm not 100% sure but doesn't FICM Control Injector PW?

Yes it does. And it's on the docket. You can trick the ficm to add more PW in the files, just takes a little longer and it's kind of a shot in the dark. But last i heard, FICM tuning is being worked on.

Tuner in Training
    Anything new on FICM tuning for the 6.0 PSD? It's been a year since this thread has been touched.

Tuner in Training
    Yes eric brooks is working on that as we speak.

Tuner in Training
    That is awesome news! Gonna be able to really dial in that throttle with ficm support.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome I'm looking forward to getting that in the future. I just purchased my VCI Suite today hopefully it arrives in a few days then I can start messing with the old 6.0. I don't guess it would be okay to ask for an ETA on 7.3L PSD support to be added? I have a couple of these trucks that could use some serious love in the transmission tuning. I know other companies have had 7.3 stuff for a long time but I am loving the abilities of this software.
    "Negative GhostRider the pattern is full"

2006 Amarillo 6.0 PSD ccsb SuperDuty
    1987 IROC-Z Camaro--currently undergoing massive but slow build

If you have access to a 6.0L truck and are interested in beta testing. Contact support.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    What is the best way to contact support? I have a completely stock 6.0 truck, only changed are an aftermarket air intake and straight pipe exhaust. Its daily driven and I could provide just about anything from it you need. Also have access to a 2001 7.3 if you need reads off anything.
    "Negative GhostRider the pattern is full"

2006 Amarillo 6.0 PSD ccsb SuperDuty
    1987 IROC-Z Camaro--currently undergoing massive but slow build

Tuner in Training
    Support contacted correctly, I hope.

Support Contacted!

Potential Tuner
    I realize this is probably a silly question, but will ficm tuning require additional credits?

Quote Originally Posted by farmall99 View Post
    I realize this is probably a silly question, but will ficm tuning require additional credits?
    Yes.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    I thought it would be roped in with the modules already licensed since it's a key part of the fueling strategy that most other trucks support within the pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    I thought it would be roped in with the modules already licensed since it's a key part of the fueling strategy that most other trucks support within the pcm.
    Someone has to cover the development cost of supporting this new module. :-) Besides, to my knowledge no one but use offers custom tuning of this module.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    I suppose that is a very reasonable point. Will there be options to disable inductive heating and other controls the Ficm also provides, with due time of course.
    My FICM file is still showing unknown parameters and mystery buttons. I'll finally have time to update and try to pull a new read again tomorrow.
    It's all looking great!

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Any one have FICM pulls they would be willing to share? I'm interested in what can be done with this. I looked into a couple other methods of ficm program modifications but ohh boy it was expensive.

Tuner in Training
    Here's a stock 03
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    Any one have FICM pulls they would be willing to share? I'm interested in what can be done with this. I looked into a couple other methods of ficm program modifications but ohh boy it was expensive.
    Right now you have to be actively beta testing it in order to see the FICM parameters.

At this point, I have two Injector Pulsewidth tables defined. I have no idea why there are two of these at this point. It is based on ICP and Volume Fuel Desired (mm^3/stroke).

There is one pulsewidth multiplier table, based on ICP and EOT.

There are two hydraulic delay tables, based on ICP and EOT as well. Again, not sure why there are two of them in this controller.

Currently we have 4 definitions done. We need more people testing.

Email [email protected] if you would like to test.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

You just need reads Eric? I could come up with reads from a few other trucks then the one I've already sent you if you would like?

Will this module be programable via the Insight Pro? Also do we need to be pulling the FICM relay for the programing stage just like Ford software or PHP FICM tuning??