Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 FICM Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    You just need reads Eric? I could come up with reads from a few other trucks then the one I've already sent you if you would like?

Will this module be programable via the Insight Pro? Also do we need to be pulling the FICM relay for the programing stage just like Ford software or PHP FICM tuning??
    I don't need any reads, just feedback from people tuning them.

Insight Pro support will be up to Edge to decide. The latest beta will prompt you to pull the FICM relay before flashing.

Regards,

Eric
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Yes pull ficm relay

What am I doing wrong?? It shows 2 Ford Credits but won't let me license the FICMScreenshot (13).png

Tuner in Training
    Will it be possible to support enabling / disabling Inductive Heating, or is that a matter of the specific FICM strategies?

What am I doing wrong?? It shows 2 Ford Credits but won't let me license the FICMScreenshot (13).png
    Email support.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Will it be possible to support enabling / disabling Inductive Heating, or is that a matter of the specific FICM strategies?
    I am looking for it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Enter your vin and see if that helps. Ran into that when I licensed my PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall99 View Post
    Enter your vin and see if that helps. Ran into that when I licensed my PCM.
    Where/how do i enter the VIN?

There is an updated beta that fixes this issue. You have to re-read the FICM, but it will let you license it after that.

Hold off an any FICM flashing right now, found a bug. I will update once we resolve it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Bug found and fixed. Testing continues.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Those tables are interesting. This could lead to interesting results. I'm just gonna wait for support on standard instead of beta. I am just interested what modifications can be done and can we set injector size to offset all that smoking off idle. I've had limited success with 175/90% by doing a bunch of math and offsetting hpop pressures but it still smoked a tad when taking off and when wot until it spooled.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    Those tables are interesting. This could lead to interesting results. I'm just gonna wait for support on standard instead of beta. I am just interested what modifications can be done and can we set injector size to offset all that smoking off idle. I've had limited success with 175/90% by doing a bunch of math and offsetting hpop pressures but it still smoked a tad when taking off and when wot until it spooled.
    Yes, you should not have any problems dialing that out.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Two tables could be due to having two groups of injectors, strategy might match individual injector group volume desired using two separate tables.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Green Tree View Post
    Two tables could be due to having two groups of injectors, strategy might match individual injector group volume desired using two separate tables.
    The tables are identical though.

Initially i thought one would have been when EGR is on vs not like duramaxes but i don't understand why they would have 2 tables that are identical.

When we get my license problems solved I'll figure out what tables do what.

Tuner in Training
    I just bought an 05 6.0. It's currently in the shop getting bulletproofed, but when I get it back I'll contact support for ficm tuning.

EDIT: Annnd I'm an idiot.....
    Last edited by RandomEnthusiast; 02-21-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Potential Tuner
    We are going to be getting with HP tuners, you guys have been really breaking ground. One question I have on FICM tuning can HP pull the FICM file off our FICM or is this FICM tune based off a OEM stock file.

RPM limit in the FICM is what we really need. Right now I only know of one FICM tuner that can tune the FICM to go over 4500RPM. We can run 5500RPM with his tuning.

We've been graced with jesse warren himself? As far as I know yes it pulls the ficm program and you can modify the one that's on it. I've been fighting issues with my cable so I can't confirm about running out to 5500rpm. Due to the truck I'm tuning being stock I only ran the pcm tables to 3900 shifting at 3800. I don't know if you'd run into issues like the duramax guys though with the stock injector driver running out of juice. But with say a swamps or other high voltage high load I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run it out that high.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    We've been graced with jesse warren himself? As far as I know yes it pulls the ficm program and you can modify the one that's on it. I've been fighting issues with my cable so I can't confirm about running out to 5500rpm. Due to the truck I'm tuning being stock I only ran the pcm tables to 3900 shifting at 3800. I don't know if you'd run into issues like the duramax guys though with the stock injector driver running out of juice. But with say a swamps or other high voltage high load I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run it out that high.

Thanks i'll give it a try. I hope it does pull the file off the FICM, I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jesshwarren View Post
    Thanks i'll give it a try. I hope it does pull the file off the FICM, I will keep you posted.
    I does NOT pull the file from in the FICM to be modified. HPTuners supplies you with a stock version of what your FICM came with. It is limited right now and does NOT have rpm limiters in the FICM side of the programing ONLY the PCM side. I can test mine to see if i can spin 5500 rpm if you would like. With stock bottom end I'm uncomfortable spinning it that fast under load so if you need to know full fuel available at the speed i will not be able to tell you that but i can tell you if it will spin the fast with this software PCM/FICM combo tuning if you would like me to??