Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Ecotech tuning.....

chris i can go scan my 05 redline right now and get al the cal id and software stuff off of it well ill jut go gab it for u anyway...give me like 5 minutes

Dan

VIN: 1G8AY12P35Z118229

CALIBRATION INDENTIFICATION NUMBERS:

CALIBRATION VERIFICATION NUMBER:
    0000DD96
    00009BC2
    0000E0EB
    00001FD6
    0000A82C
    0000E1AF
    0000FCAA

That is all I got from my scann tool. Let me know if I can help anymore. Car is a 2005 ion redline

Dan

Potential Tuner
    what about tuning the 2.2L ecotec's for the 2005 and 2006 cobalts and ions?
    is it the same as the software that was just released for the cavaliers and sunfires?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    its completed, we are finishing up some other necessary work before we can release it.

Can someone please email me a Redline VIN#.

Chris...

Need a LSJ Supercharged Cobalt VIN?

any updates?

Tuner in Training
    Since the Cobalt LSJ stuff is done, can you go ahead and start shipping some beta stuff to the Supercharged Cobalt guys?

Tuner
    I got the USB cable already, hook me up.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    I got the USB cable already, hook me up.

Lol, so does Rob. We were hoping to have this before IDD, but it looks like it just won't happen. Our luck, HP Tuners will release it the day I get back from IDDVII .

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad06SS
    Since the Cobalt LSJ stuff is done, can you go ahead and start shipping some beta stuff to the Supercharged Cobalt guys?
    Whys it all about the S/C Cobalts...how about just the s/c LSJ guys?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vandy0419
    Whys it all about the S/C Cobalts...how about just the s/c LSJ guys?

The S/C Cobalt SS has the LSJ engine.. Not sure what you mean?

If you are refering to the redline, I suspect more people own the LSJ cobalt than the ion redline. So we create more noise.

Potential Tuner
    unless you take into account that we were around first and you should respect your elders It's ok, we are all family...but no one likes to be left out of the will!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by adamechanic
    unless you take into account that we were around first and you should respect your elders It's ok, we are all family...but no one likes to be left out of the will!
    Well, lets take into account, which one got to the 12's faster?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad06SS
    Well, lets take into account, which one got to the 12's faster?
    Which one came to Intense first and got cut a ton of deals? We can't help no one felt like getting too much made when it was the RL, but once the cobalt came out everything changed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    If you are refering to the redline, I suspect more people own the LSJ cobalt than the ion redline. So we create more noise.
    And yea, I'm referring to the redline...you have any proof that there were more Cobalts produced? Just makes the Redlines a little more rare anyways. Right now there are only three colors you can get the RL in...how many can you get now on the Cobalt? Blue redlines are the rarest I think.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vandy0419
    And yea, I'm referring to the redline...you have any proof that there were more Cobalts produced? Just makes the Redlines a little more rare anyways. Right now there are only three colors you can get the RL in...how many can you get now on the Cobalt? Blue redlines are the rarest I think.

I have looked but I couldn't find any production numbers for either car. Some sale numbers but thats just cobalts in general.

Potential Tuner
    The fact is that chevy advertises the cobalt SS, and saturn doesn't advertise the redline. I like the answer that a salesman at Saturn gave me when I asked why. He said only people who truly knew about performance capability would seek out the redline. Since chevy advertises their SS so much, their sales numbers will include a lot of cars mommy and daddy bought the new 16 year old or graduate that knows nothing about the car except how to total it. The fact of the matter is...it doesn't matter. Same powerplant. If you want to argue about Cobalts Vs. Redlines...do it about body styling since that is pretty much what's different.

Quote Originally Posted by adamechanic
    The fact is that chevy advertises the cobalt SS, and saturn doesn't advertise the redline. I like the answer that a salesman at Saturn gave me when I asked why. He said only people who truly knew about performance capability would seek out the redline. Since chevy advertises their SS so much, their sales numbers will include a lot of cars mommy and daddy bought the new 16 year old or graduate that knows nothing about the car except how to total it. The fact of the matter is...it doesn't matter. Same powerplant. If you want to argue about Cobalts Vs. Redlines...do it about body styling since that is pretty much what's different.
    Saturn advertised the ion when it first came out...esp in magazines. It was the guy in the "tuner shop" saying the rather work on his car than take his g/f out kinda guy. They were dumb...but they did advertise it.

Dan

Chris any updates?

Potential Tuner
    not any more though. The point was...we're all in the same boat. But I did not know that.

I'm not sure why people are making it into a contest of sorts... it's for the same car... same motor, same company... who cares who was first... If there's more Cobalts by some huge margin, that just shows people's misconceptions about cars. I'd rather pay far less money for my identical car. Or that they think the Saturn was a different car. You can't imagine how many times I've been told that I should have bought one of those new SS Cobalts because they're blown.. That's so insignifigant anyway. All that matters is tuning...

Hell, I've only seen two on the street here in Chicago, Cobalts that is, and never seen one racing before.

Dont' matter either way. If it's ready for beta testing, then there should be no difference what LSJ car you're driving. If there's some sort of preference for one over the other, well, that's just silly...
    Last edited by Sp00ner; 04-28-2006 at 10:29 AM.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Potential Tuner
    I was looking at getting the intense maf-t or greddy maf but i was told to take a look into this. I hear the gains are supposed to be fantastic at a reasonable price.

Will it be tunable with the GM software that was realeased with Stage I and Stage II?

Will it be cheaper to buy the software ourselves or to to find a shop with the software and have them do it?
    Last edited by JMac88; 04-29-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Injen CAI
    Ingalls Engine Dampner
    Stage II w/ 2.8" pully
    GMPP Cat back