Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Countdown to Ecotech tuning.....

Tuner
    This was covered in another post by one of the HPtuners guys, but basically if your buying a canned tune your probably going to save a bit of cash, but if your expecting a custom tune then it's probably going to be more than just the cost of the software because you have to pay for someones time and expertise.

Tuner in Training
    Keith / Chris how many days V2.1.10 will be available for the 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged ? THANKKS !!!!!

Potential Tuner
    RE: the cobalt vs red line thing... Not hard to realize that Chevy will flood the market with cobalts like they do with everything else, if ya want to be a lemming, get a cobalt. If ya want to be different and not drive what the masses (every 16 -17 year old that has momma buy him a car for graduation) get the more rare Saturn Ion Red Line, the ORIGINAL LSJ equipped vehicle.

And as far as the 1st LSJ in the 12s goes, of those who brag on the internet, as far as you know. You can't possibly know what is going on everywhere and as many [or more] people that own these cars don't even post on the 'Net. Sheesh, egoitis seem prevalent in this market.

So, what's the scoop, is the '04 Ion Red Line covered in the HPTuners suite?

Quote Originally Posted by f00rker
    RE: the cobalt vs red line thing...

And as far as the 1st LSJ in the 12s goes, of those who brag on the internet, as far as you know. You can't possibly know what is going on everywhere and as many [or more] people that own these cars don't even post on the 'Net. Sheesh, egoitis seem prevalent in this market.
    Exactly. Should see what erupts when you mention the Redline was the 1st Ecotec powered FWD car in the 7s!
    Poo Poo to your 12s.
    Anyways YES the 2004 IRL will be supported
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5743

WopOnTour

Tuner
    7.92 > 7.96

I also like how other posters immedaitely start making derogatory comments about the cobalt owners being stupid for paying more or that we are all stupid 16 year old kids who's parents got us our cars. That makes me sad.
    Last edited by zinner; 05-03-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Tuner in Training
    actuallt the 2003-2005 saab 9-3 had the lsj but with a turbo instead of a supercharger.....

And that was before there was a redline......as for redlines being comparded to cobalts thats retarded...

cause the redline should be compared to the cobaltss....

cause redlines have a base model too.......

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    actuallt the 2003-2005 saab 9-3 had the lsj but with a turbo instead of a supercharger.....
    STILL DOES actually...
    Funny though I've never seen a 9-3 tearin it up in the water box
    Wop

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour
    STILL DOES actually...
    Funny though I've never seen a 9-3 tearin it up in the water box
    Wop
    I saw a Volvo tearing it up in the water box, actually two of them.

I am thinking about getting a Saab 93 turbo 2.8 and if I end up getting one I will take it to the track for you
    Last edited by zinner; 05-03-2006 at 03:20 PM.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

lol... f00rker... who is that???

We can go back and forth all day about the RL vs. The SS/SC... it's all kiddie crap to me. We can hash and rehash who set what record first, Bonneville, 1/4 mile, etc... the point remains that they're the same car. Opinions are like... you know... every one has them, and they usally smell like... something... My only point, is that I go to events every weekend, the last 6 in a row I think, and I've never seen one competing anywhere. I've already seen a Solstice racing, but still no Cobalts. That's not an attempt to put it, or the owners down, just what I've seen. Yet at each event we bring a group of Redlines...

I'm pretty sure everyone WAS comparing the the Cobalt SS/SC, we just refer to it as the Cobalt...

It's all kiddie crap guys, it dosen't matter. Sure the RL was here first, but so what? I'll be more than happy to compare MY car, against someone else's CAR, but not models in general. Particuarly the SS/SC and the RL. What's to compare? Yea, mine came out first... so what. The Solstice came out before the Sky too, but what does that mean? Nothing. Learn from each other, make each other faster, and argue with the people that deserve it.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    I saw a Volvo tearing it up in the water box, actually two of them.

I am thinking about getting a Saab 93 turbo 2.8 and if I end up getting one I will take it to the track for you
    Hahaha ZIN!
    Funny you should mention that. I was just driving a 2.8 9-3 YESTERDAY!
    (a cabriolet/convertible model actually)
    Pretty good grunt - but with 2 extra cylliners...
    I spend a LOT of time messing with the Saabs actually
    Here is a picture of my universe
    Wop

Just ordered the HPTuners Pro interface with black box logging. Saw that the Ion and Cobalts were added to the main web page as beta...So I ordered...I'm excited!!!!

Dan

Tuner
    Woop! I just downloaded my calibration.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    would you mind posting your file?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    lol... f00rker... who is that???

We can go back and forth all day about the RL vs. The SS/SC... it's all kiddie crap to me. We can hash and rehash who set what record first, Bonneville, 1/4 mile, etc... the point remains that they're the same car. Opinions are like... you know... every one has them, and they usally smell like... something... My only point, is that I go to events every weekend, the last 6 in a row I think, and I've never seen one competing anywhere. I've already seen a Solstice racing, but still no Cobalts. That's not an attempt to put it, or the owners down, just what I've seen. Yet at each event we bring a group of Redlines...

I'm pretty sure everyone WAS comparing the the Cobalt SS/SC, we just refer to it as the Cobalt...

It's all kiddie crap guys, it dosen't matter. Sure the RL was here first, but so what? I'll be more than happy to compare MY car, against someone else's CAR, but not models in general. Particuarly the SS/SC and the RL. What's to compare? Yea, mine came out first... so what. The Solstice came out before the Sky too, but what does that mean? Nothing. Learn from each other, make each other faster, and argue with the people that deserve it.
    i think its funny because about the only difference between the 2 cars is looks. its like saying a camaro is better than the firebird because it came first.. same chassis, same motor.. the only way to compare is if the other guys setup was different.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but is there any hope in the future for the Saab 9-3's to be tunable?

I'm looking at getting a 04-05 (2.0T) around the first of the year and would love to be able to tune it. Right now the options to tune them are very limited and quite expensive considering they are simply plug and play with no customization options.

Thanks guys.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if its the same engine as the cobalt 2.0T then its very possible im sure they'd need to look into it further though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i believe it uses a different computer a bosch motronic version of engine managemen tha tis much more complex than ours iirc