Thread: Fuel pump prime option vs run constant

Potential Tuner

Fuel pump prime option vs run constant

I have an 03 dodge Cummins and I recently reflashed my ECU with the HPtuners supplied calibration. so far everything is working great but I noticed that now when my ignition is on and engine not running, my fuel pump (lift pump) runs constantly, wheras before it would just prime and then shut off. I was curious if there was an option in the software or if it could be added to enable/disable the pump prime only so that while writing to the ECU I don't have the lift pump running constantly without the engine running. Anyone else notice this? I also was curious if the supplied calibration is for an HO or an SO because I found out my ECU is a CM846 while the supplied calibration says CM845. My truck is a factory HO.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Edit I let it run and it shut off after 30 to 45 sec so not a problem. Interesting because it was about 3 sec before. Its a non issue now but I was curious about it

Tuner in Training Matt@HPTuners's Avatar
    The base calibrations are the latest available and most likely are an updated version of what is on your PCM. There may be some changes just from the update. The supplied calibration will match your current OS and follow the specified upgrade path as described above. CM845 and CM846 are grouped in the same category for simplicity's sake.

Thanks!

-Matt

It is advised to unplug the fuse or relay for the fuel pump during flashing.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]