Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 05 pre/post injection off

Tuner

05 pre/post injection off

Hi im wondering if you guys are using the timing calculator to get the truck to start with pre and post injection off? I went in to all the tables to see if setting the tables/adders/smoothing and so on all to 0 then running a flat 10 degree timing table would work, but the truck doesnt start at all when i do it...

I can play around with it some more tomorrow but at 15 minutes per flash... if anyone has a tip to get it going i would greatly appreciate it.

Other then that this software rocks... From Smarty to this... is unreal... I went from smoking all the time and at idle... to perfect idle, no more pulsing from the ac or other factors, it makes more power now then it ever has.. and i havent even really started to push it much...

Anyways, PRE/Post... thats the thread. anyone??

ANSWER: Startup Timing under Diesel Injection Timing Flattened map to 10 degrees. Starts perfect now.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-11-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Potential Tuner
    i have a 03 tune that i shut the pilot injection off. I'm new to this whole custom tuning thing but was able to get it to idle after a bunch of trial and error. now that i'm getting the hang of it the truck will sit ya back in your seat now. Keep in mind this is for a 03 and its not a perfect tune yet but you can try to use it as a reference. 12v-tune.hpt

03 and 05 use slightly different concepts and the tunes are incompatible to interchange. Please use the 03 file for reference only.

Tuner
    i noticed because i did an 03, turned off everything set it to 10 degrees and it ran fine... cant even get it to start on the 05 Thanks engineer! Im sure its just a timing thing i will need to play with or qty.. ill try it out another day.

Tuner
    interesting thunder... thats a lot of timing too. much more then i was running. and your rail pressure is 27k... do you hold target up that high?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    i noticed because i did an 03, turned off everything set it to 10 degrees and it ran fine... cant even get it to start on the 05 Thanks engineer! Im sure its just a timing thing i will need to play with or qty.. ill try it out another day.
    You need to adjust the "Cranking Timing"....
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I pulled quite a bit of timing yesterday. It ran well down low but haven't been able to actually "drive" it to see with the snow and ice. Like I said it's a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder03 View Post
    i have a 03 tune that i shut the pilot injection off. I'm new to this whole custom tuning thing but was able to get it to idle after a bunch of trial and error. now that i'm getting the hang of it the truck will sit ya back in your seat now. Keep in mind this is for a 03 and its not a perfect tune yet but you can try to use it as a reference. 12v-tune.hpt
    Might want to rethink your 3400uS....if you actually hit full cubes...starting and idling won't be your only issue, luckily your pulse and rail demand will likely drain the rail and you'll never hit full cubes....

Before someone runs this tune in their truck...look at it carefully!!! There are several issues and negative consequences might result.

I'm not a pro, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    You need to adjust the "Cranking Timing"....
    ill give it a shot.

Thanks.

Tuner
    Might want to rethink your 3400uS....if you actually hit full cubes...starting and idling won't be your only issue, luckily your pulse and rail demand will likely drain the rail and you'll never hit full cubes....

Before someone runs this tune in their truck...look at it carefully!!! There are several issues and negative consequences might result.

I didnt stay at the holiday in express but i still wouldnt throw that tune on my truck. Maybe we can get the mods to remove it?
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-11-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Advanced Tuner

Not a Pro. Lol!

Tuner
    Flattened out the startup timing table under main timing tab. Set it all to 10.

Sounds like a 12valve now. Mission complete. Not sure the wife will enjoy listening to the combustion event. but i do

Flattened out the startup timing table under main timing tab. Set it all to 10.

Sounds like a 12valve now. Mission complete. Not sure the wife will enjoy listening to the combustion event. but i do

Glad you got it

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I admitted I'm still green to all this. So without the pilot I need to back out the fuel along with the timing. Just asking because this one is based on my street tune and that one is set almost the same way fuel wise. But I'll never hit full cubes on the street.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Less pulse at max cubes but more timing....too little is just as devastating as too much

Tuner
    now i just need to figure out why commanded fuel pressure correction isnt agressive enough... sits at 18-19k cruise, nail it, drops to 14, then ramps to 23k by 2800. any insight there?

Potential Tuner
    You didn't shut off the ect iat adder table did you? I made that mistake. Lol

BTW thank you and Les for the insight on the timing. I wasn't thinking true "12v". I changed a couple things and holy crap what a difference. Good luck. Keep us posted!

now i just need to figure out why commanded fuel pressure correction isnt agressive enough... sits at 18-19k cruise, nail it, drops to 14, then ramps to 23k by 2800. any insight there?
    Post your log and I can look this evening
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Smoothing the FP map, testing the smoke limit EQ table and testing Preinjection without post to see whats up. Ill pm you the rom and log when i get one together today. the thing is its fast enough now... but i want to learn more.