Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 05 pre/post injection off

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Smoothing the FP map, testing the smoke limit EQ table and testing Preinjection without post to see whats up. Ill pm you the rom and log when i get one together today. the thing is its fast enough now... but i want to learn more.
    I'm currently pretty much doing the same thing, except.... It's never fast enough! :-)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I'm currently pretty much doing the same thing, except.... It's never fast enough! :-)

Thats what im finding too.. I have a terribly high PW in my primary injection table to get it to almost smoke... then i hit the high EGT issue... and by the time i let off the Fuel rail pressure is finally caught up....

And i have BBI injectors... so there shouldnt be any reason im not going much much faster... but im only running 30psi... that could be part of it.

Post logs and there are some of us who can give some insight
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks Les, Do you have a standard requirement for what you want logged. Im still getting setup with parameters i think are important but you may have a much different list.

At a minimum :

FPD
    FPA
    FCA mA
    PULSE
    MAIN, PILOT TIMING
    MASTER FUEL CORRECTION REASON
    RPM
    FUEL QUANTITY (mm3)
    THROTTLE POSITION
    COOLANT TEMP
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thats what im finding too.. I have a terribly high PW in my primary injection table to get it to almost smoke... then i hit the high EGT issue... and by the time i let off the Fuel rail pressure is finally caught up....

And i have BBI injectors... so there shouldnt be any reason im not going much much faster... but im only running 30psi... that could be part of it.
    It took me a bit to get it to go to "max cubes" as Les calls it. I'm still not sure why the fuel rate wasn't going to max, but it is now. I'm making ~82psi of boost at 2170us PW. Which normally on my truck is a little over 1,000 hp on the dyno. I would not consider this a max effort tune in any way, but I have a tune that I can play with on the pilot and post events.

I've played with pilot and post on an 06, but my 05 responses totally different.

Paul

It took me a bit to get it to go to "max cubes" as Les calls it. I'm still not sure why the fuel rate wasn't going to max, but it is now. I'm making ~82psi of boost at 2170us PW. Which normally on my truck is a little over 1,000 hp on the dyno. I would not consider this a max effort tune in any way, but I have a tune that I can play with on the pilot and post events.

I've played with pilot and post on an 06, but my 05 responses totally different.

Paul

Paul...what are you seeing as max mm3?
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Paul...what are you seeing as max mm3?
    The run last night was 139.6.

Tuner

Paul what did you adjust to get the fuel rates up?

You should be around 155-160mm3 when everything is in point.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Paul what did you adjust to get the fuel rates up?
    I need to go back and compare the tunes. I've been working on changes to pilot and post events, so it has been awhile since I actually tried a full throttle run. I did not change anything on purpose to bring that up.

Tuner in Training
    You should be around 155-160mm3 when everything is in point.
    Still aways to go then. It was in the 120's. I was going by the table, as it only goes to 140.

In beta testing 155-160mm3 was what was the general consensus of "Full Fuel"
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner
    I cant get half of the things your asking for to show values on my truck... What do you want me to do send you the log parameters? Its just not working...

Advanced Tuner
    Did you apply the OS code patch?

Yes as stated above you need to apply the OS Code Modification Patch for the SCI logging to work and get the actual SCI pids and not the generic SAE.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    In beta testing 155-160mm3 was what was the general consensus of "Full Fuel"
    Are you re-scaling the main pw table (as well as others) to 160mm3? It's something I want to try with the HP tuners, but until I get it to fuel above 140mm3, it's kind of pointless. It would still have an effect I suspect....

Tuner
    Are you re-scaling the main pw table (as well as others) to 160mm3? It's something I want to try with the HP tuners, but until I get it to fuel above 140mm3, it's kind of pointless. It would still have an effect I suspect....
    See thats where i thought i understood but im rethinking...

I thought the pedal tables were commanded mm3 which then goes to the PW table and says hey im at 140mm3 commanded and im runnning 20,000PSI what the heck do i spray. Table says 3500us.

If im wrong let me know... IT would explain why i scaled the last row up so high expecting it to target that and it only made differences when i interpolated and bumped the 100mm3 row...

2007 5.9 i PM'd you.

As for OS code patch. I did it. Supports helping me today.

No sir...there is no real need to rescale any of the tables UNLESS your looking for 4000+rpm, in which case you would re-map the far right side of the RPM axis in the main timing table, so you have full and accurate control.

You should be able to see with logging "Master Fuel Correction Reason" what is holdiong you back.

It may be something as simple as taking a limiter table to 160mm3 instead of 145mm3...
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I haven't been able to get my fuel rate mm3 to over 150s then it drops to 135 area by shift point. Truck runs great and is running the inj pw i want and pressure. I have beat my head wondering why the load % and mm3 drop and my load only reads in the 40% to upper 30s now instead of 99.8% area... When i was limiting tables to make sure i could get more fuel i must have limited one i didnt need to or something. As i am commanding 157mm3 and don't get it. Anyone have any idea there? I just thought the fuel rate was as another guy stated above... that what your fuel rate was is where u are at in the inj pw table and timing tables?? As long as you have your inj pw and pressure id think u are getting that fuel no matter how the fuel rate mm3 is reading? Please correct me and help me out if im wrong here. Mines an 05 auto btw
    Last edited by Blevins; 01-12-2016 at 08:45 PM.