Thread: 2010 Challenger with only BBK TB having issues

2010 Challenger with only BBK TB having issues

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to the dodge stuff, hoping someone with experience can chime in. Vehicle is a 2010 Challenger SRT, 5 speed automatic. The ONLY modification is a BBK 90mm TB. The TB won't close enough to get idle down to stock idle values, but that's ok, I moved the desired idle to keep timing in check. The main issue is that when I floor it on the dyno (3rd gear for now) I will get a flashing lightning bolt (TB issue) on the dash. this doesn't happen every time. Once I got a P0121, once I got a P0122. I'm not sure if this is a bad TB out of the box, or if it's possible that the tune is the issue with expected air not matching actual airflow. I'm attaching the tune. If anyone with experience could comment I'd appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

bump! anyone?

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried to do a TB relearn with WiTech? That sometimes fixes it already. But i have seen many of thes TBs having issues / not working correct. Even out of the box i have seen them broken already.
    Also this TB is 90mm . Did you open up the intake to fit that? Intake is smaller.

What does the Throttle Body airflow table do? 90mm is 112.5% of the stock 80mm throttle body so does that table need scaled accordingly to properly show the new flow?
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Tuner in Training
    There are lots of people installing these and not tuning anything and they dont throw a code.
    Realeran the TB first, in WiTech under PCM - Misc - Relearn ETC . There is a reason why this function exists.
    Dont think too complicated, sometimes the easiest thing will fix it. You dont have to make tons of changes in tunes for every little s...ht. ;-)

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by monty007 View Post
    There are lots of people installing these and not tuning anything and they dont throw a code.
    Realeran the TB first, in WiTech under PCM - Misc - Relearn ETC . There is a reason why this function exists.
    Dont think too complicated, sometimes the easiest thing will fix it. You dont have to make tons of changes in tunes for every little s...ht. ;-)
    To piggy back a little on this, the Arrignton 90mm doesn't usually exhibit issues like it seems this one is. Even without a re-learn. So if that doesn't fix it, I might try another TB.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Every car will be different when installing a TB, usually about 75% of them need no retune and no relearn to not throw a code. 15% need the tune tweaked (airflow tables) and the small population left will need to ditch the TB and try a new one. All of the aftermarket TB's for the hemi platform reuse the stock mechanics and sensors, sometimes the reused stock gear is just faulty.

Potential Tuner
    126.5625% actually, goes by surface area, not diameter.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    BBK i have personally seen lots of issues with them.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Same here with the bbk.. We send it back to the factory and didn't cover the guarantee because they said that the tunner open it.. That was not true.. They fixed because I only did the re-learn suggested by them and started working with any issues...