Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Tuner

Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

To try and keep the pre/post injection thread on track i wanted to open up a different thread focused on the main PID for all things limiting,

Master Fuel Correction Reason If you have one post it up and hopefully someone will start answering what the root cause if of this limitation. Most of them are simple but it makes sense to start something to track.

I will try and keep them all at the top of this thread so that people can reference them. Thanks!
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-13-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Tuner
    Master Fuel Correction Reason:

0x34 Air Density - Fix: HP Tuners is releasing new Limitation Maps to fix This
    High Speed Governor - Fix: 4-3 Downshift - Norm / 4-3 Downshift - Tow adjustment, either rescale RPM and turn petal to over 100% @ 1700 and have next rpm value lower 1500 so it doesnt change, or change values of 1700+ to 100.75 - Thanks Blevins!
    Boost P.F - Fix: Boost Protection factor - Look under engine/fuel/Diesel injector Quantity = Either turn off the protection factor or up the table to support your boost levels under (Boost Pressure Limit A)
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-14-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    High Speed Governor
    Boost P.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Master Fuel Correction Reason:

0x34 Air Density - Fix: Unknown
    High Speed Governor - Fix: Unknown
    Air Density is one of these tables...

Plus 7863 to "Disable

"High Speed Governor"

From my understanding..

7669-7679

And or

Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Air Density is one of these tables...

7559 - Actual 145.5 - limit - 150
    7560 - Actual 145.5 - limit - 150
    7561 - Actual 145.5 - limit - 150

Plus 7863 to "Disable - Set to disable

Still have the code coming up

"High Speed Governor"

From my understanding..

7669-7679

And or

Tuner in Training
    Ive maxed the high speed governor tables and still get it. And anything over 60mph when i go WOT it downshifts to 3rd and it just sets a 3300rpm which is odd... So just to check i loaded stock tune file went wot from 65mph downshifted fine to about 3k climbed to 31-3200 and shifted as normal... But i got the high speed governor coming up and also an air density code. Odd to me.
    Last edited by Blevins; 01-13-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    Ive maxed the high speed governor tables and still get it. And anything over 60mph when i go WOT it downshifts to 3rd and it just sets a 3300rpm which is odd... So just to check i loaded stock tune file went wot from 65mph downshifted fine to about 3k climbed to 31-3200 and shifted as normal... But i got the high speed governor coming up and also an air density code. Odd to me.
    Please post your tune so we can take a look at what you've got going on.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log of a 65mph kick down. Now mind you if i kick it down at 55mph it acts totally fine....

EDIT: Fixed the issue with some trans adjustments on kick down.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blevins; 01-13-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Here is a log of a 65mph kick down. Now mind you if i kick it down at 55mph it acts totally fine....

EDIT: Fixed the issue with some trans adjustments on kick down.
    Where did your tune file go?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Where did your tune file go?
    After loading up a smarty tune and trying to kick down at 65mph i got the same result... So i knew it had to be somewhere in the trans table that my truck just doesnt like. It has a buit trans so may have something to do with it... So after that took it off didnt think u needed it but if u want to look through it and see if there is anything i can do to keep commanded mm3 up across the board please feel free to do so.

So here is the tune file u can see what i changed in the trans to make it stop doing this. Just a kick down adjustment. Everything else i left alone on this. Pulls fuel rate as rpm goes up a little still but i have my 120-140 mm3 tables blocked in on inj pw and timing so it stays running those where i want them for this tune. LMK if u see any issues.

Last edited by Blevins; 01-14-2016 at 11:39 AM.

After loading up a smarty tune and trying to kick down at 65mph i got the same result... So i knew it had to be somewhere in the trans table that my truck just doesnt like. It has a buit trans so may have something to do with it... So after that took it off didnt think u needed it but if u want to look through it and see if there is anything i can do to keep commanded mm3 up across the board please feel free to do so.

So here is the tune file u can see what i changed in the trans to make it stop doing this. Just a kick down adjustment. Everything else i left alone on this. Pulls fuel rate as rpm goes up a little still but i have my 120-140 mm3 tables blocked in on inj pw and timing so it stays running those where i want them for this tune. LMK if u see any issues.

Can you also post up your stock file please.

Tuner in Training
    Can you also post up your stock file please.
    Sure. Here ya go!55677
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why did you touch the red circled table?

You haven't touched any of the blue circled tables.

What is your lift pump pressure running at during a WOT run?

Why have you messed with the airflow tables?

Untitled (1).png
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 01-14-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Why did you touch the red circled table?

You haven't touched any of the blue circled tables.

What is your lift pump pressure running at during a WOT run?

Why have you messed with the airflow tables?

Untitled (1).png
    It is under the fuel quantity limit so in attempt to eliminate a possible limiter i maxed that table at one point in time. Weeks back actually... I know the other day i zeroed that table out just to see what it would do and the truck would barely go up the street lol.

As far as the blue circled parameters I have tried disabling the master protection switch and it had no effect on fuel rate.

No idea what my lift pump is doing i dont have a gauge on it. Its a FASS 150GPH. Just know the smarty holds the fuel rate at 155.6 and the tune file here will hit 155 sometimes but always drops back to about 135-140 especially when it breaks the tires loose. This is why i have blocked my 120-140mm3 tables in.

It is under the fuel quantity limit so in attempt to eliminate a possible limiter i maxed that table at one point in time. Weeks back actually... I know the other day i zeroed that table out just to see what it would do and the truck would barely go up the street lol.

As far as the blue circled parameters I have tried disabling the master protection switch and it had no effect on fuel rate.

No idea what my lift pump is doing i dont have a gauge on it. Its a FASS 150GPH. Just know the smarty holds the fuel rate at 155.6 and the tune file here will hit 155 sometimes but always drops back to about 135-140 especially when it breaks the tires loose. This is why i have blocked my 120-140mm3 tables in.
    Regardless of what the Smarty fuel rate is or does. What does your actual and desired rail pressure look like when running the Smarty?

Before you do any further tuning or potentially damage your engine (if that already hasn't happened), perhaps you should consider:

1. Investing in a lift pump pressure gauge.
    2. Investing in a quality custom tune from a "reputable" tuner so that you'll have a bench mark tune to work your tuning towards.

But if your truck isn't up to the task of running correctly to begin with no amount of tuning from anyone will enable it to run properly.

Tuner in Training
    Regardless of what the Smarty fuel rate is or does. What does your actual and desired rail pressure look like when running the Smarty?

Before you do any further tuning or potentially damage your engine (if that already hasn't happened), perhaps you should consider:

2. Investing in a quality custom tune from a "reputable" tuner so that you'll have a bench mark tune to work your tuning towards.

But if your truck isn't up to the task of running correctly to begin with no amount of tuning from anyone will enable it to run properly.
    The truck runs great actually! Very smooth, EGT under control etc. And there has been no damage lol truck is just fine, but thanks for your concern although not sure why u are... There is an update coming to address the fuel rate issue for the 04.5 and up and will be announced when done. That's in the main thread up top that i just got a reply from HPT on... Thought u may have some info on it is why i shared the file with you. Quite a few others have seen the file and logs and never suggested i need not do anymore tuning etc before i damage my engine....

And no thanks on spending $ on a tune file especially one thats locked. Cant learn the software like that... And thats all most of us are doing is trying to learn the software at this point to share and help others and to help notify HPT of any bugs as it is so new. HPT has been great so far with a positive attitude on helping and addressing things when they see it for us. It takes people like us that are willing to work with the software and try things and report back the findings.

Tuner

Sounds like he fixed the problem and will change back the tables he maxed/0'd out in the process of finding it.

Ill update the top of the thread when i review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Sounds like he fixed the problem and will change back the tables he maxed/0'd out in the process of finding it.

Ill update the top of the thread when i review it.
    I have a really good hunch I will have the update well before you do.
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 01-14-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Belvin's tune log:
    Untitled (1).png

My personal truck:
    Untitled (2).png

Untitled (3).png

As you can clearly see any "fueling issues" anyone has mentioned in this thread aren't really an issue. I have fuel commanded pulse width out to over 3700rpm.

You can also clearly see in the 3rd picture I posted that if you are showing the High Speed Governor show up in the Master Fuel Correction Reason you don't have something quite right in your tuning yet.

The truck runs great actually! Very smooth, EGT under control etc. And there has been no damage lol truck is just fine, but thanks for your concern although not sure why u are... There is an update coming to address the fuel rate issue for the 04.5 and up and will be announced when done. That's in the main thread up top that i just got a reply from HPT on... Thought u may have some info on it is why i shared the file with you. Quite a few others have seen the file and logs and never suggested i need not do anymore tuning etc before i damage my engine....

And no thanks on spending $ on a tune file especially one thats locked. Cant learn the software like that... And thats all most of us are doing is trying to learn the software at this point to share and help others and to help notify HPT of any bugs as it is so new. HPT has been great so far with a positive attitude on helping and addressing things when they see it for us. It takes people like us that are willing to work with the software and try things and report back the findings.
    Untitled (1).png

Does it not concern you that your actual rail pressure is no where near following the desired rail pressure the ECM is asking for?