Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

I'll take some screenshots, I had the enters maxed and the exits a couple hundred rpm lower. Also had the extreme cutoff still at 5500rpm.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    I'll take some screenshots, I had the enters maxed and the exits a couple hundred rpm lower. Also had the extreme cutoff still at 5500rpm.
    This would go along with my theory of off by 700rpm too... 5500 setup -700 would be around 4800 you would see the cutoff... interesting... im not sure what i want to test... maxing it out or doing it with my theory. lol
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    This would go along with my theory of off by 700rpm too... 5500 setup -700 would be around 4800 you would see the cutoff... interesting... im not sure what i want to test... maxing it out or doing it with my theory. lol
    Very well could be, it was still pulling when I let off but that could be because I let out of it right when the limiter was starting to kick in.

Here are pictures of where I had the limiters set at.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What year off truck is this Kill?

What is the OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    What year off truck is this Kill?

What is the OS?
    Early 2004, CM848

Early 2004, CM848
    Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Lot less options there than in an 05...

Alright, did some further testing. Raising the extreme cut off up to 6000 didn't change much, still only made it to 4925 rpm. So to test the pedal map limit, I rescaled the pedal map to zero out at 4000rpm instead of 5100 and left everything else the same. This time the truck maxed out at 3834rpm, so it appears using the pedal map as the limiter you would need to set it a couple hundred rpms higher than your target. Also, it would probably be best to ramp the fuel down over a column or two instead of jumping straight to zero like I did.

Alright, did some further testing. Raising the extreme cut off up to 6000 didn't change much, still only made it to 4925 rpm. So to test the pedal map limit, I rescaled the pedal map to zero out at 4000rpm instead of 5100 and left everything else the same. This time the truck maxed out at 3834rpm, so it appears using the pedal map as the limiter you would need to set it a couple hundred rpms higher than your target. Also, it would probably be best to ramp the fuel down over a column or two instead of jumping straight to zero like I did.
    I did some testing on this in December on my early 04 truck. I did not run into anything that stopped me.
    I set the extreme cutoff, OS cutoff, and driver cutoff all at 4800, gave it full fuel to 4800 in the pedal map, and it happily goes right to 4800.
    With the torque numbers maxed out, the gas pedal gets really wild and pretty useless, so you can see I responded with an equally wild pedal table. It sort of works but the pedal is still very odd, and not linear at all. I wouldnt pull a trailer on this setup but its really fun to go sideways everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner

I did some more testing too... I cant get it to stop pulling the TPS up top... 3870 it starts... I tried 2 things. One took my rev limit desired and added 700RPM to test out that first theory...

Left A/B/C on manual stuff alone

Went up to 4000... but struggled... or 4100... ish

Went in and maxed it out like you mentioned. Left the Manual ABC alone...

No difference.

it actually pulls TPS and MM3 till it stops me...

So im thinking next test it to max out the first to on manual AB and see what happens... then i will need to remap the whole pedal map though... not cool..
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    I did some more testing too... I cant get it to stop pulling the TPS up top... 3870 it starts... I tried 2 things. One took my rev limit desired and added 700RPM to test out that first theory...

Left A/B/C on manual stuff alone

Went up to 4000... but struggled... or 4100... ish

Went in and maxed it out like you mentioned. Left the Manual ABC alone...

No difference.

it actually pulls TPS and MM3 till it stops me...

So im thinking next test it to max out the first to on manual AB and see what happens... then i will need to remap the whole pedal map though... not cool..

No difference. Opened a ticket with Support. - NOTE - Opened a ticket and downlaoded the new version. before my 05 ECM settings for DCFO Manual ABC were 3650/3650/740

Noe they are 3650/3650/3650

I "Think" they had it mapped wrong... Because when i turned that up before and would go down the road when i would go for 3rd it would race to infinity RPM... or fuel OS cutoff... which was 5000 at the time...

Im reflashing and will update when i test it.

Update - Still not working right. And when it pulls tps the rail pressure drops and runs real hot... so im not gonna be testing this too much more before i get word back from hp.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    No difference. Opened a ticket with Support. - NOTE - Opened a ticket and downlaoded the new version. before my 05 ECM settings for DCFO Manual ABC were 3650/3650/740

Noe they are 3650/3650/3650

I "Think" they had it mapped wrong... Because when i turned that up before and would go down the road when i would go for 3rd it would race to infinity RPM... or fuel OS cutoff... which was 5000 at the time...

Im reflashing and will update when i test it.

Update - Still not working right. And when it pulls tps the rail pressure drops and runs real hot... so im not gonna be testing this too much more before i get word back from hp.

Bump for any other ideas. I have maxed out all the DFCO tables, it eventually revs higher but its fighting another limitation at 3650 that it pops, pulls my TPS out and then eventually catches it bt 4100... its bad enough that it broke my egt probe... Support says there isnt another limiter and others with an 05 with G56 have been able to rev up to 5k.

Can someone post details on what they did?
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    Kill can you PM me your rom. I want to see what your doing different.
    Reving to 4800

Kill can you PM me your rom. I want to see what your doing different.
    Tried, but I didnt see an option for attaching tunes in a pm. The fact that it pulls out of it almost leads me to believe it may be a timing issue, as in too much timing in that range that it is popping. And is it actually pulling tps or just commanded fuel? I find it odd that it would change tps since that is basically just a sensor reading.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having a similar issue with my 05, though it's an automatic. It also pulls TPS, and decreases fuel rate. I am getting a pilot timing error, that says clipped. I'm trying to track that down. It is added to much pilot timing, I just have not been able to determine where it is coming from. I actually don't know that the two are related, but in either case it's not right. It logs as clipping at 81 degrees pilot, and that is about 30 more degrees then I'm commanding.

Paul

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I'm having a similar issue with my 05, though it's an automatic. It also pulls TPS, and decreases fuel rate. I am getting a pilot timing error, that says clipped. I'm trying to track that down. It is added to much pilot timing, I just have not been able to determine where it is coming from. I actually don't know that the two are related, but in either case it's not right. It logs as clipping at 81 degrees pilot, and that is about 30 more degrees then I'm commanding.

Paul
    I was having the same issue with excessive pilot timing, which also resulted in receiving the same "clipped" limiter.

I ended up totally revising my main, blend, and adder pilot tables so that it runs closer to 40*.

There are still some strange things happening with these adder tables that I don't think anyone really understands. Some are claiming that they are simply labeled wrong and should be named high/low limiting tables, but the coefficients definitely seem to affect total outputs, as well as act as a total high/low limit when combined with the adder tables.

There could be another table or two that we don't yet have access to that may explain some of the odd behavior. But for now, I have what I feel is a decent pilot timing curve.

Tuner in Training
    The pilot timing tables are what I am working on now. I was hoping that would fix where it is pulling TPS back, but it doesn't sound like it. I dislike putting values in tables to fix outcomes, but it looks like I may have to in this case. Once I "fix" the clipped limiter, then I can move onto the TPS issue. I hate making 800hp pulls just to see that the pilot timing is still not right.

Tuner
    Pilot timing is missing an iat adder and coefficient. HP are still working to include it in a future update

Tuner in Training
    Is the feel that the TPS fall off not related to the pilot timing? I'm not sure how they would be related, but the fall off does seem to start close to the time when the pilot correction first shows clipped.