Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Bamofo, do you have any fuel quantity protection factors under the Injection Quantity tab still enabled? I tried to leave some of those enabled at first but it wouldn't rev much over 4k rpm until I disabled all of them besides the boost limit. Try just disabling all of them if you haven't already and see what it does.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    Bamofo, do you have any fuel quantity protection factors under the Injection Quantity tab still enabled? I tried to leave some of those enabled at first but it wouldn't rev much over 4k rpm until I disabled all of them besides the boost limit. Try just disabling all of them if you haven't already and see what it does.
    Did they fix the baro one for 05? I konw it put my truck in non responsive mode when i did that last time...

Looking at it now i have limit B on, boost pressure which i never hit, fuel pressure, and baro.

I "think" i turned off Limit B at one point but no difference, or i had to travel for work so i put my old map back on...
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Did they fix the baro one for 05? I konw it put my truck in non responsive mode when i did that last time...

Looking at it now i have limit B on, boost pressure which i never hit, fuel pressure, and baro.

I "think" i turned off Limit B at one point but no difference, or i had to travel for work so i put my old map back on...
    I can't help you there, I haven't tuned an 04.5 up truck yet so I don't know about the baro problem. You obviously have a lot more tables/limiters in your 05 ecm so you may not have to disable them and just adjust the tables, but that is where I would look next. I know when I was playing around with it I just kept disabling them one at a time, the last one I disabled was the limit A protection factor. I don't think I ever tried adding the others back in to test if it was really necessary to turn them all off since leaving them disabled didn't make any noticeable difference in the rest of the tune. I also have the whole torque limit table maxed out, but I had already done that before I tried for higher rpm so I don't know if that affected the ability to reach 4k+ or not.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    I can't help you there, I haven't tuned an 04.5 up truck yet so I don't know about the baro problem. You obviously have a lot more tables/limiters in your 05 ecm so you may not have to disable them and just adjust the tables, but that is where I would look next. I know when I was playing around with it I just kept disabling them one at a time, the last one I disabled was the limit A protection factor. I don't think I ever tried adding the others back in to test if it was really necessary to turn them all off since leaving them disabled didn't make any noticeable difference in the rest of the tune. I also have the whole torque limit table maxed out, but I had already done that before I tried for higher rpm so I don't know if that affected the ability to reach 4k+ or not.

I have another 05 that is unable to rev over 4100 as well. we both have tickets open with support.. But they are unwilling to look into it yet. If anyone has an 05 that is reving over 4200 i guess... please post up on this thread.
    Reving to 4800

I don't have any truck 2003-2005 with supporting mods unable to get over 4k weather in gear or free-rev
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Your welcome to send me those files and associated logs and I'll look when I have some time
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Your welcome to send me those files and associated logs and I'll look when I have some time

Do you specifically have an 05 to reference with the logs? I would love to see someone's HPL showing the truck run up that high!

Great to hear someone is making it that high.

I can share the rom with you. The logs are part of this thread now. You can follow the thread of where the throttle is being cut and so on.

Please note the rom im linking/sending to you is not whats on the truck now it was just to show the truck limiting itself.

When i hear back ill send you the rom.

Question i have under Low Fuel Pressure Fuel QTY. Limiter, What triggers that... is it a static number? is it a difference from target? just want to know what that has for background. Ive never seen a PF for it... but just wondering... Seeing the the master limit switch is off i assume that shouldn't matter but i see other tables still matter even with it off...

Also the Torque cut PID Min, some people's roms they have sent me have 850 which would mean that torque cut is enabled above 850. i have seen a few that have 8000 in there... that would effectively turn that off correct? And then i would need to do it through the pedal map? or did i miss something..

Edit: Update. I played more with the Limiters and ive gotten it to 4200, where it hits a very quick limiter... then you can throttle threw it stopped... but driving it hits the limit and i didnt push through it... Ill keep adjusting things to the max i guess....

Edit Again: Turned up Torque limit to max too... its stationary up to 4585 but can push through to 4800... Looks like even if there isnt a PF listed that it still holds it back... very interesting...
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-22-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    Reving to 4800

Advanced Tuner
    Do you specifically have an 05 to reference with the logs? I would love to see someone's HPL showing the truck run up that high!

Great to hear someone is making it that high.

I can share the rom with you. The logs are part of this thread now. You can follow the thread of where the throttle is being cut and so on.

Please note the rom im linking/sending to you is not whats on the truck now it was just to show the truck limiting itself.

When i hear back ill send you the rom.

Question i have under Low Fuel Pressure Fuel QTY. Limiter, What triggers that... is it a static number? is it a difference from target? just want to know what that has for background. Ive never seen a PF for it... but just wondering... Seeing the the master limit switch is off i assume that shouldn't matter but i see other tables still matter even with it off...

Also the Torque cut PID Min, some people's roms they have sent me have 850 which would mean that torque cut is enabled above 850. i have seen a few that have 8000 in there... that would effectively turn that off correct? And then i would need to do it through the pedal map? or did i miss something..

Edit: Update. I played more with the Limiters and ive gotten it to 4200, where it hits a very quick limiter... then you can throttle threw it stopped... but driving it hits the limit and i didnt push through it... Ill keep adjusting things to the max i guess....

Edit Again: Turned up Torque limit to max too... its stationary up to 4585 but can push through to 4800... Looks like even if there isnt a PF listed that it still holds it back... very interesting...
    Sounds like you're hitting the same hard limiter at 4200 that I'm experiencing in my 05, as well.

Sure wish we could get this licked!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Sounds like you're hitting the same hard limiter at 4200 that I'm experiencing in my 05, as well.

Sure wish we could get this licked!
    I feel like im making progress, but its all theory and no written documentation on why what im doing is working...

Last change that got me to 4500 was torque limit table maxed......
    Reving to 4800

Advanced Tuner
    I feel like im making progress, but its all theory and no written documentation on why what im doing is working...

Last change that got me to 4500 was torque limit table maxed......
    Yeah, I've had my torque limit table maxed the whole time.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Yeah, I've had my torque limit table maxed the whole time.
    Last idea i have is to just max out the Manual Torque limiter A-C and see if it makes a difference... but to my understanding the way i setup the max and min it shouldnt be applying any limitations because the effective range would be above 8000RPM's...

But again, slow progress.... but we will figure it out. Unless someone wants to point out specifically where we are going wrong with this.
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    Sent it 2 days ago, any luck? im assuming its gonna be something simple... but im not sure.
    Reving to 4800

Sent it 2 days ago, any luck? im assuming its gonna be something simple... but im not sure.
    Never got an email
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Never got an email
    I sent it in PM to you with links to everything. on hp tuners.
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    Never got an email
    Bump sent the PM with everything.

Moving to a different thread this is off topic.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-28-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    I'm getting a "torque crv limit" for a master fuel correction reason and I can't find the limiter anywhere, it's limiting the fuel rate to 145 as far as I can tell, any insight?
    15 C7Z M7

I'm not sure which ecm you have, but on my 845 I think it's this table? I hit that as well and assumed it was this table (7580).

Torque Limit.PNG
    2003 QC Long Flat Bed 6spd, Intake, Exh, Heavy Valve Springs, HE351VE Arduino

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    I'm getting a "torque crv limit" for a master fuel correction reason and I can't find the limiter anywhere, it's limiting the fuel rate to 145 as far as I can tell, any insight?
    I know "Torque CRV Limit" on my truck truck was caused by reaching the max value in the pedal map.

Tuner
    Never got an email

Les any update on this? I sent it via PM a while ago... but no response. IF your too busy please just let me know so i can keep the thread going.
    Reving to 4800

subscribed