Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Attachment 55685

Does it not concern you that your actual rail pressure is no where near following the desired rail pressure the ECM is asking for?

moparmatty - What year is your truck and what mods?
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-14-2016 at 03:27 PM.

2004.5 Auto.
    5" exhaust
    S&B cold air intake
    Fass 150

Tuner
    2004.5 Auto.
    5" exhaust
    S&B cold air intake
    Fass 150

I was thinkign the lift pump was the issue on mine too. I mean what the computer asks for and what you run, as long as the numbers are consistant on what acutal is all the time.. they are just numbers.

did you play with the FP Regulator settings at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    I was thinkign the lift pump was the issue on mine too. I mean what the computer asks for and what you run, as long as the numbers are consistant on what acutal is all the time.. they are just numbers.

Stock regulator settings on my truck.

They are not just numbers. If the actual and desired aren't close to the same within reason, something somewhere isn't right. The numbers are there for a reason and tell you what is going on. If the numbers didn't mean anything why have the desired numbers (or any numbers for that matter) to work with?

With your thinking, if they are just numbers, maxing ever table to their highest numbers won't affect anything right?

You guys keep going down the paths you're on with your tuning and you'll not like the consequences that are going to happen eventually to your truck.

There have been a few of us here trying to help you but you all seem to ignore what has been said and think there's nothing wrong with what or how your truck is running. Most of the HPT tunes for 2003-2005 Cummins trucks I have seen have no place being flashed into ANYONE'S ECM. Facts are facts. The logs don't lie.

I am certainly no master tuner but I know what's right or wrong and listen to people in the know when I don't know something.

As a result of this thread, I'll no longer be posting on this forum.

Keep up the good work boys!
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 01-14-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner

If they're just numbers, why not throw all caution to the wind, and set the duration to 6000 uSec, and SOI timing to 50*? Should run like a scalded cat... at least for a few seconds.

I don't know how you can think that running pulsewidths in the 3300+ uSec range to be acceptable, and not in any way, shape, or form detrimental to engine life. EGTs be damned...

Also, your actual rail pressure not keeping up with desired, while being obviously indicative of a fuel supply issue, is going to be a huge contributor to your melted down engine in the near future if you keep going the way you're going.

For the sake of helping you NOT hurt things...here are max values for a stock truck...

3100uS
    27-30* Main
    23.5k rail

If you cant get it to run right with those numbers...your either doing it wrong, or there is a issue with the truck.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner
    you guys like jumping on the bandwagon i can see that, thanks for adding value to the thread.

Tuner in Training
    Stock regulator settings on my truck.

They are not just numbers. If the actual and desired aren't close to the same within reason, something somewhere isn't right. The numbers are there for a reason and tell you what is going on. If the numbers didn't mean anything why have the desired numbers (or any numbers for that matter) to work with?

With your thinking, if they are just numbers, maxing ever table to their highest numbers won't affect anything right?

You guys keep going down the paths you're on with your tuning and you'll not like the consequences that are going to happen eventually to your truck.

There have been a few of us here trying to help you but you all seem to ignore what has been said and think there's nothing wrong with what or how your truck is running. Most of the HPT tunes for 2003-2005 Cummins trucks I have seen have no place being flashed into ANYONE'S ECM. Facts are facts. The logs don't lie.

I am certainly no master tuner but I know what's right or wrong and listen to people in the know when I don't know something.

As a result of this thread, I'll no longer be posting on this forum.

Keep up the good work boys!
    So u posted logs of when i was having an issue that i have since fixed thanks to some help from Bamofo... then trying to discredit me lol. Wow you really need to grow up and stop trying to argue on internet forums and do whatever you can to pump ur chest and feel superior.... These forums are here to help... not to talk down to people and try to find anything u can to try and make yourself look better etc I have seen some bad gas tunes in my day but u will never see me on a forum talking down to anyone or trying to make someone look bad from posting a log when they said they were having an issue.

Here is a log from my truck following commanded rail pressure nicely. Might want to give someone more then a few mins to fix an issue before you bash them in the future.... Software was released a month ago now. Some of us didn't have access to it before then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blevins; 01-15-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    If they're just numbers, why not throw all caution to the wind, and set the duration to 6000 uSec, and SOI timing to 50*? Should run like a scalded cat... at least for a few seconds.

I don't know how you can think that running pulsewidths in the 3300+ uSec range to be acceptable, and not in any way, shape, or form detrimental to engine life. EGTs be damned...

Also, your actual rail pressure not keeping up with desired, while being obviously indicative of a fuel supply issue, is going to be a huge contributor to your melted down engine in the near future if you keep going the way you're going.

your mixing two conversations. Someone elses truck wasnt hitting demand on stock injectors - I was talking about the setting on my truck, different thread.

And for the record i did set the uS to 6000, the truck pulled fuel because of some limit not defined yet. It now runs the same at 3000us.

your mixing two conversations. Someone elses truck wasnt hitting demand on stock injectors - I was talking about the setting on my truck, different thread.

And for the record i did set the uS to 6000, the truck pulled fuel because of some limit not defined yet. It now runs the same at 3000us.

What limit do you think is not defined yet?
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    What limit do you think is not defined yet?

Not sure but for my ECU HP Tuners feedback is they are aware their is another limiter that they havent mapped out yet and they will post in the forum when it has been fixed where i can download it.

Thats why when i commanded 5500uS it dropped the rail pressure and made no more power then it did before. dropped it back to what i would normally run and it made the same amoutn of power.

Sorry if all the posts with terrible values in them are making you guys upset, im testing it on my truck, finding things not working and opening tickets to get them fixed.

Baro limit switch doesnt work on 05 either. causes a nostart and no pedal condition..

Advanced Tuner

Have you considered your injection timing SOI and EOI min/max limits, and how those will play into the maximum possible amount of duration you will be able to run?

Hint: The limit of duration, based on min/max SOI and EOI, will vary with RPM and how much time is available to shoot fuel within that range of SOI to EOI.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 01-15-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Tuner
    Have you considered your injection timing SOI and EOI min/max limits, and how those will play into the maximum possible amount of duration you will be able to run?

Hint: The limit of duration, based on min/max SOI and EOI, will vary with RPM and how much time is available to shoot fuel within that range of SOI to EOI.
    Ill go plug what i have into the timing calculator to see if im out of spec... Question i have, is why i would be hitting a 0x34 Air Density Master Fueling code... if it was related to start or end.. Could just be me...

Are all you density tables maxed out and the switch off?
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Are all you density tables maxed out and the switch off?

1500rpm and above yes they are. i have them set at 150, pedal map maxes at 145

Air Density Switch is off

Master Switch is off

i looked in EFI live too and i dont see any other limiting tables, but there are a ton of them so ill keep poking.

Tuner in Training
    For the sake of helping you NOT hurt things...here are max values for a stock truck...

3100uS
    27-30* Main
    23.5k rail

If you cant get it to run right with those numbers...your either doing it wrong, or there is a issue with the truck.
    Very good advice! On a stock truck those settings should be pretty close to 450hp at the wheels.

Everyone needs to remember too, that while EGT is a good safety parameter to look at, just because the EGT is not to high (whatever to high means), doesn't mean that you can't destroy parts. You can still bend rods and melt pistons without EGT being to high. As Les mention earlier not enough timing can be bad as well as to much. In my experience not enough timing usually takes longer before parts are destroyed, where with to much timing the bad effects usually happen much sooner.

Everyone play safe...

Paul

Advanced Tuner
    Ill go plug what i have into the timing calculator to see if im out of spec... Question i have, is why i would be hitting a 0x34 Air Density Master Fueling code... if it was related to start or end.. Could just be me...
    Sorry, I'm not so much inferring anything in regards to air density with that question.

It was more in regards to just how insane I think it is to expect such large amounts of pulsewidth duration.

Are you not at all concerned with spraying outside of the bowl?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Very good advice! On a stock truck those settings should be pretty close to 450hp at the wheels.

Everyone needs to remember too, that while EGT is a good safety parameter to look at, just because the EGT is not to high (whatever to high means), doesn't mean that you can't destroy parts. You can still bend rods and melt pistons without EGT being to high. As Les mention earlier not enough timing can be bad as well as to much. In my experience not enough timing usually takes longer before parts are destroyed, where with to much timing the bad effects usually happen much sooner.

Everyone play safe...

Paul
    Good/correct info especially on the timing.

Tuner
    Sorry, I'm not so much inferring anything in regards to air density with that question.

It was more in regards to just how insane I think it is to expect such large amounts of pulsewidth duration.

Are you not at all concerned with spraying outside of the bowl?

Oh i know its insane. If it was spraying what im commanding at the RP im commanding i wouldn't have a truck motor anymore, built or not...

Testing started out with taking the whole PW table and doing .75 overall. I know the BBI injectors are bigger but they dont publish how much bigger... That got my base done. Then i setup a new style of Timing map that a friend suggested as it was running good on his 03, it likes the timing now. Then i added 10% fuel to the right hand row, less at the 100 commanded row because i was using that for down low to keep smoking down in traffic, and interpolated between the last three rows... I did this for hours hitting this limit...

I was testing out different things to see if there was a limit on how much the ECU can protect itself while we wait for the real issue to come out. Meaning it seems to drop rail pressure to make up for this protection that i cant seem to find...

3000 seems to not have to pull much, but when i turned it up to 5500 in small increments of course, i saw it just pull more and more... till i was at an extreme case of 5500 like mentioned. I wondered if it would run out of how much it could protect itself. Im not willing to go any higher to find out.

Hope this helps on how i setup my maps. We can wait till HP gets back to me on what the culprit is unless others have ideas.

Tuner in Training
    Actually BBI does publish the amount. What size do you have?