Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Are you suggesting that because rail pressure is dropping with your 5500uS pulse command, that there is a hidden ecm limiter causing this?
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I have to admit, I'm having a hard time following this. I thought you were having a problem with Fuel Rate. Are you saying your problem is with Rail Pressure, and not Fuel Rate? Or am I mixing up two different peoples problems?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I have to admit, I'm having a hard time following this. I thought you were having a problem with Fuel Rate. Are you saying your problem is with Rail Pressure, and not Fuel Rate? Or am I mixing up two different peoples problems?
    To be honest i'm not sure what the limitation is at this point so please don't quote me on dropping rail pressure its a ridiculous PW to ask for, its probably something else. Like i said at the top of the original thread, which has gone way off course... is that i get main fueling reason of

0x34 Air Density

Ive gone through all the talkpaths with you guys about other things it may be. But regardless if i change RP, PW, FPR duty cycle... same settings in smarty UDC would black the whole road.

The BBI injectors i have are stage 1.

Originally these injectors have a flow rate of 61.8 l/h @ a pressure of 100bar.
    Ours flow at a rate of 76.2 l/h/100bar --> 24% increase compared to stock
    For model years 2004.5-2007 we utilize a 124? spray angle

They were new 100% no core modification as when i got the truck all the injectors were bad- 4 of 6 - Also I used 25% on UDC which is where i got the idea for HP Tuners.

I dont know what the limit is but again, HP Tuners said they are aware of it for my ECM and will post an update..

So if i go back and delete all my threads. and the only input i gave you is master fuel correction reason is - 0x34 Air Density, I double checked and answered all the things 2007 is saying correctly and i still cant run any more fuel with this programmer, where do you suggest i look next... Because i can make it work on the UDC from smarty...

Long week.... if you have any more ideas ill take them.

I do have to say that this programmer makes the truck much more friendly for my wife to drive now over smarty... she had to turn it down to 50% or it was too harsh.. she took it the whole day today with no issues.

Tuner in Training
    I have an 05, and I am commanding 178mpa, and actual is 176. Rail pressure is not being limited on my truck. As far as Fuel rate, I have not been able to test it since I modified my pedal map to command more then 140.

Tuner in Training
    So you found where it is published, good. This maybe getting off topic, but any of the BBI injectors that do not have the body mods (yours do not), have the same fuel flow at idle as stock injectors. No reason to reduce the duration map, just run the same duration map as you would with stock injectors. There are other things you can/should change, but the duration map is not it.

So back to your problem. The Air Density main fuel reason is, just what it says. It is limiting Fuel Rate, not rail pressure, and it is doing it by the Air Density maps. Two separate things. If you are having a rail pressure issue, that is not the problem.

Tuner
    I have an 05, and I am commanding 178mpa, and actual is 176. Rail pressure is not being limited on my truck. As far as Fuel rate, I have not been able to test it since I modified my pedal map to command more then 140.
    Weird... I can make adjustments but it still comes back to why im getting that de fueling reason.. before i play with it anymore i think ill just wait for an update from HP.. Unless you guys are all requesting much higher pedal table mm3... then ill go try that out when the wife gets home.

Tuner
    So you found where it is published, good. This maybe getting off topic, but any of the BBI injectors that do not have the body mods (yours do not), have the same fuel flow at idle as stock injectors. No reason to reduce the duration map, just run the same duration map as you would with stock injectors. There are other things you can/should change, but the duration map is not it.

So back to your problem. The Air Density main fuel reason is, just what it says. It is limiting Fuel Rate, not rail pressure, and it is doing it by the Air Density maps. Two separate things. If you are having a rail pressure issue, that is not the problem.
    I turned down the PW table because they were too aggressive. Thats what im used to from Smarty.. I guess i could turn it back up and then redo the pedal tables again... But it runs so nice right now, no smoke at idle, cruises perfect... it just asks for higher load to make the power it needs then it normally would.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 01-15-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Tuner in Training
    What I would suggest is to go back to the stock file that HP tuners created. Flash that to the ECM. Log RPM, Desired Rail Presure, Actual Rail Pressue, Main Inj Pulse Width, FCA ma. Post the log.

Tuner
    What I would suggest is to go back to the stock file that HP tuners created. Flash that to the ECM. Log RPM, Desired Rail Presure, Actual Rail Pressue, Main Inj Pulse Width, FCA ma. Post the log.
    Appreciate it, but i think im going to wait. If you want my log from yesterday you can have it. Let me know ill PM you the link.

Tuner in Training
    I understand. No need for the old log.

Tuner in Training
    Keep in mind that the BBI stage 1's will make about 385hp (at the wheels) with stock duration and just boost fooling(getting rid of the boost limiting). With 3200us, they make just shy of 700hp. Don't go crazy with the duration. The BBI 1's will drain the rail on a stock cp3 well before 3200us.

Tuner
    Keep in mind that the BBI stage 1's will make about 385hp (at the wheels) with stock duration and just boost fooling(getting rid of the boost limiting). With 3200us, they make just shy of 700hp. Don't go crazy with the duration. The BBI 1's will drain the rail on a stock cp3 well before 3200us.
    Thats what i was thinking too.. Ive never wanted to make that much power as my wife drives the truck around too. target was 450whp. The reason i got the BBI's was because i heard great things about long life with them..

I wont be running 3200uS once i figure out whats limiting my system. probably will drop back down to stock duration and then bump it up slowly.

We will see - I will keep the thread updated as i find the issue.

Tuner
    Has anyone Hit the High speed Governor on a manual where you have all the Values set super high?

I have all my governor settings to 4500 but im now seeing a high speed govenor kick in at 3827RPM...

Just wondering. Let me know.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    I believe that you will have to bump those up more. I am not sure if all of them need to be high but on my 05 auto I had to set them higher than 4500. Still figuring out which is which.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK05 View Post
    I believe that you will have to bump those up more. I am not sure if all of them need to be high but on my 05 auto I had to set them higher than 4500. Still figuring out which is which.
    cool. Trying out a new scheme now. 10 minutes from now ill know
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK05 View Post

So im seeing a 700RPM difference.... I was at 4500 in the DFCO cuttoffs. I was experiencing High Speed Governor @ 3800RPM.

I turned it up to 4800 RPM under the DFCO and now im hitting it at 4100.

So im wondering if the scaling is off????

Other thing i noticed was the pedal became much more touchy.. more like smarty 2-3 instead of my nice map i had before... so it has something on the pedal map too but not sure what... I would have had the log but the laptop crashed.... Time to wait for lappy to charge and go back out.

If anyone else is spinning that high and has input please let me know.
    Reving to 4800

What I basically did was max out all of the DFCO limiters and then used the pedal map to control max rpm by setting the last rpm column 100rpm higher than target and setting that column to all zeros. I think it was a tip I read somewhere in the EFI forums, but I haven't fully tested to see if it worked. I had the limit set to 5100 in the pedal map. When I tested it I let out when the tach hit 5k, but my logs only showed a max of 4880 so I never hit my limiter. Haven't tested it again. I would start off by setting the limiter on the pedal map lower than I did to make sure it works.

I also noticed when i raised the Torque Cut M/T limiters that the pedal got a lot more responsive. I just figured it was some glitch because I had an auto, so I put them back to stock since it didn't end up affecting me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Has anyone Hit the High speed Governor on a manual where you have all the Values set super high?

I have all my governor settings to 4500 but im now seeing a high speed govenor kick in at 3827RPM...

Just wondering. Let me know.
    So when you are seeing the high speed governor active in the Master Fuel Correction Reason, is it actually affecting in the tuning or the way the truck runs?
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 03-10-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    What I basically did was max out all of the DFCO limiters and then used the pedal map to control max rpm by setting the last rpm column 100rpm higher than target and setting that column to all zeros. I think it was a tip I read somewhere in the EFI forums, but I haven't fully tested to see if it worked. I had the limit set to 5100 in the pedal map. When I tested it I let out when the tach hit 5k, but my logs only showed a max of 4880 so I never hit my limiter. Haven't tested it again. I would start off by setting the limiter on the pedal map lower than I did to make sure it works.

I also noticed when i raised the Torque Cut M/T limiters that the pedal got a lot more responsive. I just figured it was some glitch because I had an auto, so I put them back to stock since it didn't end up affecting me anyway.

Freaking Awesome Feedback. I was working with a couple other people that was thinking the same thing... But at 10 minutes a flash this saved me hours of reflashing..

And the cutoff in the pedal table was exactly where i was going to go with it too.

So to confim you have a maxed out DFCO except for the following

Torque Cut A - M/T
    Torque Cut B - M/T
    Torque Cut C - M-T
    Torque Cut PID Min - Which is 850...

is that right?

I will reflash and confim. Thanks Kill
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-10-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added in specifics
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    So when you are seeing the high speed governor active in the Master Fuel Correction Reason, is it actually affecting in the tuning or the way the truck runs?
    Basically i was hitting 3800RPM and it wouldn't go any higher.. so if you dont rev it higher then that, your fine. if you want to rev it higher, then you need to use the pedal map to control the RPM and max out or increase some of the limiting tables higher...

Ill do a writeup on it when i do it.
    Reving to 4800