Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Tuner
    Have you tried running a single event tune to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Or just disable pilot over 3000rpm since it really isn't needed up there anyway.

Tuner in Training
    Even with 0 fuel it still shows clipped for the timing.

Tuner
    Yeah right! Well hopefully the extra table and coefficient will arrive soon in an update

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Im not running a pilot event. Attached is the log i have... and Just so i make it clear, i never let off the throttle... you can watch the throttle fall off and cap at 3800.... It hits a limit so hard it broke my egt probe...yay.... so ramping up those values like you had Kill only makes it race past the limit only to be held up 100 rpm higher... but it makes the miss worse... meaning it sees the overshot and trys to compensate even more agressively.. For answers on Fuel rate yes, it pulls TPS until the fuel rate drops to where it is controlling my RPM limit... I think there is another one they missed but they assure me there isnt... So if anyone is making it to 5krpm. my email is [email protected] send the rom my way so i can compare differences... You will see the TPS ramp up because of the tune i have. Then you will see the TPS on the logger say 100% but watch it on the side... any thoughts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaod3g9cb4...lysis.hpl?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/239ualsqshm1erd/log.hpl?dl=0

The second one is better... first one reved too quick. you see it much clearer in teh second one.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-19-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    That's what mine does as well. You notice it never comes close to hitting 100% calculated load. You can see calculated load starts to fall off almost as soon as you go WOT. On my truck using a UDC tune with the same main duration and main timing tables, it will hit 100% load and stay there until I lift.

If you find a solution I would sure like to know what it is.

Thanks,
    Paul

Advanced Tuner
    I presume that you guys, when you say it's "Pulling TPS", you mean that the Engine Load % is dropping? Because I see the Throttle % staying pretty consistent, but I do see that the Engine Load % is all over.

For reference, on my rig, I can hit nearly 100% engine load all the way up to 3200 RPM, where it starts to taper off rather quickly.

I also see in your log that you aren't making much more than 32 psi boost (about 45 psi absolute). You wouldn't happen to be running a boost fooler on the truck, would you?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    I presume that you guys, when you say it's "Pulling TPS", you mean that the Engine Load % is dropping? Because I see the Throttle % staying pretty consistent, but I do see that the Engine Load % is all over.

For reference, on my rig, I can hit nearly 100% engine load all the way up to 3200 RPM, where it starts to taper off rather quickly.

I also see in your log that you aren't making much more than 32 psi boost (about 45 psi absolute). You wouldn't happen to be running a boost fooler on the truck, would you?

No I specifically mean if i had a way to show you physical throttle position. I never let off the throttle during that WOT pull... i held through the issue to show it. Specifically ill point it out here. This area in red i did NOT let off the throttle, it pulled TPS on its own.

ON IT!
    onit.png

Still on it!

still on it.png

The Load i dont really care that much about ... its running the uS im asking so thats all im worried about. But this Rev Limiter that Support says doesnt exsist... does..

I have tested this by setting everythign to 8192 and then 8092 for the lower limits, defuelign at 5000 on the Throttle map... with no luck. it tries... but it slams into that wall....

Anyone that as an 05 manual that is revving 5k.. please ping me.. Or if others are having the same issue lets start a new thread so support will look at it.
    Reving to 4800

Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Im not running a pilot event. Attached is the log i have... and Just so i make it clear, i never let off the throttle... you can watch the throttle fall off and cap at 3800.... It hits a limit so hard it broke my egt probe...yay.... so ramping up those values like you had Kill only makes it race past the limit only to be held up 100 rpm higher... but it makes the miss worse... meaning it sees the overshot and trys to compensate even more agressively.. For answers on Fuel rate yes, it pulls TPS until the fuel rate drops to where it is controlling my RPM limit... I think there is another one they missed but they assure me there isnt... So if anyone is making it to 5krpm. my email is [email protected] send the rom my way so i can compare differences... You will see the TPS ramp up because of the tune i have. Then you will see the TPS on the logger say 100% but watch it on the side... any thoughts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaod3g9cb4...lysis.hpl?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/239ualsqshm1erd/log.hpl?dl=0

The second one is better... first one reved too quick. you see it much clearer in teh second one.
    The main thing I see wrong in your log is that your truck can not maintain rail pressure starting at 3200rpm. At that point it starts to plummet in a hurry.

The load dropping off means absolutely nothing. I'd be more concerned about running 2750us 32.8* SOI and 6000psi lower rail pressure than commanded.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    The main thing I see wrong in your log is that your truck can not maintain rail pressure starting at 3200rpm. At that point it starts to plummet in a hurry.

The load dropping off means absolutely nothing. I'd be more concerned about running 2750us 32.8* SOI and 6000psi lower rail pressure than commanded.

That doesnt help. the computer is doing that. When i dont get close to the limiter the rail pressure stays within 1000psi of target. right when you see the throttle go down, the rail pressure and commanded mm3 drop quick.

If you want ill go out and do a log at 2000uS with the corrected timing and you can watch it do it then too.... not to be crabby its just not the limit...

Edtiting this part.

Check out this picture... the graph and the chart say 0 TPS but luckily SAE still shows you where my throttle is.... and it shows actual RPM... the one on that gauge is wrong...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bamofo; 03-19-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Reving to 4800

That doesnt help. the computer is doing that. When i dont get close to the limiter the rail pressure stays within 1000psi of target. right when you see the throttle go down, the rail pressure and commanded mm3 drop quick.

If you want ill go out and do a log at 2000uS with the corrected timing and you can watch it do it then too.... not to be crabby its just not the limit...
    Untitled (1).png

The ECM is not doing it. The ECM is calling for 2750us & 23010psi all the way to at least 3800rpm. The actual rail pressure not keeping up after 3200rpm is not the ECM's fault.

Tuner
    Untitled (1).png

The ECM is not doing it. The ECM is calling for 2750us & 23010psi all the way to at least 3800rpm. The actual rail pressure not keeping up after 3200rpm is not the ECM's fault.
    noted. Its not running that uS now anyways. i chased the FP issues the next day i had to lower it to 2600 to keep the rail pressure up high. forgot that was an older log.

So whats crazy is since you dont have all the things showing that mine does, it dropped from 200MM3 to 151 which you can see in your picture, in my picture you see the throttle actually at 0 according to the ECM, but SAE shows my throttle at 100% because it still is.

So next question is if the rail pressure stays up top, then what? it still pulls the TPS till it gets to 3600-3800 which is clear from my pictures...

Shouldnt it parked, also rev higher then that? still does it... I appreciate that your looking at it from a tuning perspective but if i hit target all the time and it still sits on that limiter... then isnt it a limiter?
    Reving to 4800

Tuner
    noted. Its not running that uS now anyways. i chased the FP issues the next day i had to lower it to 2600 to keep the rail pressure up high. forgot that was an older log.

So whats crazy is since you dont have all the things showing that mine does, it dropped from 200MM3 to 151 which you can see in your picture, in my picture you see the throttle actually at 0 according to the ECM, but SAE shows my throttle at 100% because it still is.

So next question is if the rail pressure stays up top, then what? it still pulls the TPS till it gets to 3600-3800 which is clear from my pictures...

Shouldnt it parked, also rev higher then that? still does it... I appreciate that your looking at it from a tuning perspective but if i hit target all the time and it still sits on that limiter... then isnt it a limiter?
    I also dont know which one to believe... when i have the Edge on it shows correct Rail pressure, when you log all three, the new one in white look at where the actual says it is vs SAE... and i konw the RPM and Throttle are off... what makes you think this isnt off too.....

SAE fuel pressure.png
    Reving to 4800

The picture I posted is from your log. I had to scroll down to find the rail PSI Pids on the left side.

Here is a screen shot of a log from my truck a few minutes ago.

Untitled (1).png

You have everything in the software to make your truck run 100% to it's potential providing the truck itself is up to the task of doing what you ask it to do.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a screen shot of a log from my truck a few minutes ago.

Untitled (1).png

You have everything in the software to make your truck run 100% to it's potential providing the truck itself is up to the task of doing what you ask it to do.
    Moparmatty, I see that your mm3 is dropping after 3200-3300 RPM while your throttle percent remains at 100. Is that you asking it to drop, or is it like mine, and it just tapers off after 3200'ish RPM?

Bamofo, stop logging SAE parameters. It slows down all the other SCI parameters to the same, slower speed as the SAE parameters. There are SCI equivalents of every SAE PID that you can log that will log at a much, MUCH faster rate. But the minute you add one, single SAE channel to your scanner, you automatically slow down all the SCI channels to the same slower speed of the SAE channels.

Also, the charts layout (graph on the right) and the channel layout (text/numerical values on left) never sync up 100%, and it seems like the channels layout doesn't update at near the rate that the charts layout does. This is not only the case on Cummins scanning, but also all the Neon SRT-4s I've tuned, I see the same thing. There's a lot of latency in the update/refresh rate of the channels table. So I always just look at one or the other and try not to obsess about why the 2 hardly ever match up.

When you're looking at the 2, and seeing that one is showing the throttle at 0 and the other at 100, take note of the other parameters that you are logging, such as Engine Speed. You'll see what I mean, they are not in the same time sequence of the log.

Moparmatty, I see that your mm3 is dropping after 3200-3300 RPM while your throttle percent remains at 100. Is that you asking it to drop, or is it like mine, and it just tapers off after 3200'ish RPM?

Bamofo, stop logging SAE parameters. It slows down all the other SCI parameters to the same, slower speed as the SAE parameters. There are SCI equivalents of every SAE PID that you can log that will log at a much, MUCH faster rate. But the minute you add one, single SAE channel to your scanner, you automatically slow down all the SCI channels to the same slower speed of the SAE channels.

Also, the charts layout (graph on the right) and the channel layout (text/numerical values on left) never sync up 100%, and it seems like the channels layout doesn't update at near the rate that the charts layout does. This is not only the case on Cummins scanning, but also all the Neon SRT-4s I've tuned, I see the same thing. There's a lot of latency in the update/refresh rate of the channels table. So I always just look at one or the other and try not to obsess about why the 2 hardly ever match up.

When you're looking at the 2, and seeing that one is showing the throttle at 0 and the other at 100, take note of the other parameters that you are logging, such as Engine Speed. You'll see what I mean, they are not in the same time sequence of the log.
    That's me asking it to at 3400rpm. If the truck what capable of repeated higher rpm runs, I could maintain mm3 higher with no issue.

If you were able to actually compare the graph vs. the PID list in my log. You'd see the mm3 doesn't actually start to taper off until the desired 3400rpm not the 3300rpm the graph shows.

I find the numbers in the PID list are the ones to watch. On the graph you have some interpolation at work no matter what.

Tuner
    I have seen the truck sit on 5000rpm.when they had the torque control mapped incorrectly. And the motor is balanced and built to Rev to 5000..and 2600 or 2500 or 2300us on bbi's is more then enough fuel to get me there in any gear. The problem is hitting a rpm wall. You have an 04.5 correct? If you turn yours up over 4500 rpm or hit 4300 rpm in a log then I'll believe it's not capable... The motor is happy... It's something holding it back in the rom. If you want to email your rom and logs where you are revving over 3800 then that's fine... Otherwise if someone else with an 05 is going to over 4000 rpm, again please pm me.

Advanced Tuner
    That's me asking it to at 3400rpm. If the truck what capable of repeated higher rpm runs, I could maintain mm3 higher with no issue.

If you were able to actually compare the graph vs. the PID list in my log. You'd see the mm3 doesn't actually start to taper off until the desired 3400rpm not the 3300rpm the graph shows.

I find the numbers in the PID list are the ones to watch. On the graph you have some interpolation at work no matter what.
    One of the Beta testers for HP Tuners was using my truck as his '05 guinea pig back in the last quarter of 2015. Throughout the trials, he said that the '05 trucks were giving HP Tuners the most grief with RPM Limiters. Still to this day, we have never been able to maintain mm3 past mid-3000 RPMs, as it starts to taper off, and then the truck hits a hard limiter of some sort around 4600 RPM.

He mentioned giving it one more shot with all the latest revisions HP Tuners has made to the software just last week, but I haven't received a new calibration from him to try out, yet.

Tuner
    One of the Beta testers for HP Tuners was using my truck as his '05 guinea pig back in the last quarter of 2015. Throughout the trials, he said that the '05 trucks were giving HP Tuners the most grief with RPM Limiters. Still to this day, we have never been able to maintain mm3 past mid-3000 RPMs, as it starts to taper off, and then the truck hits a hard limiter of some sort around 4600 RPM.

He mentioned giving it one more shot with all the latest revisions HP Tuners has made to the software just last week, but I haven't received a new calibration from him to try out, yet.
    Any chance you can send me how you got it to 4500... It's so frustrating when my buddy with an 03 goes to 4800 like it's going out of style.. But whatever...