Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Master Fuel Correction Reasons (Multiple)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Your welcome to send me those files and associated logs and I'll look when I have some time

Hi 2007. Just wondering if you had time to look at it. its been 3 weeks. People are wondering why the 05 isnt revving like the other years. If you have insight for the manual G56 setup please let us know.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Advanced Tuner
    Did you email him or pm him? He requested you email him.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by superwagon View Post
    Did you email him or pm him? He requested you email him.
    Not sure if that makes a difference since he is on the forums all the time and i see him answering other threads. But i just emailed him too. I think its something limiting the 05. We will see.
    Reving to 4800

Advanced Tuner
    He is a busy guy and he seems to prefer email. If that is easier for him and he is willing to help then so be it. Looking forward to hearing his suggestions.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm pretty interested in hearing results to this, as well.

Considering that my truck was one of the guinea pigs for the Beta testing during the last quarter of 2015 in the hands of a very competent Diesel tuner, and the fact that he shared information with me in regards to the progress HP Tuners was making in knocking down the RPM limiters, I find it interesting that Les mentioned he has had no issues with revving an 05 out to 5K RPM when the tuner/beta tester who had my truck mentioned HP Tuners was, and still is, trying to figure out what was/is limiting the 2005 trucks from revving out.

My truck hits a hard limiter around 4200 RPM, starts shuddering like crazy. Almost feels like it's popping in and out of gear at a high frequency when it does it (auto trans).
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 04-20-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    I'm pretty interested in hearing results to this, as well.

Considering that my truck was one of the guinea pigs for the Beta testing during the last quarter of 2015 in the hands of a very competent Diesel tuner, and the fact that he shared information with me in regards to the progress HP Tuners was making in knocking down the RPM limiters, I find it interesting that Les mentioned he has had no issues with revving an 05 out to 5K RPM when the tuner/beta tester who had my truck mentioned HP Tuners was, and still is, trying to figure out what was/is limiting the 2005 trucks from revving out.

My truck hits a hard limiter around 4200 RPM, starts shuddering like crazy. Almost feels like it's popping in and out of gear at a high frequency when it does it (auto trans).
    There has to be logic in the computer for cam/crank sensor error detection, like a maximum frequency value, as well as a maximum frequency delta per time, as least on early 04 trucks and 03 trucks. They will pop like you are hitting a rev limiter if the truck breaks loose in the rain in low gears and a "snap rev" occurs. And its not necessarily at a certain RPM. I wonder if the limitation is something like that? I know on fords there's a value called minimum PIP per rev, that causes this exact issue.

Your truck might just be floating the valves :-)
    Last edited by Turbo_Mike; 04-20-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Advanced Tuner
    Kind of doubt that with 110# springs installed.

You can see the commanded fuel just drop like a rock in the logs at that RPM, as well. All available fuel limiters are well above where it drops off, so I know that torque/boost/air density/baro/low fuel press. limits are not what is holding this thing back.

If such cam/crank error detection parameters exist, they aren't currently defined in the calibration. Unless I've missed them. I'll double check, but I don't believe they're there.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 04-20-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Any of you modify ECM 7439?

If so, return to stock and report back your findings.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Kind of doubt that with 110# springs installed.

You can see the commanded fuel just drop like a rock in the logs at that RPM, as well. All available fuel limiters are well above where it drops off, so I know that torque/boost/air density/baro/low fuel press. limits are not what is holding this thing back.

If such cam/crank error detection parameters exist, they aren't currently defined in the calibration. Unless I've missed them. I'll double check, but I don't believe they're there.
    Had to make sure you at least had springs lol. I can hit 5k no problem on my early 04 with 110# springs at 50 psi boost so its certainly not mechanical. And no, there are no values defined for cam/crank error detection.

Is what you are missing in the new update!?
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner
    new VCM suite has Additional Governors now, and explanations for each one. Finally!!! revs to 4500 no problem. I did change back what les mentioned too. I will change it back to what i had it before and see if it has the issue still.
    Reving to 4800

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    new VCM suite has Additional Governors now, and explanations for each one. Finally!!! revs to 4500 no problem. I did change back what les mentioned too. I will change it back to what i had it before and see if it has the issue still.
    I attempted leaving the table Les mentioned modified with the new High Speed Governor settings altered for higher RPM, and still ran into the injector cutout at 4200 RPM.

Reverted table 7439 back to stock, and it revved to 5k with zero issues. Weird that the table doesn't function properly...

Thanks for the hint, Les! Much appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    How did you have table 7439 modified?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by superwagon View Post
    How did you have table 7439 modified?
    Firstly, I revised and extended the RPM range (from the stock range of 4000 to 5100 RPM), then made all the corresponding EOI Injector Cut Values 42*.

Advanced Tuner
    That seems odd that raising EOI to 42* would cause your problem? Hey, Les would you be willing to help us understand how increasing EOI to 42* would cause these problems? I am having a tough time understanding how extending this out to 42* at higher RPM would cause this? I have been doing a lot of research on the EOI and could see a lower number be a issue with higher duration but not a higher number? I have been using 42* in this table equivalent with efilive on the 06-07 trucks.

I have no idea why with HPT the modification of this table to 42* does what we are seeing.

I agree that ALL of my 5.9 Efi live tunes are set to 42* with no ill effect.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for sharing your findings!

Potential Tuner
    I know this thread is old but I'm getting a unknown 00:3e? Anybody know?

Tuner in Training
    I keep gettin a "idle low speed gov" anybody have an idea on how to get rid of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by spooled05 View Post
    I keep gettin a "idle low speed gov" anybody have an idea on how to get rid of it ?
    I use the gas pedal to get rid of that one lol
    are you saying you are getting that message at a non idle condition?
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Yea , till around 1300 rpm