Thread: Cummins Tuning Gotcha's

Tuner

Cummins Tuning Gotcha's

Opening another thread to follow Gotcha's that we are finding when mapping and remapping different parts of the ROMs. As we know there are many other tables in the rom that are still unavailable, so as HP Tuners starts to map these out and grant us access to them I find that there will be some Gotcha's that we should note out. I will try to keep these up to date if people put in suggestions.

#1 - Main SOI Timing, Base Table & Main SOI Blend Factor Tables - Share RPM Scaling with Estimated Airflow Base Table & Est. Airflow Blend Factors 1 to 1.
    What this means if if you rescale your RPM on the Main Timing or even in reverse you change the airflow RPM scaling, it references the same values for both maps and will automatically update the opposing map. Why this is important is if you re-scaled your RPM map for timing, but wanted to do something different in the airflow, you dont want to change the RPM scaling in that table...

#2 - Min/Max SOI for Main on 04.5+ Not only is there a timing table but the SOI MAX/MIN also is taken into effect if your running enough Fuel and RPM. I missed it. Im sure others will too.

#3 - Calculating Limits based on MM3 - Final Fueling MM3 is Pilot and Main and Post if you run any/all of these. So if you have a 140mm3 Target for your throttle. You may see a total fueling of 155mm3 for example. Make sure you keep that in mind when setting up your Air density limits, or any of your PF things if your looking to bypass it without turning it off completely.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 02-16-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Im pretty sure all the "MAPS" you need to make HP are already included in the software....what "Other" maps do you think are missing?

And being that these engines dont use a MAF sensor...estimated airflow tables are useless....the engine has no way to calculate airflow without a airflow measuring device aka MAF.

My 1000hp 07 has stock airflow tables...FWIW
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Im pretty sure all the "MAPS" you need to make HP are already included in the software....what "Other" maps do you think are missing?

And being that these engines dont use a MAF sensor...estimated airflow tables are useless....the engine has no way to calculate airflow without a airflow measuring device aka MAF.

My 1000hp 07 has stock airflow tables...FWIW
    Awesome!

Just stating if your playing around with tables, they reference the same RPM. When i talked to support they said to post it up so i did.