Thread: Newbie Intro and Questions

Potential Tuner

Newbie Intro and Questions

Hey Guys,
    Long time Mopar Guy based in Australia, have been working with old school Mopars for a number of years. I have a FB page called Australian Chrysler Restos if anyone is interested to take a look. Have been dabbling in the late models over the last couple of years ( I own a cammed 06 300c ) and have been very impressed by how they respond to modification, which brings me to the current project I am completing for a customer. The vehicle is a 2012 5.7 Challenger fitted with a Magnuson Supercharger that Im having problems with at the moment. The NAG 1 is basically stock other than a SHR valvebody ( No Blue Tips ) a Tranzformer and an Arrington supplied MTCM. Firstly what its doing is- in autostick it hits limiter at 5800 ( I have spoken with Arringtons and they tell me they need to up the limiter ) , now I dont have paddle controls ( does with STD TCM but that shifts at 5500 in autostick ) and seems to upshift very early with a firm but delayed shift as if a clutches dont release quickly enough, feels like it pulls the engine down on part throttle shifts if that makes any sense ? Anyway after speaking to SHR they reccomended that if I want to change parameters in the trans and make it work properly that I purchase HP Tuner software. So guys I just want to ask before I make the purchase what parameters I can adjust to get this trans dialled in for my customer. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post- Garry
    Last edited by Promopar1; 01-15-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Bump- anyone ? Please chime in, your thoughts are appreciated !

Yes, HPT can do everything you need, including the rev limiter. I would probably get rid of the Tranzformer unless you really must have it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply caeser- any bad experiences with the Tranzformer ? is there something better out there ?

Cheers,
    Garry

Advanced Tuner
    HPT will do what you are looking for but keep in mind that there is a learning curve. WOT shift adjustment is relatively easy to learn but the clutch apply/release and other shift parameters are more complex.

Senior Tuner
    I would suggest, in the short term, contacting Eddie at Southern Hotrods and see if he'll sell you a calibration, since you have one of his transmissions. Then, you can learn the software from there.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    SHR is using HPT to develop transmission calibrations so they should be able to sell you a calibration and, with your cable, you can load it in.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys, I actually purchased the HP Software last night, Ive had a look at some of the tables and I can see some Terminology that Im not familiar with but I can see that its going to do what I need. I was in touch with Eddy from SHR about the 3-4 flare up problem and found him to be very helpful indeed. Crash course 101 in NAG rebuilding coming up for me lol. Appreciate all you guys chiming in !

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, been playing with the HP Tuners software on my modded 5.7 06 300c. When I select the trans tab I can see all the adjustments. When I do the same with my customers 2012 Challenger all that comes up Is General
    Manual Trans-Disable
    A580 Equipped-Enable
    4 Speed Trans-Disable

I read the VCM using beta Editor. Im sure Im doing something wrong, could someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks Garry

Senior Tuner
    If you haven't updated your beta version in a while, try that first and re-read. Otherwise, contact support.

Senior Tuner
    Not to side track but what did SHR recommend for the 3-4 flare up?

Potential Tuner
    Guys, I have had a play with the Trans now with the HP Tuners software, small adjustments to part throttle values makes it much nicer to drive. Now I have a problem raising shift point values. I set the Values for TCM RPM limit to 6200 and the values in WOT upshift to 6200 and the car still continues to shift at 5500 in autostick. Car is a 2012 Challenger and the Trinity does not have a Parameter for shift points either. 06300CSRT8 Eddy recommended new clutches and machining the drum for 1 extra clutch in gear 4