Thread: Are people updating the pulley size in the calibration when changing pulleys?

Tuner in Training

Are people updating the pulley size in the calibration when changing pulleys?

I see a lot of offers for tuners selling pulley changes on the LT4, and I'm just curious if when changing the upper pulley size, do you change the constant in the tune? It defaults to a 2.990 ratio.

Anyone know what the tune uses the pulley size for? I don't see a blower displacement constant so why it cares about the drive ratio I'm at a bit of a loss to explain.

Tuning Addict
    I do... I always figured it used it for transients and boost figures during torque calculations?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by davepl View Post
    I see a lot of offers for tuners selling pulley changes on the LT4, and I'm just curious if when changing the upper pulley size, do you change the constant in the tune? It defaults to a 2.990 ratio.

Anyone know what the tune uses the pulley size for? I don't see a blower displacement constant so why it cares about the drive ratio I'm at a bit of a loss to explain.
    Better question is what is it in reference too, the stock upper is a 2.5 and lower is a 8.0 so it should be 3.2 not 2.990. I adjust it as a percentage of increase.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Senior Tuner
    I would be interested in knowing what it references too. The 3.2 is correct for the actual ratio.

Description says Compressor Speed to Engine Speed even though the name of the field is Pulley Ratio.

GM rated the max blower speed on the LT4 at 20,150 which would be 6,740 at the engine.

Not too surprising the stock Rev Limiter is 6600-6700 RPMs....