Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chrysler SKIM Thread 2.0

Advanced Tuner
    I can delete SKIM on the older PCMs now. Unfortunately, it wasn't HP tuners that made it possible. And it cost me about 2 grand to make it possible :-(

I should be able to delete SKIM on all those older 3-connector Dodge PCMs, probably from the 96-04ish era.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pontisteve View Post
    I can delete SKIM on the older PCMs now. Unfortunately, it wasn't HP tuners that made it possible. And it cost me about 2 grand to make it possible :-(

I should be able to delete SKIM on all those older 3-connector Dodge PCMs, probably from the 96-04ish era.
    Buy a DRBIII? I've been thinking of doing so myself..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by taco_nights View Post
    Buy a DRBIII? I've been thinking of doing so myself..
    No, but that would probably work too.

Potential Tuner
    Please explain how you would use the DRB 3 to disable SKIM. I only find the options in my DRB to enable SKIM, AFAIK there is no way to disable once enabled through factory chrysler tools.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luke4010 View Post
    Please explain how you would use the DRB 3 to disable SKIM. I only find the options in my DRB to enable SKIM, AFAIK there is no way to disable once enabled through factory chrysler tools.
    Does DRB have the ability to reset SKIM? And to change VIN?

Potential Tuner
    There is a "reset skim" procedure but it does not wipe the VIN, i.e. no noticeable effects. The DRB can program VIN into a SKIM or PCM module but only new ones, once a VIN is programmed you can view it but not change it. I've never been able to enter the VIN via DRB anyway because normally you use the "PCM Replaced" or "SKIM Replaced" functions and it copies the VIN from either the PCM or SKIM, whichever was not replaced. I used my HP Tuners software today on a 99 XJ to disable SKIM in the PCM and it worked. But I unplugged the SKIM module before I flashed the PCM with the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe it's necessary to reset SKIM and reset the VIN, then unplug the SKIM module before powering up the PCM. I'm surprised to hear that HPT worked on the 99 XJ. I was under the impression that HPT never worked.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pontisteve View Post
    I believe it's necessary to reset SKIM and reset the VIN, then unplug the SKIM module before powering up the PCM. I'm surprised to hear that HPT worked on the 99 XJ. I was under the impression that HPT never worked.

So did you write entire or just tune?
    THanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We do not offer skim disable on ANY dodge other than 08+ viper ecm's.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jhertel View Post
    So did you write entire or just tune?
    THanks
    I did not use HP Tuners.