Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chrysler SKIM Thread 2.0

Banned
    Until HPT announces otherwise? yep

Tuner
    If anyone needs the skim removed, I can do it on just about any one, pm me or send me an email, [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Anyone see the diyhemi christmas video? Looks like hp tuners supports this now

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Yes, I watched the video. Looks like there are still a lot of loopholes in claiming it "works".
    This is Blake from DIYHEMI. This is my old HP tuners account.
    Yes it works for us and we tune many ecms a week.
    Lead Design and Implementation Engineer - Tactical Speed Solutions

send emails

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota with black non security key, and manual transmition, and Can network.
    The orginal PCM Part no was 0594895ab with software 05094054AI. The replacement part was taken from Jeep Grand Cherooke. That Jeep was equipt with Skim and automatic transmision. The ecu was flashed to proper software 05094054AI and the vin was modified. Unfurtunatly the car dies after 2 sec. Anyone can help how to approach that problem. I do have Hptunners,
    It looks like it is NGC3 Can Pcm.
    I am not from USA , and there no expertts in that subject in country.

it don't always work spent the credits for it to start and stall. but on a plus note I was able to disable skim on 2 07 ecms.
    Last edited by Backwoodsracingllc@gmail.; 07-25-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Potential Tuner
    You are all welcome to flash your pcms all you like. If that's what works for you, by all means do it.

If you want to retain your remotes working though, you need to use your skim. Of you want that light to go away, you need to use your skim.

I can fix broken skims or clone the data into another skim. I'm not here to replace anyone is step on anyone's toes. I can be reached via email at [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem with skim as a dodge durango 2000 4.7, I managed to solve it as follows. Step 1: remove skim and vats with hp tuners. (When doing this, it only turns on for 3 seconds). Step 2: connect the alarm module to ground and power and to the pair of communication cables with pcm and finally just turn off the alarm and my swap turned on without problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28art View Post
    I had the same problem with skim as a dodge durango 2000 4.7, I managed to solve it as follows. Step 1: remove skim and vats with hp tuners. (When doing this, it only turns on for 3 seconds). Step 2: connect the alarm module to ground and power and to the pair of communication cables with pcm and finally just turn off the alarm and my swap turned on without problems
    So, ultimately, it sounds like it is best done by disabling SKIM and VATS in the donor vehicle first before swapping?

Potential Tuner
    hi i have 2002 jeep grand cherokee bad SKIM module, i am either will try clone it or buy remanfacture SKIM with 2 keys on ebay, but i want to know also how i can get the file's so i can reflash the pcm so i can make remove SKIM delete can u able pm or let me know here thanks

thanks read my post able order brand new SKIM module from dealership & 2 new keys thanks u,
    Last edited by hptunerusa1974; 01-16-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake @ TSS View Post
    This is Blake from DIYHEMI. This is my old HP tuners account.
    Yes it works for us and we tune many ecms a week.
    Does your method only work on the hemi ecu, or on all NGC and newer stuff? I've heard it doesn't work on SRT4 computers still, and I'd guess if that's true then probably same story for Jtec stuff.