Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler SKIM Thread 2.0

I started this thread a long time ago. HP tuners does not see the value in SKIM removal as we do. I have been able to deactivate vats on Gm engine swaps for years, but no dice on the Chrysler side. I begged and begged for years so I gave up the ghost and went to other venues instead of spending client money with hP tuners.

Tuner in Training
    what ta do?
    I have a customer with an 03 ram big cam can't tune throughout
    so he installed an 05 ECU, I read vehicle
    license vehicle and then wrote entire with both skim disabled
    vehicle cranks over but no injector ground pulse
    after further discussion
    customer shorted pin 38 to ground to enable starter relay
    which leads me to believe that Skim is not letting it crank
    what should we dso now?

Tuner in Training
    What excact model/ year could hptuners remove the skim?
    3 plug pcm doable?
    4plug pcm not?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ocerrr View Post
    What excact model/ year could hptuners remove the skim?
    3 plug pcm doable?
    4plug pcm not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    skim cannot be disabled on ANY dodge applications other than viper.
    There's your answer.

Advanced Tuner
    Has anything changed? Can HP Tuners delete SKIM on anything?

Banned
    Nothing has changed

Potential Tuner
    That sucks there is still no way around it. I have a 2012 ram i'm trying to fire up on a stand. I cant believe that there's no way around it, or even an option to reset skim.

Banned
    There?s plenty of ecm shops that you can send the ecm out to to have it done.

Potential Tuner
    I ended up sending it to http://www.bgperformance.com/ to take it off for $130. It only took a little more than a week to get it back. In VCM scanner before i sent it off it said "SKIM Learned". In VCM Editor SKIM was set to disabled, but SKIM Capable was set to enabled. After getting it back VCM Scanner says "SKIM Unknown", and in VCM Editor both SKIM and SKIM Capable are set to disabled. Now I Just have to figure out why my hemi wont start on the stand.

*Edit: In VCM Scanner "SKIM Status" still says "SKIM Learned"
    Last edited by inamjrx; 12-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Potential Tuner

Skim

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    There isn't much to share at the moment. We need beta testers that can give feedback with what works and what doesn't so I sent him a PM.
    I would be intrested in beta testing of SKIM reset/delete.

get the key skim box off the column from the car with the matching PCM i got a column, key and PCM from the junk yard for $150 taped the key to the skim box and plugged it in along with the matching PCM and it worked fine

i have a 6.1 gen 3 out of an 07 300c SRT in an Aussie valiant charger and have successfully disabled SKIM, it starts and runs with the SKIM module disconnected
    2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote 289 Rwkw
    2013 Holden SSV Redline 6.0 LS2 Ute 340 Rwkw
    1987 HR31 GTS-R Skyline 430 Rwkw
    1973 VH Charger 6.1 Hemi in the making

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wogboy View Post
    i have a 6.1 gen 3 out of an 07 300c SRT in an Aussie valiant charger and have successfully disabled SKIM, it starts and runs with the SKIM module disconnected
    How did you do it?

just using hp editor, under the system tab, in general is SKIM able and disable, click on disable in both boxes, make sure if you have a SKIM module it's unplugged, the flash the ECM, done
    2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote 289 Rwkw
    2013 Holden SSV Redline 6.0 LS2 Ute 340 Rwkw
    1987 HR31 GTS-R Skyline 430 Rwkw
    1973 VH Charger 6.1 Hemi in the making

Tuner in Training
    Is anyone else able to confirm a successful skim removal? I'm reluctant to burn up credits trying.

Not sure I even understand the point of disabling skim. So you can use unprogramed keys/fobs? PCM swap without Vin writing?

In the newer years where BCM and RFHubs are used this is next to impossible as the skim is used in many modules. The older years I could see it where the skim and win modules are used. But still don?t get the point of it.

You want to get past skim... buy a OBDX+ and AlfaOBD and goto your dealer with your insurance papers and ask the parts/service dept. for your skim code. You can program and initialize most modules that require skim codes.
    Last edited by iCanuck; 04-29-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by iCanuck View Post
    Not sure I even understand the point of disabling skim. So you can use unprogramed keys/fobs? PCM swap without Vin writing?

In the newer years where BCM and RFHubs are used this is next to impossible as the skim is used in many modules. The older years I could see it where the skim and win modules are used. But still don?t get the point of it.

You want to get past skim... buy a OBDX+ and AlfaOBD and goto your dealer with your insurance papers and ask the parts/service dept. for your skim code. You can program and initialize most modules that require skim codes.
    That's interesting. Guess I'll be calling my buddy at the dealer later today to ask about my skim code and my fob PIN.

Can you use AlphaOBD on a 2015+ to change a VIN or satisfy SKIM when using a PCM (or any other module) from a salvage yard for repair?

I believe most people want to eliminate SKIM to simplify the wiring harness and modules needed when retrofitting an older vehicle with current drive train and a factory PCM/TCM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for the possible wrong placement of post please just hear me out.
    Hi, the name is Boz. I have a 2005 300c SRT8 car number 44. The gauges and winshield wiper harness caught fire on Christmas Eve with my wife and I in the car. Under the hood is fine and still original including wire harnesses. I have changed the complete dash and all modules on the interior. I?ve connected my old ass Diablo tuner to it and connected with my ecm and successfully restored my original back up. Now when the lock smith tries to reprogram a wireless control module, or SKIM, or whatever it is, he can?t connect to my pcm/ecm to change the vin in the module. He took the module saying he?s going to manually insert my vin in the module at his shop and that I must have a connection error somewhere. Well the car started and ran for a couple seconds three times. So it has to have some type of ability to run. Any help y?all can give me would be greatly appreciated. I?ve never done something this in-depth but I?m pretty far along to the point that when my Braum seats come in, in a couple weeks I should be ready for inspection to get her road legal again. My only dilema (so far) is this bullshit anti theft and SKIM crap. I?m no rocket scientist just a guy trying to bring this thing back to life. There?s a lot of sentimental value attached even tho I haven?t owned it long. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I?m am sorry for the long post but this is the first thread I?ve come across where it seems like I could get some help. Thank y?all.
    Last edited by B0Z; 04-30-2020 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Grammer

Potential Tuner
    Also if it?s easier you can email me at [email protected]. Again, thank y?all for the time.

Potential Tuner
    Hi do you still have that file? Do it will work for grand cherokee 2000 4.7 v8? I broke the skim module...