Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler SKIM Thread 2.0

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    same here, Moparking has no shipping address except PO BOX to which i can't send from Europe. Is there anyone that can help me ?

best regards
    You might try B&G Chrysler.

http://www.bgperformance.com/

Tuner
    thanks a milion, i'll contact them right away

best regards

Tuner
    got the PCM back from B&G Chrysler, still no luck no spark at all, injectors are firing, any other ideas ?

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    Are you certain your issue is SKIM related? Usually SKIM system will allow the vehicle to start and run for a short period of time (something like 3 seconds) , then shut off. However, after a certain number of attempts at starting with SKIM shutting things down, it will not allow startup at all.

Tuner
    well PCM is not giving any SKIM related codes, also no codes for coils, what other thing can cause this if injectors are firing

best regards

Tuner
    Bump. So i got back PCM from B&G Chrysler with SKIM removed as they say and SKIM is disarmed a- my Autel scanner states that. But still no spark or injector firing. Did some research and found that without BCM and RFH (Radio frequency hub) PCM won't control starter relay because he does not know that engine is actually crancked and hot wiring relay is not the way. I'm working on my own solution with Andriuno CAN Sniffing and Broadcasting system. Will sniff another car with all modules in and then emulate signals with that Andruino. It will take some time to find propper ID's and frames with matching VIN and signals bits, but after that i can start any GPEC2 PCM's. Will let You guys know when i will finnish that, hope it will happen within a month. Cost of that solution is quite cheap as all parts are at around 200$ vs. Chrysler standalone PCM with harness etc. at 1700$ or going with 2009 stick RAM harness and PCM.

best regard

Potential Tuner
    has anyone successfully remove skim ? i have a 2006 srt8 with a 2012 6.4 liter . NGC4. if anyone can help please pm .

thanks

Tuner
    well i did not manage to remove SKIM as is, but found a walkaround that works for me. I bought MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM p/n P5160105 form Jegs, only supplier to sell this PCM seperatlly from MOPAR PERFORMANCE kit ( https://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Perform...60105/10002/-1 ), repined around 15 pins + removed 4 not needed (one connector only) and it works without any of that BCM, RFA and other crap stuff, starter relay needs to be just hot wired. This PCM is a exact part form MOPAR kit 77072455AB, my application is 2011 Charger engine. This MOPAR PERFORMANCE manual ( https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/m...=9012411170846 ) says it won't work in 2012 and older engine, well it did after repin + modifing connector to slide without forceing it. Only "downside" is that MDS won't work as is not supported by this PCM if anybody need it, and no post catalic O2 i believe. I don't need any of these.

best regards

Tuner
    update, this PCM requiers newer type of throttle body form 2014+ hemis, also PCM is factory unlocked so no need to send it for unlock service. just licience it and ready to go.

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    so in short, you need the pcm with P5160105 & a 2014+ hemis TB ?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    I would LOVE to help with testing SKIM removal.... We are perfect test subjects... installing Hellcats into Rams and doing Jeep swaps etc. Busy with Jeep JK and Hellcat swap with 8 speed auto and desperately need skim remover from GPEC2A

Advanced Tuner
    good luck....
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    So I'm guessing we still can't delete skim on dodges? I need to delete a 2005 300c......

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    so in short, you need the pcm with P5160105 & a 2014+ hemis TB ?
    yes, plus a bit of repinning wiring but is the easy one! 2014+ TB has different connector too. Or swap whole harness with all modules, dash, ignition lock cylinder, shifter etc. etc. form a donor.

best regards

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bcperformance View Post
    So I'm guessing we still can't delete skim on dodges? I need to delete a 2005 300c......
    seems so. Syked Ecu Tuning told me he is able to remove it but never tested him, i'm international so i preffered to get factory unlcoked PCM with no SKIM

best regards.

Advanced Tuner
    seems so. Syked Ecu Tuning told me he is able to remove it but never tested him, i'm international so i preffered to get factory unlcoked PCM with no SKIM

best regards.
    How does this work? Example: if i want to do a custom swap with jeep jk engine/trans, if i order a new pcm it will not have SKIM?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    How does this work? Example: if i want to do a custom swap with jeep jk engine/trans, if i order a new pcm it will not have SKIM?
    yes, with this PCM all You need is:
    - stock harness repin
    - fuse/relay block
    - front o2
    - accelerator pedal
    - 2014+ TB + connector
    Starter relay can be hotwired or PCM controled.
    Some say that You need to replace ringtone on crankshaft and crankshaft position sensor. My runs ok on old ones.

as for trans (i run NAG1) i use PCS controller, You can run stock TCM if You have one. only issue is that You need to add vehicle speed sensor as NAG1 does not have one in it. 545RFE not quite sure about VSS.

best regards
    Last edited by wasyl; 09-26-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    yes...(snipped)
    Yes, correct, however please note that if you forget to unplug/remove the old SKIM module, or if you accidentally plug one in, the PCM will detect it and activate SKIM. Once that happens you are back to square one and dealing with skim again. So make sure you remove the module and make sure you never connect one again. Removing the module and cutting the connector off the wires and securing them will keep you safe from some unknowing mechanic noticing unplugged wires and doing you a 'favour' by plugging it in again.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Yes, correct, however please note that if you forget to unplug/remove the old SKIM module, or if you accidentally plug one in, the PCM will detect it and activate SKIM. Once that happens you are back to square one and dealing with skim again. So make sure you remove the module and make sure you never connect one again. Removing the module and cutting the connector off the wires and securing them will keep you safe from some unknowing mechanic noticing unplugged wires and doing you a 'favour' by plugging it in again.
    good to know

best regards

Tuner
    Bringing this one back, because i?m Hoping someone has something for me.

I?ve got a 2016 Challenger R/T engine in a ?70 Cuda, but it won?t fire its own injectors. I flipped the switches for SKIM disable in the tune. Anything else I ought to turn on or off to get it fire off?

?I also removed the smog equipment in the tune (egr and air pump disable) and removed the codes for smog equipment.?