Thread: Loading multiple HPT files using SCT hand held

Tuner in Training

Loading multiple HPT files using SCT hand held

Hey guys just like the title says... I know this is possible I just need a little more information on HOW to do it.

We want to continue using HPT to perform the actual tuning but have some customers needing multiple tunes and the ability to load them without coming in to our shop.

We are both HPT/SCT/EFI Live capable and own all 3 programs so that wont be an issue I just need to know a little more about converting the files.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicly post the info.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tirefryin_s10 View Post
    Hey guys just like the title says... I know this is possible I just need a little more information on HOW to do it.

We want to continue using HPT to perform the actual tuning but have some customers needing multiple tunes and the ability to load them without coming in to our shop.

We are both HPT/SCT/EFI Live capable and own all 3 programs so that wont be an issue I just need to know a little more about converting the files.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicly post the info.

Thanks!
    Sorry, not possible.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Sorry, not possible.
    I know of a few tuners doing this so I know it is possible I am just not sure how they are doing it and how they are converting the file from HPT to SCT . I have had more then one car in our shop done this way and the customer had the car tuned with 3 different custom tunes via HPT and then his tuner was able to set It up so he can use the sct to load those various tunes.

I have an SCT programmer too and I believe it will hold a few custom tunes. If you create some custom tunes with HPT you might be able to upload them to the ECM then download them into the SCT and save them for later use. Have you tried that?

Just saying, if your customer has a laptop they'll be better off if you just hook them up with HPT.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    I have an SCT programmer too and I believe it will hold a few custom tunes. If you create some custom tunes with HPT you might be able to upload them to the ECM then download them into the SCT and save them for later use. Have you tried that?

Just saying, if your customer has a laptop they'll be better off if you just hook them up with HPT.
    I agree, as long as you are a not using a HPT custom OS and the computer isn't locked you should be able to do you tuning with HP, then read the tune with SCT and upload it to the handheld. I'm not familiar with how SCT licensing works so you may have to pay to put it on the SCT as well.

Ultimately it would be better to just hook the customer up with HPT.

Tuner in Training
    The only way I have found to upload them to the device is as a "Stock" file which doesn't allow to load multiples etc