Thread: G8 GT 6l80E NEED HELP 2-3 SHIFT

Tuner in Training

G8 GT 6l80E NEED HELP 2-3 SHIFT

I have looked and read till Im cross-eyed on this problem. It seems to have an odd 2-3 shift where its got a flare or some type of time adder that delays the shift. I have done changes to shift times, adders, pressures and nothing seems to help. i have attached my tune if anyone can look at file it would be greatly appreciated. Just a little lost at this point on would like another set of eyes on it james G8 1-19-16(2).hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I have to same deal with mine 6l80e I think it's more of a hard ware problem and not the tune, apparently the early 6l80e had a problem with pressure bleeding off and GM have had a recall and replaced some part, I read this on the net some wear after weeks of searching. what year is yours I think the fix was in late 09.

Tuner in Training
    Mine is an 08. But i can take my tune back to stock parameters and it SEEMS to remedy the problem with the delay but the hits are not as hard, which is what i am going after.

Tuner in Training
    i just did a compare with another file and it seems that the "Max Line Pressure" is off, its like in the 29 psi range and all others seem to be in 130 to 175 psi range on the other tunes i looked at. Not sure how it got that far off, does anyone think that could be the problem?

torque based transmission headaches....
    Go to your Torque Management Table on the Engine Tab.
    Under Torque coefficients.
    Airmass Based
    Open the Airmass A, B, C and D
    Highlight the whole table and multiply it by 1.15
    Make sure all 4 tables are the same

Flash file with a different name and try it
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Tuner
    Also under auto shift properties, shift pressure, max adapt vol, change volume from 40 to 200 on 2-3 to match with the rest
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Tuner in Training
    Speedmaster747 Changing the Toque coefficients fixed the problem Thank you very much for your help. I was about to give up on it, now all i need to do is
    get it to hit a little more firmer and i'm assuming that the best wat to do that is through shift pressures?

Joshtuning- i had already changed that before my second post but thanks for taking time to look at it for me.

Anyway thanks again for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Codered5557 View Post
    Speedmaster747 Changing the Toque coefficients fixed the problem Thank you very much for your help. I was about to give up on it, now all i need to do is
    get it to hit a little more firmer and i'm assuming that the best wat to do that is through shift pressures?

Joshtuning- i had already changed that before my second post but thanks for taking time to look at it for me.

Anyway thanks again for the help!
    Good to hear that helped.
    I have a G8GT and I can assure you, this transmissions can drive a man to drink and curse like a sailor lol
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Advanced Tuner
    yeah mine was doing this stock... dam... I might try the torque coefficients.

Tuner in Training
    It's worth it I can't believe how much better it shifts. And I thought I was ok with this tuning stuff but I don't think I would have ever tried it on my own. Just glad we have a good forum with knowledge people that will actually help.