Thread: 07 Silverado 6.0 Just installed a 4L80 from the original 4L60

HELP - 07 Silverado 6.0 Just installed a 4L80 from the original 4L60.

Hey guys, I've done a million searches.
    Nothing conclusive
    I'm working on this 2007 Silverado 6.0, originally had a 4l60 and now it has the 4l80
    I tried the segment swap feature, but I know it wont work, ECM and TCM are separate.
    I need the operating system of a 4L80 to write entire into the current TCM. No luck on the tune repository or on the search
    Does anyone have insight on how this should be done???

I heard that you would have to commit to a set of credits for a vehicle with a 4L80 TCM, like the 08 chevy express 4.8. ? is this true??? I would like to get re assured before I burn 2 more credits.

Thanks guys

Here's the extract from this truck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedmaster747; 01-21-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Reworded the title
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

BTW, it has a PATC harness, just called them and they say to no longer have a tuner, so they have no clue what needs to be changed...
    How do u sell a product with no support????
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Tuner
    Im pretty sure there harness is like pcm of nc. Contact them and ask them to email u the settings to change in trans section. I think like 6 settings. Thats basicly it. Adjust shift speed and rpm and firmness. Pretty straight forward.

do you have any GM dealer friends? If so, have them use an MDI with a VIN# from a 3/4 ton truck and update the ECM/TCM files to the latest calibrations. That will give you the most current OS and the corrext calibrations for a 4l80. I have done this.