Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***2.25 beta current evolution thread***

***2.25 beta current evolution thread***

I am hoping this new thread will superseded the other thread which has over 60 pages and goes back to the release of this beta. Its hard enough to keep up on the updates that maybe this can be stickied and work forward with requests and issues since its been out for a bit.

I am very happy with the software thus far and I think many of us who are deep into 2016 models now depend on it. It most certainly has been in it all the time so the quirks and lack of understanding the flow of it is a new adventure everyday. Hopefully this can also help HPT tech in zoning in on what's important on the list of updates..

First request; I'd like to see some kind of flow chart that shows how the different logging displays are organized. This between the data, chart and histograms. Seems as if they all work slightly independant from each other but also share pids...

Thanks

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Think of the scanner as two separate things, packed into one user interface.

What you do (meaning what you log), is controlled by the channels, and ONLY what you put in the channels.

What you view (how you present your data to you), is controlled by all the other displays.

It's no different than 2.24 where 2.24's table display controlled the "what you do" part. In 2.25, the channels display controls "what you do".
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

As a part of Howards question, can you please clarify the Save operations? Does the main Layout Save located on the top command line save all the information contained in the Channel, Graph, Chart and associated "Histograms" contained in the Graph section? I see there are lower level save options which allow us to save them individually so we can reassemble the pieces any way want...nice to allow quick creation of a custom layout. What about the Math Properties. I seem to have lost them once or twice after saving the layout where I had to go back and reacquire them.

Thanks again and I would like to echo Howards compliments on a great Scanner you guys have developed. I like it alot....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

The save operations are very easy to test on your own.

But to clarify, VCM Scanner 2.25 further separates "what you do" from "what you view", by having 2 separate files for each.

On the channels tab, you can open/save/load default channel configs. The channel tab/window is completely isolated in this aspect. All operations regarding "what you do", and channel configurations, are found here.

"What you view" can be saved under the main Layout menu item in VCM Scanner. This saves the entire view/layout (not including channels). You can use this to create global templates for common tasks/vehicles.

The child view windows (guages/graph/charts), have further options to save those individual windows, or items from them. This gives you more fine control of the "what you view" aspect of VCM Scanner. You might want to save individual graphs/charts to share without having to save the entire layout.

Math properties are completely separate. Math properties are stored "per computer", and can only be shared/saved from the math properties window.

User defined parameters/inputs are also "per computer".

Transforms are "per computer" as well.

However, i believe if you transform an input, the transform follows the Channel config on save. This makes it easier for tuners to define channel maps for remote customers.

Not sure if this is the right place but the newest 2.25 editor keeps crashing on me whenever I go to copy something. Vehicle is a 15 mustang 5.0, I'm trying to enable the flex fuel

Quote Originally Posted by luisdavid11 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place but the newest 2.25 editor keeps crashing on me whenever I go to copy something. Vehicle is a 15 mustang 5.0, I'm trying to enable the flex fuel
    Please e-mail your file to support as well as a link to this thread.

Trans shift mode for T42s. Let's see it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Regarding the math....I created this math to convert a selected MAP pid into Boost in psig. Whenever I first open the software it reads incorrect. So I go back into Tools>>Math Properties and find Math-User which shows my calculated pid. When I select on it the math is as noted

([2335.91]-100)*.14501

if I clear it and reload it and go back to the scanner and bring it back into the chart screen it works fine until the next software boot up..

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Can you provide some screenshots and step by step instructions on how we can duplicate?

Also, if you have more than one VCM Scanner instance open, you could be overwriting the VCM Scanner.cfg which saves these values.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Also, if you have more than one VCM Scanner instance open, you could be overwriting the VCM Scanner.cfg which saves these values.
    Accidentally been there, done that.

Can you provide some screenshots and step by step instructions on how we can duplicate?

Good point.....never thought of that. You would overwrite the VCM Scanner.cfg when you closed the the Scanner which i believe is the way 2,24 worked, correct? or is it updated in real time as you are making changes?

And brings me to another question, with the 2.24 scanner, we needed to exchange the VCM Scanner.cfg located in Settings as well as the lower level .cfg in order to be on the same page and see what the sender was seeing. Does that requirement still stand for the 2.25 version? I assumed originally that the Top Level Layout as well as the Math Properties and the Channel layouts would suffice, but it sounds like the VCM Scanner.cfg in the Settings file still contains other scanner parameters like color, font size etc.

Thank you again..

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

After the last few updates the software has been crashing more and more. Also;

MPH is not reporting way off on Chart screen....no way this 2016 ZO6 is doing 250 MPH at 6300 rpms. Reads correct in the data list.
    When viewing IAT 2 on Chart is shows 32 degrees but on data list its correct.
    Low pressure fuel pump in psig is now reporting in what looks like KPA only in Chart but its selected as psig

All this stuff had been working fine for the last few weeks....not sure what's going on with the recent updates but it seems like its going backwards. Have three ZO6's to get done in the next 24 hours not a good time to be going backwards...

whats up fellas?

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Try todays beta, and if it crashes, be sure to report the crash.

After you update to the newest beta, log the vehicle again. if it looks wrong, post the channel config, a read from the vehicle (vcm editor), and the vcm scanner log file.

ok.. i see the chart issue you were talking about, fixing now, new beta will be up in about 20 min, sorry about that...

Thanks Keith.....

I also feel that certain changes to the calibrations are not "sticking".... Certain DTC we set to not report continue to pop up and just now I zeroed every table to camshaft retard phasing and its still reporting the actual angle as the original values even though its all zeros...

Can you guys check and see if the cam phaser retard tables are getting written back to there correct address? I have never had a problem controlling the camshaft before.

This is only specific to 2016 OS's...
    Last edited by Redline MS; 01-29-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Still would like a "Save All" that saves everything at one time. People continue having problems with this (for example when you forget to save the channels and the rest of the layout since it's two separate steps). Included in the Save All would be any special maths or whatever else that is specific to one computer (like the 2.24 VCM Scanner.cfg mentioned my Motown above). This way to could even simply move this file to a new computer and everything comes with it, or if your computer crashes it's much easier to restore to how you had it.

Or, if you could change the location of the special files to the same location as all of your other files, that would work also... few people including me use something like Dropbox to sync files between computers... works great except for the files that you have no location control over... like like 2.24's VCM Scanner.cfg.. they dont sync. And often you forget to grab them when you make a backup since you have two "Hptuners" folders to backup... and you end up losing the the default HPtuners folder containing their special parameters if you reinstall Windows.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 01-29-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ok.. i see the chart issue you were talking about, fixing now, new beta will be up in about 20 min, sorry about that...
    Good deal those items now report correct. Thank You!

I'm still puzzled why my custom Boost pid reads incorrect every time I open the software but when I open up the MATH area and reload it then its fine until the next time.

Also any idea on why the cam phaser tables are not working?

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

I don't know on the cam phaser.

If you can post your VCM Scanner.cfg, your Layout, your log file, and EXACT STEPS on how to duplicate your Math parameter issue, I can look into it.

For me, Math parameters have been working fine and no other reported issues.

I've had weird things happen on the boost reading too. Mine seems to show up in kpa even though it's set to show up in psi? If it happens again I'll post exact steps, etc.