Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 c7 afr ?

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    upgrade to LT4 pump and injectors
    meth kit is cheaper and gives way more headroom. LT4 injectors may still be too small....

Use the dyno to show where max torque lies which I further assume to be Max cylinder pressure (is that a correct assumption Howard?) which is where I normally pull back the timing a bit than gradual increase to max HP. I more state these limits to be more for reliability, than for max power.

Also the kits I have dealt with are 6-10 pounds boost only. I also use Dave Stecks 2 Injection Timing calculators to set and validate injection timing.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

injection calc works as long as you aren't out of injector. otherwise it pushes SOI way too early. more than 350 or so and you are spraying out the open exhaust valve with no way to tell how much of the injection is contributing towards combustion and how much is just going out the exhaust. wideband will read fuel (lack of O2) but it won't be coming from the cylinder burn.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Use the dyno to show where max torque lies which I further assume to be Max cylinder pressure (is that a correct assumption Howard?) which is where I normally pull back the timing a bit than gradual increase to max HP. I more state these limits to be more for reliability, than for max power.

Also the kits I have dealt with are 6-10 pounds boost only. I also use Dave Stecks 2 Injection Timing calculators to set and validate injection timing.

Ed M
    Correct. For zoning in on spark. Fuel control has become much more manipulating...
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1408 View Post
    This is an A and A V3 kit with a 3.8" pulley. 16 to 17 degrees is what it seems to want. At 14 power drops off.
    mine loves timing...
    My 2016 c7 all stock with a procharger and meth and headers..went [email protected] lbs boost 17 timing

so i add 1-2 more lbs if that with smaller pulley and lowered timing to 14 to be safe...made a street pass and car feels like a slug accelerates slow even my scan was jagged lol

I dont use a dyno ..scan and datalog on the street
    Last edited by QuickstingC7; 04-14-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Paul Ferrucci
    2016 Procharged C7 z51
    10.4@135 on 8 lbs of boost

Potential Tuner
    sorry to bump super old thread. Where are you guys usually leaving timing on e blend (E40). I have one with a LT4 HPFP and injectors. INJ P/W is still around 5.2 ish and rail pressure hasnt dropped. I have it peaking at 18 deg close to redline with A&A kit at 10 psi. Unfortunately cant go off the knock sensors cause the texas speed headers are pressing up against the frame rail every time you press the gas (even in neutral) and causing fake knock -_-

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0 View Post
    sorry to bump super old thread. Where are you guys usually leaving timing on e blend (E40). I have one with a LT4 HPFP and injectors. INJ P/W is still around 5.2 ish and rail pressure hasnt dropped. I have it peaking at 18 deg close to redline with A&A kit at 10 psi. Unfortunately cant go off the knock sensors cause the texas speed headers are pressing up against the frame rail every time you press the gas (even in neutral) and causing fake knock -_-
    You will probably have to tune this with spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    I wouldnt go higher on timing.
    Damn im running 17* indicated. Have for about 3 years now. No sign of trouble. Plugs, valves, and rings look fine.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7