Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners nGauge

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ferraro View Post
    No problem.
    Let me clarify because the semantics in your response leave a little room for confusion.
    If the vehicle is already licensed to your interface, and it was not licensed with an unlimited license (in other words, actual credits were purchased), you are good to go.
    In other words, if you consumed 2 credits and direct flashed a customers car 2 years ago and they come back in, you can simply re-export that file to the nGauge with no more credits consumed.
    You can also create additional calibrations for them with no more credits consumed.

You can actually check this on any .HPT file. When looking at an HPT file, if you are able to choose File > Export > To-E-motion and save a .enc file, you are good to go.
    That simply needs to be dropped into the custom files folder on the nGauge.

If you don't see that option, you are either dealing with a license issue or an unsupported vehicle.
    For vehicles that have unlimited licenses, there is a build coming up that will allow you to purchase credits for nGauge tuning, This avoids the scenario where you would need a separate interface for applications for which you hold an unlimited license.
    I was contemplating on becoming a reseller for these gauges as they fill in the void for a handheld tuner for Chevy cars, however my hesitation now is the scenario with the unlimited license. I have unlimited license for almost every car (not truck) up to 2015. Having to re-license a file to have it on the nguage will start to add up and at the same time it is not a justified reason to pass that expense on to the customer after being tuned and potentially if they buy the gauge.

I have every car unlimited as in the long run it potentially saves me money and it has. Is there any way for it to be implemented for those with unlimited license to not buy more credits just for the tune to be on the nguage? If not it becomes an expense that will keep adding up, example: If I sell 15 gauges, that would be an added $1500 towards credits I would not have to spend because of my unlimited license.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar569 View Post
    Any news/progress?
    Yes, It works on most drive by wire Fords and also on E38, E67 and E92 GM's.
    E92 is still a pretty new beta, so it would be best to use it on a shop car before live on a customer car.
    Shoot me an email or call tomorrow and we can talk when you're available. Lots of cliffs notes (how to datalog with it, etc) I can cover fast on the phone.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    (Distributor of the HP Tuners nGauge)
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Question on the analog plug on the back. Im swapping out a aeroforce interceptor which I added two analogs for oil temp/press. Its a direct fit to swap them over using the 5 volt ref gadget I have. but there was no harness in the box. What is the p/n for that or where do you source the receptical to pin it yourself?

Thanks

anything on the datalog configs

Potential Tuner
    is there a update to relearn crank sensor since I'm getting misfire codes after replacing my clutch. don't see it at all on my Ngauge 2016 GT Mustang

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by basshed View Post
    Question on the analog plug on the back. Im swapping out a aeroforce interceptor which I added two analogs for oil temp/press. Its a direct fit to swap them over using the 5 volt ref gadget I have. but there was no harness in the box. What is the p/n for that or where do you source the receptical to pin it yourself?

Thanks
    I read that you can use the connector from rc car battery LiPo 3s comes with four pins. I havent found a hobby shop to verify it.

Bought these. Could be a great product my company is horribly slow in fixing anything. Had such promise but time to move on.

Tuner in Training
    can a single NGauge be used on more then one vehicle?

Tuner in Training
    dont see the file export to e motion in my vcm suite 3

Screenshot (17).png

Has to be a licensed file - then under File>Export>To e-motion

Potential Tuner
    Hi

Are there any problems when fitting nGuage in centre air vent of 2017 mustang ie Heat?

Cheers

Steve

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemustang View Post
    Hi

Are there any problems when fitting nGuage in centre air vent of 2017 mustang ie Heat?

Cheers

Steve
    Haven't heard of any issues yet, I would assume it's operating temperature is pretty wide and includes most in-cabin driving conditions...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Haven't heard of any issues yet, I would assume it's operating temperature is pretty wide and includes most in-cabin driving conditions...
    I think the latest firmwares change log mentioned something about improving performance for people who have them sitting in the baking sun.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I think the latest firmwares change log mentioned something about improving performance for people who have them sitting in the baking sun.
    Texas update lol...cabin's can get in the 160-170*f range easily when parked

PM sent

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

New to the forums and just purchased the Ngauge for my Supercharged 2015 1LE. I cannot get the gauge to read boost, should this be a working option or is there a certain firmware update that I need?

anybody have any issues loading files on to the micro sd card? im getting a write protected message.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    anybody have any issues loading files on to the micro sd card? im getting a write protected message.
    That would be the lock on the side of the SD card adapter.

Tuner in Training
    Export error when i do e-motion

any suggesting?

Tuner
    a customer has sent me an enc file for the ngauge for some reason my editor wont open the file even thow it clearly show enc file are supported. it said incorrect file header or head