Thread: Box tuners VS your tune!

Tuner

Box tuners VS your tune!

I had a Superchips 90hp tune loaded into my 2004.5 Cummins 6 speed manual (stock injectors, stock turbo, stock cp3, GDP mechanical lift pump, cat delete, intake muffler delete, straight thru muffler). Since playing with HP (I was excited to say the least!) I've dropped post, added main duration and timing, lowered pilot timing a little at WOT, smoothed rail, and some other bits. It feels about as quick as the 90hp Superchips tune, but I think egts with my tune are hotter. I'm yet to load the superchips back in and log to see what they do that I'm not. Anyone else been comparing box tuners this way?

Tuner in Training
    It's easier to read out the Superchips file and compare vs stock if that's available on the dodges.

Tuner
    We can't read with 03-05, only write

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    I had a Superchips 90hp tune loaded into my 2004.5 Cummins 6 speed manual (stock injectors, stock turbo, stock cp3, GDP mechanical lift pump, cat delete, intake muffler delete, straight thru muffler). Since playing with HP (I was excited to say the least!) I've dropped post, added main duration and timing, lowered pilot timing a little at WOT, smoothed rail, and some other bits. It feels about as quick as the 90hp Superchips tune, but I think egts with my tune are hotter. I'm yet to load the superchips back in and log to see what they do that I'm not. Anyone else been comparing box tuners this way?

I was running smarty SSR. Smoked a lot, made some good power but nothing close to what we have with HP tuner... Still in beta so im sure more will come up but much much better overall.

Tuner in Training
    To end it all in your mind, a datalog of a few parameters would answer your questions. I haven't had intimate time with HPT yet but if the values you seek are able to be logged that will tell the full story.

Tuner in Training
    My Smarty S-06 POD is for sale if that tells you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    My Smarty S-06 POD is for sale if that tells you anything.
    Seems to be a lot for sale on the forums, probably won't be able to give them away here soon, lol

Just sold one for $500 shipped.
    Spent it here.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.