Thread: Tuning G8 GT

Tuner in Training

Tuning G8 GT

I have a 2008 G8 GT. 6.0L A6
    I am tuning it for my little lunati cam and I am needing to know what all tables will need tuned to get the most out of the cam. I tried looking around but could not find anything that I could use or understand. Have it idling decent enough it doesn't stall or anything unless you stress the engine. I can live with it until I correct fueling. But I have the VE tuned and I am onto tuning the MAF. But I have no clue how to tune the MAF... I can't find anything I can follow along with to know how to do it. So can anyone point me in the right direction or help me out?

this helped out alot when i started on my g8. http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35770

Tuner in Training
    I know it's been a year for your replies, what I ended up doing was paying to get a tune. I gave up on tuning until recently. I've been reading and reading more and more.

No one local does anything like this so I can't do hands on learning which is way easier for me.

The only issue with my tune right now is the RPM fluctuating when I come to a quick stop. The timing jumps around a lot and does this for a couple seconds and then the idle levels out. I just have no clue what table to modify

Probably a combination of min airflow and adaptive spark tables
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Probably a combination of min airflow and adaptive spark tables
    Meant to update this. It was actually in the transmission tune under torque management. Changed the enabled temp for the Limit TqMgt to 493. Fixed the issue immediately

Potential Tuner
    im just getting into tuning I drive a g8 gt when I hooked up my hp tuners to it some parameters are not showing up like the book says it will.. can anyone help??

whats the issue you are having?? at idle or drive? cold or warm??

Senior Tuner
    "im just getting into tuning I drive a g8 gt when I hooked up my hp tuners to it some parameters are not showing up like the book says it will.. can anyone help??"

Go to View, then click Advanced Mode.