Thread: 2001 Silverado 4L65E TC Stall Programming

Tuner in Training silverado_HEMAN's Avatar

2001 Silverado 4L65E TC Stall Programming

I have a 2001 Silverado 4WD that has the following specs:
    5.3 High Output Engine
    65 LB Injectors
    Procharger P1SC
    MSD Fuel Booster
    4l65E Level 5 Built by FLT Transmissions http://www.finishlinetrans.com/trans...vyDuty4L65.htm
    All upgrades to the Level 5 Transmission
    Circle D GM Stall 300 MM A2 2200-2400 Stall Converter http://www.circledspecialties.com/p-...converter.aspx
    External B&M Trans Cooler

I had the truck tuned by Total Power and I don't think they did it right engine and transmission. So below I posted both files, their tune and the one I altered. The reason for having to alter the tune is the old transmissions would literally blow the servo out the side of the case. I am assuming it was caused because he removed torque management from the system. I would like someone to look at my current tune and see if it is ok with the new transmission I have installed from FLT. It would be nice if I could have the engine properly tuned to.

I use the truck as an everyday driver, highway and the city. I would like to be able to WOT on the highway or just around town once in a great while without the fear of the trans blowing up. I also have something weird where at 65-75 MPH at WOT the trans seems to "level out". This issues had come about when the new stall converter has been installed. I am really good at using diagnostic equipment and the scopes but not to sure when it comes to the meaning of the tables. If someone could help I would be greatly appreciative!

Attached is the two tune files one labeled :

"Master Tune By Total Power 09_16_20.hpt" original I was using.
    "current tune jan 2016_v2.hpt" Current tune I am using now.

current tune jan 2016_v2.hpt
    Master Tune By Total Power 09_16_20.hpt
    Last edited by silverado_HEMAN; 01-29-2016 at 10:29 PM.