Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.0 Serial Wideband Feedback

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, I spoke with Innovate Motorsports about getting the info needed for the MTX-L wideband serial support. They gave me these 2 links below. I emailed HP Tuners support, and they told me to post the info here, so here it is:

Serial Protocol 2: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...eriallog-2.pdf

OT-2 SDK Manual:
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...eriallog-2.pdf

Supposedly that is all the info you guys should need. Hope it helps!

Advanced Tuner
    I seem to be having a little trouble with mine. I have an LC2 and ive tried two different sensors. For some reason, when I select innovate AFR, it gives me values 400- over 1000 instead of the standard values. Any idea whats going on, or what im doing wrong? -Mark

You'll notice how it stays at 20.9 for the first minute or so. Thats when I have the sensor in free air. As soon as I put it in the tailpipe, it goes crazy.

Also, it reads correctly through the Logworks software, so I know the sensor is functioning properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Snyper; 02-10-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Tuner in Training
    I have pulled my mtx-l and my lm2 out and will be sending them into Keith this week to get this up and going.

Tuner in Training
    Oh ok, awesome. Thank you Whistler!! I know I'm not the only one who is excited to do away with offsets, and have a direct connection! This right here is the main reason I went with HP Tuners when I got into tuning my G8 last year. The amazing staff support who has always responded incredibly fast, and all the user help and guidance. There is an almost endless supply of help forums, and tuning tips out there now. It has all made my tuning experience more fun, when it could have been just frustrating. Thank you to everyone who posts on here and who help make this product as great as it is.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Can you post a log of it doing that?

I don't know if the MTX-L and SP2 protocols are exactly the same but maybe Keith can take a look at it if you can post a log of what you're getting

Do you have a spare or old O2 sensor laying around for the MTX-L by chance? I have an MTX-L but don't have the sensor. I'm sure if HPT had the whole setup they could have it working in no time but without one it's kind of a trial/error type deal

Here is a log of it. Unfortunately I don't have a spare .

serial.hpl
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Quote Originally Posted by whistler777 View Post
    I have pulled my mtx-l and my lm2 out and will be sending them into Keith this week to get this up and going.
    Thanks for doing that!

Tuner
    I cant wait for this to start working as I always hated the voltage offset issues.

I have a couple aem widebands and I would send one of those in to help if it did, just tell me if you need it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cavy.417 View Post
    ok so in an attempt to get in for for the AEM wideband this is what I got from an AEM tech. I'm hoping this is what you need.
    model- AEM 31-4110
    Any chance this will get the AEM WB going serial?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbomangto View Post
    Any chance this will get the AEM WB going serial?
    Highly doubt it. That all looked like basic info to me, not enough to be able to make use of a serial data stream. I believe someone is sending in an AEM unit for them to test? HPT seems willing to get them working via serial but need widebands sent in in order to test/debug in house vs. trying to make changes to production releases with no in-house feedback

I have the Innovate MTX-L also and i guess ill have to keep using the old way for now till the serial tests are completed.

only issue is that thread deals with a completely different style aem gauge. but I haven't heard anything back about what I posted so I don't know weather to talk to AEM about getting correct info or not.

Advanced Tuner
    I also have an AEM 30-4110 that I have hardwired into the truck, but if it helps the community I can pull it and ship it. It would be well worth it to contribute something as a thanks for all the help I have gotten.

Tuner
    Motec PLM
    http://www.motec.com.au/downloads/downloadmanuals/

11th from the bottom

Heres my Calculation I used in 2.24

.500 (7.34) LA 0V
    1.750 (25.69) LA 5V
    Range 18.25 afr
    Volts. + 7.34

Edit. Got it working on user defined but would still be great to have it in the list. I'm sure I'm not the only one using this wideband
    Last edited by super6ute; 02-16-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Could you use an AEM Failsafe(30-4900) for testing? I just ordered one and I won't be using it until the snow stops flying! If it helps I can send the whole kit, or whatever you'd need from it. As soon as it gets here.

Tuner in Training
    Dbeluscak. Please send it. The normal aem wide band setting doesn't work. Plus they need to add the pressure sensor offset also
    Would help me greatly.

Potential Tuner
    As soon as it's in my hands, I'll send it on the way. Should I send that Attn: Keith? Should be here this week

I was supposed to send my PLX to Keith until I realized I didn't have a spare sensor.. so I would think to his attention is your best bet

Make sure to include where you want it shipped back to when they're done and maybe some contact info just in case?

Potential Tuner
    Soon as I get it I'll send a PM to Keith or get in touch with customer service. Either way, they'll have it next week so we can implement the AEM Failsafe asap.

I have no idea who's sending what, but, if you want us to implement a device, please send it to our office, attn: Keith, and include your full information and instructions so we know who to send it back to once we've finished.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...