Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaas View Post
    Keith, do you have an ETA for a scanner version that includes the DoD status bits?
    This is another major thing keeping me from being able to use 3.0...

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What version are you running?
    I asked if I need to keep checking my download page for updated versions. You replied to the thread as above indicated but I'm not sure it was meant for me?

I'm running 3.0.37.

I am not a heavy HPT user and am keeping subscribed to this thread for the education if anything. I take it I should update as the bugs are ironed out?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

I was able to log injector duty cycle with 2.24, but now that I have 3.0 it shows on the scanner, but is not updating. Anything I can do to get this back reading?

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to get old 2.24 version? Unfortunately I didn't expect that installation of 3.0 into different directory will uninstall my old version and I can't get back there. Even restore point didn't help, as installation of 2.24 become incomplete somehow. I'd love to use 3.0 but even after two hours I was unable to setup a custom WBO2. Everything in new Scanner is so broken it's beyond believe. Even file dialogs are broken so I don't see any files. I have to check them in File explorer and then type the name manually to open my configs. I have dyno session today and I'm deeply desperate as I'm not able to do anything. Please, help
    Last edited by fido; 03-17-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    I asked if I need to keep checking my download page for updated versions. You replied to the thread as above indicated but I'm not sure it was meant for me?

I'm running 3.0.37.

I am not a heavy HPT user and am keeping subscribed to this thread for the education if anything. I take it I should update as the bugs are ironed out?
    Yeah you def. want to update pretty regularly right now. 3.0.54 has a few bug fixes that you will want for sure. I usually update every 2-3 days or if I notice there's something in particular fixed or changed that I care about. I'd definitely recommend you go ahead and install the latest version though.

Quote Originally Posted by gols1go View Post
    I was able to log injector duty cycle with 2.24, but now that I have 3.0 it shows on the scanner, but is not updating. Anything I can do to get this back reading?
    You need to be logging RPM and injector PW in order for inj duty cycle to work

You said it "shows it on the scanner". Define "scanner". Is it showing in the channel list, a graph, a chart, gauge.. where exactly? Screenshots always helps. Posting your layout and channel config and logs helps more

Quote Originally Posted by fido View Post
    Is there a way to get old 2.24 version? Unfortunately I didn't expect that installation of 3.0 into different directory will uninstall my old version and I can't get back there. Even restore point didn't help, as installation of 2.24 become incomplete somehow. I'd love to use 3.0 but even after two hours I was unable to setup a custom WBO2. Everything in new Scanner is so broken it's beyond believe. Even file dialogs are broken so I don't see any files. I have to check them in File explorer and then type the name manually to open my configs. I have dyno session today and I'm deeply desperate as I'm not able to do anything. Please, help
    V3 is the future.. there is a learning curve but it logs much faster and is way easier/quicker to use once you learn how to use it

To add a wideband I made this thread that goes through the steps in detail, with pictures. Let us know if you have any questions. It's not bad to do, but is different.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    V3 is the future.. there is a learning curve but it logs much faster and is way easier/quicker to use once you learn how to use it

To add a wideband I made this thread that goes through the steps in detail, with pictures. Let us know if you have any questions. It's not bad to do, but is different.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Definitely. But you're not dreaming about future, when you have reserved dyno session in a few hours, your old trusty software is gone because of ignorant installer and you're struggling with broken UI.
    I followed your tutorial, that's what I managed too, but unfortunately, HPT removed possibility of non-linear transform, that was present in 2.24. The WBO2 that I'm using is non-linear and I had precise
    curve defined in scanner. Yes, I can pick up the most linear piece of range and approximate it with linear function, but you wouldn't "approximate" when you have to tune 1000HP ZR1 in safe way

I'll definitely try to learn the 3.0, on another computer...at least to eventually check, whether broken file dialogs are fixed

What wideband are you using that is non-linear? There's only one wideband I'm aware of that is non-linear, FJO.

Other widebands supply x/y plots, but still end up being linear.

Also, there are no known bugs with the UI, or broken file dialogs.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What wideband are you using that is non-linear? There's only one wideband I'm aware of that is non-linear, FJO.

Other widebands supply x/y plots, but still end up being linear.

Also, there are no known bugs with the UI, or broken file dialogs.
    It's something from OBR, supplied for Superflow dyno. I've got table with linearization values and it looks like this:
    wbo2.png
    I've been using it even with SCT software, that has only linear transformation too and I've been struggling with getting correct slope factors. Usually I've been able to either get precise 0.8-0.9, or 0.9-1.0 Believe me, I spent some time on this and it's definitely a issue.

About the file dialogs - damned I hoped someone had the same issue already. Well, the problem is that whenver I click Save, file dialog pops up, I use some filename and file is saved. I do it again, file dialog pops up and its content is empty like there is not any file. I start to write the same name and it's autocompleted, so filedialog know there is such file. It also compains that there is already such file. But it doesn't display it. I have to write names manualy. Everywhere. And as the new scanner works with many small files instead of one config, you can imagine, how hard it is to use it.

That's weird as hell. I'd use the linear section in the lambda < 1 part of that data as the WB formula since that is where you'll be during WOT tuning. Use fuel trims for part throttle.

Tuner in Training
    I'd use the linear section in the lambda < 1 part of that data as the WB formula since that is where you'll be during WOT tuning. Use fuel trims for part throttle.
    Sure, that's what I'm doing at the end, to keep stock narrow bands happy on idle and around, but I don't want to do this for whole part throttle area when tuning VE map At least not, until I'll buy my own dyno so I won't pay for rental Anyway, I must say, that the possibility of graph transformation was really cool feature of 2.24, that outperformed competitors and I think it was bad decision to get rid of it. There are other non-linear sensors, not just some exotic WBO2...

Quote Originally Posted by Niemer View Post
    When saving a layout it seems to save Charts, Graphs, and Gauges in that file, but Channels and Math Parameters have to be saved separately. Is there a way to save everything in one file, to make sharing between computers, and people easier?
    very much needed. Like the 2.24 configs, I would just save the configurations like Gen3, Gen5, high/low MAF vehicles, boosted, misfire. Today I spent a couple hours duplicating new layout from old configs. I think I have 1 good layout to work with now.

Now when I change something to see what works, I save each of the layout, channel, and chart just in case.

Here's a question, I know injector cycle is a math now, but how do I move it from a math to a chart for a collection platform? Im guessing the math is setting up the sensor, but I don't understand how to move it to chart or wherever I need to place it to view a duty cycle.
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 03-17-2016 at 07:15 PM.

2.24 configs didn't save math parameters either

I do wish there was like a "global save" type thing that would either save layout/channel/math parameters back to back to back or even better would be to save them all at once.

When is RTT coming back into the scanner? I cant seem to find it and some ~15 pages ago saw someone mention its not in 3 "yet"? How do I get 2.24 back so I can utilize the RTT my customer paid for?

Awesome ty so much! Getting it right now. I mostly like v3, but was dismayed when I went to use RTT to street tune a customers car. I spent over an hour wondering why I couldnt get RTT to show up (feeling like a moron the whole time in front of him I might add) until I ran across its not even there! I'll come back to v3 when RTT returns

Dang, its giving me "invalid key" errors when trying to read a VCM despite the fact its able to read my credit information, and able to run VCM editor. This is very frustrating

I cant figure out how to add blank spaces, or blank channels between groups of channels like I used to be able to just last month or so. Any idea? I just added one new channel and it bridged the gap between my spark and fuel channel groups... if this was changed on purpose, can we please have it again?

I used to add a blank channel to the bottom, then move it up to create a gap between channel data types. spark, fuel, trans, etc.

Add Blank Channels.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I cant figure out how to add blank spaces, or blank channels between groups of channels like I used to be able to just last month or so. Any idea? I just added one new channel and it bridged the gap between my spark and fuel channel groups... if this was changed on purpose, can we please have it again?

I used to add a blank channel to the bottom, then move it up to create a gap between channel data types. spark, fuel, trans, etc.

Add Blank Channels.PNG
    Highlight everything you want to move "down". Right click, hit move down. That will create a space above everything you had highlighted

Tuner
    3.060 opened a 2.24 log!
    Awesome!

Highlight everything you want to move "down". Right click, hit move down. That will create a space above everything you had highlighted
    thank you!
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post

Or, Highlight => Ctrl+arrow up/down, if you prefer hot keys.
    Jaime