Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    edit-gear/tire wizard
    Opening the gear/tire wizard causes 3.0.10 to crash fairly regularly for me. Worked ok on an older C6 I just did though.
    Especially with 2015 C7 files. Including this one
    2015 C7 A8 stock 2.hpt
    Last edited by veee8; 02-04-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Opening the gear/tire wizard causes 3.0.10 to crash fairly regularly for me.
    Post a file that it crashes with.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Just edited my post with the file
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

we'll get that fixed asap!

So no response to the ngc3 questions?

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys,I gave the 2.24 another name so I can keep it and downloaded 3.0 version..i want to use my 2.24 VCM scanner..what do I need to do?it does not verify my vehicle..the 3.0 scanner is working,but my 2.24 scanner isn't...please I need an answer..

Quote Originally Posted by mbray01 View Post
    Originally Posted by VYSSLS1
    can you make it so it DOES NOT auto open the file every time you open the software. its a pain in the ass, it slows it down and for people like my self that are doing different cars every day its a pain..

You can disable that in the Tools->Options menu

my does not give the option

only gives

system of units
    and
    tuner/autolock
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    This will be in the next 3.0
    So is that 3.0.11?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Panos z06 View Post
    Hey guys,I gave the 2.24 another name so I can keep it and downloaded 3.0 version..i want to use my 2.24 VCM scanner..what do I need to do?it does not verify my vehicle..the 3.0 scanner is working,but my 2.24 scanner isn't...please I need an answer..
    When was the last time you updated 2.24 prior to running the new V3?

V3 does a firmware update to the interface that only the very latest version of 2.24 is/was compatible with. Older versions won't work. I suspect that is your issue.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    When was the last time you updated 2.24 prior to running the new V3?

V3 does a firmware update to the interface that only the very latest version of 2.24 is/was compatible with. Older versions won't work. I suspect that is your issue.
    where can I download the latest version of 2.24?thank you..

There is not an official download yet. They are working on a "standalone" 2.24 version that people can use while getting used to V3 but it hasn't been posted yet. I thought I had the old version saved somewhere but I can't find the download or I'd send it to you

Hopefully in the next few days the standalone 2.24 is available

For the record, todays 3.0 can open up all 2.24 config files in both the channel form, and the layouts.

You guys are getting stuff done!

Now what's the deal with "RTD's" I see mentioned in the new Editor?? Hmmmmm. Looks interesting..

Why does it not bring up the last saved name of the config or the same name of the config you are working on when you wish to save it again after changes??

I opened up a 2.24 config and it worked, wanted to make a change and then when trying to save it, the box was blank and didn't show up as what it was saved under before. Not sure if I am making sense here.

I thought it always used to just save the config (layout) without asking to rename the new file all the time, it would just auto-overwrite.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

VCM Scanner 3.0 no longer loads your last used config/layout files. It actually keeps your LIVE config/layout in its internal configuration. There is no need to save any time you make a change to vcm scanner now, like you had to in 2.24. It's much more simple now.

You can, at any point, save your current Channels or Layouts into a off-line file for archival/restoration. You can use this technique to build your libraries of Channels and Layouts.

For the record, todays 3.0 can open up all 2.24 config files in both the channel form, and the layouts.

woot! thanks for working on this

Someone try this:
    1) Open Scanner, log something from the car,
    2) Stop scanning, but leave scanner open,
    3) Kill power to the ECU (batt disconnect),
    4) Reconnect batt, and turn key on, then try to scan again (hit record),

First time opening the scanner after battery reconnect, when you hit "Record" it will poll channels or whatever then start scanning with only a small delay...
    Second time trying to scan when the scanner was not closed after batt disconnect, scanner will hang for 5-20 seconds, then sometimes may log a channel or two, but most of the time it wont. Doesn't hang after the initial 5-20 seconds, just isn't logging anything.

With the current 3.0.10 you have to close scanner after battery disconnect to be able to reconnect properly.

2.24 does not do this, I dont think 2.25 did this.

ALSO, I just noticed my Laptop scanner continued "logging" even though I pulled the USB cable out of it. The values werent changing on the Channels, but they were all still showing values, and there was no lines on the Chart vs, Time, but the Record button was still greyed, the Time on the chart was still incrementing, and it was not frozen in any way. I hit stop, then when I hit Start is when I got the "no device connected" message.

I just pulled the USB cable out of my Main PC while logging on the bench ECU... it continues logging data... if your graph is zoomed in to the point that it's scrolling, then you will see what Im talking about. 2.24 will freeze for about 5 seconds then end the log.

So wondering if some of these "freeze" complaints are due to lost communications, but the scanner doesn't know it.

This pic is of the Trying to scan after Batt disconnect, but not restarting scanner...

Scan after Batt Disconnect.PNG
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-04-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Why I am having to rebuild half of the Histograms? Seems a lot was lost in converting between them both. I would love to see the 3.0 scanner work as good as it is said to, with my old config. Just open my config and go to tuning, not have to rebuild half of it. This has been a pain in my ____ the last few days. Stressful honestly.

I just tested on my bench and it seemed to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrot View Post
    Why I am having to rebuild half of the Histograms? Seems a lot was lost in converting between them both. I would love to see the 3.0 scanner work as good as it is said to, with my old config. Just open my config and go to tuning, not have to rebuild half of it. This has been a pain in my ____ the last few days. Stressful honestly.
    If you defined your histograms against ECM tables, 3.0 wasn't able to import those in. It should however have imported every other field. If you defined your histograms against ECM tables, they were likely only working for 5% of the vehicles we support, had invalid data for 45%, and none at all for the other 50%. This is why you can't define histograms against tables in 3.0 like you could before.