Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Wow, ok thanks Keith. I need to figure this out asap. Thank you
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    "This app can't run on your PC". So I ran in admin mode and it says "cannon find xxxx". Is this a windows 10 thing?
    You might need to re-download it. The download server is getting hammered right now.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Once you get used to it, you will find that 3.0 actually simplifies the scanner interface over 2.24. Check out the help files. They have been rewritten to help you understand how 3.0 functions. 2.24 could never have such documentation due to its overly complex nature.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-scanner/
    okaaaaayy.... I will give it a shot on my other laptop, pray I don't have a brain aneurism

Glad I don't have my laptop with me today, I would be getting no work done, sounds like it's better for me to wait until tonight to download anyways.

Just tried that, it didn't work.

I also tried 2.24 and it says the same thing. This is too odd. Installed on my Win7 box fine
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

GM Virtual Volumetric Efficiency Tool
    - View and edit your VE tables for newer GM vehicles from within VCM Editor
    About.... @#$%ing..... time......

Tuner
    2.24 is no longer on the customer page.

Just tried that, it didn't work.

I also tried 2.24 and it says the same thing. This is too odd. Installed on my Win7 box fine
    You might need to re-download it. The download server is getting hammered right now.
    "This app can't run on your PC". So I ran in admin mode and it says "cannon find xxxx". Is this a windows 10 thing?

Got it. The file downloads as a .MSI.EXE file. Extension needs to be changed to .msi only (remove the .exe) and it installs

Just a reminder to those downloading and upgrading... Backup your 2.24 if you still want to use it because this install will overwrite 2.24!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Nice job guys

Tuner
    Enhanced pids for 03-05 srt4?

Tuner in Training
    I doesn't except my application key I just got via email.

Had to update the programer, works great now. Now I have to rebuild the config/channel files.
    Thanks for this!
    Last edited by o2l8; 02-01-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Fixed it

Tuner in Training
    Any reason the OS tab is blank in edtior? I had a similar issue on the beta version

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaLS1 View Post
    Any reason the OS tab is blank in edtior? I had a similar issue on the beta version
    It's possible your vehicle doesn't have any OS parameters.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    I'm scrolling around it now. Seem ok. But one thing I notice is it's taking a few seconds to load a table or open a page. Before it was instant.

Also, for those experienced with this stuff please see my recent thread in the editor section.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    I'm scrolling around it now. Seem ok. But one thing I notice is it's taking a few seconds to load a table or open a page. Before it was instant.

Also, for those experienced with this stuff please see my recent thread in the editor section.
    What is your OSID?

Tuner in Training
    When I download - the download says : Download VCM Suite 3.0. but the actual download is 2.24. I can assure you it is not user error either

https://www.hptuners.com/customers/d...&build=release links me to the 2.24 release VCM-Suite file

EDIT: Looks like it must be a cache issue with my work network. I remoted into my PC at home and was able to download the correct version!

Tuner in Training
    Is there a help file, I looked for a minute but didn't see anything

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    I guess for the time i'll have to stick to the old stuff. I used the newer scanner when needed before and it's gonna have to stay that way until I can get each car back in my hands and make all new stuff and spend double or triple the time tuning. Most people can't wait this long.

Not trying to come down on the HP staff and I realize you are trying to improve and move into new things but for "calibrators" who do this day in and day out and have spent so much time making custom configs to make their job easier, this makes our job harder with the lack of compatibility.
    This is exactly why I've only used 2.25 and now 3.0 scanner sparingly. Everything works in 2.24 and worked well enough to tune the cars and I do have countless hours in setting up the scanner for various different applications with Custom PID's etc. Luckily they did keep the PID access ID's similar so most of those were simple copy/paste into the "Maths" of the newer versions but IMO it's still clunky and quirky as compared to the simplistic 2.24 scanner.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    Seriously, why can't we do this? We don't need to be able to save to .bin, but it would be really nice if you could import from .bin...

Agreed this question has been asked a few times in this thread already and seems to be getting avoided. Can we get a yes or a no?