Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FixxxerKH202 View Post
    Problem is I had user defined parameters for the histograms to reference and those I can't create on the new version. My engine is a multi-ve and I had filters created to pull the LTFTS against the cam position which were done in the configuration not in the histograms section and the histograms used them as a reference. I cannot find those options on the latest version.

I attached my configuration and histograms on an earlier post. Open it up and take a look. Maybe I am missing something.
    Hmm, something we'll have to look into.

You'll likely want to create your filters over in 3.0 anyway, as 3.0 can support filtering of transients and 2.24 did not.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    If you would rename the (VCM Suite) to VCM Suite 3.0 let say as an example before downloading, you would think it would not overwrite the 2.24(VCM SUITE) or the 2.25(VCM Suite BETA) Beta version.
    Haven't downloaded it yet. Same here,I need to keep my 2.24

3.0 is 2.25 beta, just the stable release of it.

Wow I don't think I've hated something this much in a while and I've only been at it for 1/2 hour. The scanner interface is completely borked. I feel like I'm looking at ProEFI (which is not a compliment).

- The layout is just non-intuitive. The typical windows resize/minimize/maximize function is gone for each element (chart/graph/gauge). It took me a while to figure out how to get each one to be full screen; Hold down on the title bar and drag it to open up the little + to put it in the top, bottom, left or right or full screen. Is that something someone dreamed up? And how is it better than the typical Windows interface? Because I used to like to have the chart up fairly small so I can mouse over parts of the log and play it and watch the table or histogram. Moving windows around in the scanner is now much more difficult. It turns me off to it immediately.
    - Help file is online only (not much "help" at the track)
    - Can't modify channels offline, so I can't build new layouts without having first connected to the car I'm building it for.
    - Multiple functions in this production release of the software yield "two weeks" popup
    - Old configs, user defined PIDs, other stuff I have yet to fine, all useless or gone

I'm going to save more griping for later as I have figured out a few things on my own as I was griping about them. But net-net, to me it's like upgrading to Windows 11 and having it look and act like Linux. "New and Cool" features take a while to figure out because the software doesn't act like it used to at all.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Wow I don't think I've hated something this much in a while and I've only been at it for 1/2 hour. The scanner interface is completely borked. I feel like I'm looking at ProEFI (which is not a compliment).

- The layout is just non-intuitive. The typical windows resize/minimize/maximize function is gone for each element (chart/graph/gauge). It took me a while to figure out how to get each one to be full screen; Hold down on the title bar and drag it to open up the little + to put it in the top, bottom, left or right or full screen. Is that something someone dreamed up? And how is it better than the typical Windows interface? Because I used to like to have the chart up fairly small so I can mouse over parts of the log and play it and watch the table or histogram. Moving windows around in the scanner is now much more difficult. It turns me off to it immediately.
    - Can't modify channels offline, so I can't build new layouts without having first connected to the car I'm building it for.
    - Multiple functions in this production release of the software yield "two weeks" popup
    - Old configs, user defined PIDs, other stuff I have yet to fine, all useless or gone

I'm going to save more griping for later as I have figured out a few things on my own as I was griping about them. But net-net, to me it's like upgrading to Windows 11 and having it look and act like Linux. "New and Cool" features take a while to figure out because the software doesn't act like it used to at all.
    It's a big jump if you have not been working with the beta at all for the past year, but once you get comfortable with the look and feel, it really is easier to use. Many of us were able to move into it gradually over the past months so it is much less shocking. I also resisted it at first, but after working with it over a couple of days, I came to like it prefer to use it over the old one.
    Jaime

First, good on you for going to the actual help files! Starting off with on-line help files helps us stay current with the updates. We're using a new help file system that will allow us to publish .pdf's and traditional help files down the road though when the help files have matured.

This is true for 2.24 though as well. We are working on a feature in 3.0 that will allow you to share vehicle profiles, as well as enter in a VIN/OS so that you can create a channel configuration before you connect to the vehicle.

Which functions?

We'll look at importing the older user PIDs into the new Math Parameters.

3.0.006 can open up your 2.24 histograms as well.

If you're still working on your 05 vette though, the speed of the 3.0 scanner should be reason enough alone to love it. It should be substantially faster on your vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there a link, ANYWHERE, that will let me "downgrade" back to 2.24???? PLEASE!

I just tried to do a datalog. Have to have the laptop in the car, and it won't log spark knock on the very basic 5 parameter config...it also will not let me use the MPVI in standalone mode...get nothing but the flashing ERR Non the dongle...
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Which functions?
    Track Map, steering angle (no clue what these are), Define Custom Profile
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Ha, this is why I keep archives of all the versions I've downloaded, back to 1.5
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Is there a link, ANYWHERE, that will let me "downgrade" back to 2.24???? PLEASE!

I just tried to do a datalog. Have to have the laptop in the car, and it won't log spark knock on the very basic 5 parameter config...it also will not let me use the MPVI in standalone mode...get nothing but the flashing ERR Non the dongle...
    VCM Suite 3.0.006 includes an MPVI standalone datalogging fix.

Track Map, steering angle (no clue what these are), Define Custom Profile
    Track Map/Steering Angle should have been hidden, we'll fix.

Define custom profile is in active development. That's how you'll give the scanner information about your vehicle (or a customers), if you're unable to connect to it direct.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    VCM Suite 3.0.006 includes an MPVI standalone datalogging fix.
    I need to go to the liquor store, lol...

I'm slowing finding my way out of the woods here...I'm just a hobby tuner, mostly with my own junk. I am finding my way. Thanks for the patience.

I have VCM Editor 3.0.7
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

The vehicle default will scan, but when I loaded a log created in 2.24 saved it as a config file and now load that into 3.07 and try to scan it crashes immediately when I hit record. Even crashes after I updated my pid for my LC1.

Will there be a new beta?

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller View Post
    Ha, this is why I keep archives of all the versions I've downloaded, back to 1.5
    1.5, that's a antique!

Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    The vehicle default will scan, but when I loaded a log created in 2.24 saved it as a config file and now load that into 3.07 and try to scan it crashes immediately when I hit record. Even crashes after I updated my pid for my LC1.
    Hmm, ok.. Post your log file. I think I understand what you're doing.

Can you post your tune as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsta View Post
    Will there be a new beta?
    Yes, for new feature development. We have a lot more to be released this year.

We will be releasing standard licensing updates, as well as parameter support through 3.0 (stable).

Quote Originally Posted by Srtboost4u View Post
    Would something like this for the aem wideband serial output work with this software if the sensor was added to the list?

This is used in evoscan to convert the serial wire to a serial cable

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...rial_cable.jpg
    Bump

here is the log file and the channel file that I created from it

Am I correct you cannot just open a previous version config file to use, that u have to load a previous log file and save the channel file to use for new recordings?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by benf; 02-02-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Is there a way to display Status Bits with v3?