Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I read through about 15pages before posting. I don't see Injector duty cycle anywhere on the scanner for a 3rd gen silverado
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastruck View Post
    I read through about 15pages before posting. I don't see Injector duty cycle anywhere on the scanner for a 3rd gen silverado
    It's one of the math parameters, it's not in the channel list.

Tuner in Training
    Which version do you guys think would be easier to learn on? I'm using 2.24 currently and just dorking around with a stock gen3 5.3l to get my feet wet. Would V3 be easier to pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by weldo3 View Post
    Great job on 3.0 and especially the support. But not being able to math parameters against themselves is causing confusion for me anyway.
    For example Lamba Error (wideband/commanded lamba) I've tried using parameters and sensors but my readings are inaccurate.any help
    would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Make sure you have selected the proper units from either the popup windows or the tools>quantities & Units. Post up you specific issue.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by James87 View Post
    Which version do you guys think would be easier to learn on? I'm using 2.24 currently and just dorking around with a stock gen3 5.3l to get my feet wet. Would V3 be easier to pick up?
    3.0...its the only way at this point as 2.24 will no longer be supported, but more importantly because it is a much better product. The more the community uses and embraces it, the faster it will mature into our most trusted tuning tool.

JMHO

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastruck View Post
    Add injector pulse width and injector flow rate to the channels and injector duty cycle will work in the charts that is what is working in my 98z28

Tuner in Training
    Anybody have an idea of where the VIN change function went in 3.0? I've looked at the scanner and editor, no luck so far...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrunner84 View Post
    Anybody have an idea of where the VIN change function went in 3.0? I've looked at the scanner and editor, no luck so far...
    The new licensing structure does not allow vin changes without re-licensing. They removed the VIN change function to avoid interference with this.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Make sure you have selected the proper units from either the popup windows or the tools>quantities & Units. Post up you specific issue.

Ed M
    In 2.24 we where able to take our user defined inputs (wideband lamba) / it against a user defined parameters (commanded lamba) = lamba error. In 3.0 we don't have that option with maths. I've tried using different sensors and have gotten it to work
    but not accurately I was thinking it might have something to do with having offset my wideband to read with the scanner or just using the wrong sensors.

In 3.0 you just need to create the full equation in your math parameter.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    3.0...its the only way at this point as 2.24 will no longer be supported, but more importantly because it is a much better product. The more the community uses and embraces it, the faster it will mature into our most trusted tuning tool.

JMHO

Ed M

Thanks Ed. I do understand that I will at some point have to go to V3, and I'm sure its superior. My worry here is that all the instructions I've printed to learn with (BBA Tuning Process, CPIG guide, etc.) wont necessarily apply without extensive modification. I'm still trying to learn the best steps for tuning start to finish to give you an idea of my knowledge level lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    The new licensing structure does not allow vin changes without re-licensing. They removed the VIN change function to avoid interference with this.
    That's not accurate.

We will likely add the VIN change back in. It just didnt' make the cut in 3.0.

The new licensing structure DOES NOT CHANGE existing GM license options. It only ADDS license options for vehicles that weren't licensable with 2.24 (ie, swaps, vin-less, serial-less, etc.. and dodge/ford vehicles)

Thanks Ed. I do understand that I will at some point have to go to V3, and I'm sure its superior. My worry here is that all the instructions I've printed to learn with (BBA Tuning Process, CPIG guide, etc.) wont necessarily apply without extensive modification. I'm still trying to learn the best steps for tuning start to finish to give you an idea of my knowledge level lol.
    The fundamentals of tuning are still the same, you just have more resources available to achieve them in 3.0

I'll make you an offer, I'll donate a free hour to you to go over your process/procedure and show you where it is the same and different. In exchange you will tell the world what a great new product this is and not to be afraid.....and maybe a prop or 2 for yours truly :-)

Ed M

[email protected]

I tried version 3.0.15 and the infinity thing still crashes the scanner with an overflow error.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    In 3.0 you just need to create the full equation in your math parameter.
    Thanks

I'll give it a try ya'lls support means a lot

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    That's not accurate.

We will likely add the VIN change back in. It just didnt' make the cut in 3.0.

The new licensing structure DOES NOT CHANGE existing GM license options. It only ADDS license options for vehicles that weren't licensable with 2.24 (ie, swaps, vin-less, serial-less, etc.. and dodge/ford vehicles)
    Thanks for the confirmation, I guess I can use 2.24 in the meantime.

Tuner in Training
    I'll make you an offer, I'll donate a free hour to you to go over your process/procedure and show you where it is the same and different. In exchange you will tell the world what a great new product this is and not to be afraid.....and maybe a prop or 2 for yours truly :-)

Ed M
    You have PM Ed

and maybe a prop or 2 for yours truly :-)

Ed M
    I'll give ya props Ed!! Thanks for all your offline help!!
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I tried version 3.0.15 and the infinity thing still crashes the scanner with an overflow error.
    Try tomorrows 3.0.