Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Tuner in Training
    any way to put the update version that is current on the customer page instead of just "3.who knows if I need to update"lol

Tuner in Training
    I really wish I had a "Search prev/next" feature. Not sure how to request features, but..

A "Condition" expression similar to what you see as "Filter" elsewhere would be brilliant, you can just call it "Filter" and most people familiar with HPT will instantly adapt.

I would put it on a Ctrl+F (Find) accelerator, most users would naturally find it. It probably belongs under the Tools menu so "everyone" can find it.

Why? I'd like to jump to well-known events for review (rather than watch a log play and try to eyeball multiple sensors on a graph), and I imagine most of the code to do the hard work (applying a Filter, setting playback position, etc) already exists.

BTW V3 is so very nice, I think it's great work!

What about adding back the feature of load all data and clear all data for what used to be histograms. I know there is the zoom feature to only populate the data you are zoomed into however the old function of clearing the populated data would be nice rather than killing the scanner and starting a new log.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    What about adding back the feature of load all data and clear all data for what used to be histograms. I know there is the zoom feature to only populate the data you are zoomed into however the old function of clearing the populated data would be nice rather than killing the scanner and starting a new log.
    No longer needed. Scanner 3.0 automatically loads all data by default.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Please supply more info like post the Tune, Log and the Scanner details -- Channel and Main Layout (icon, word LAYOUT) located on the upper command line.

You can import your old histograms into 3.0 by moving from the Graph sub folder, up one level to the VCM Scanner folder and then clicking on the HISTOGRAM sub folder. Find the histo you want to import and double click it. It will migrate to 3.0. There will be a warning "trying our best to get it all in", so check the parameter and axis values. You may have to update them. The parameters are found in the Parameter Selector table and the axis values are copy and pasted over from your VCM Editor tables. Put cursor on wither the x or y axis, right click, select COLUMN or ROW and copy labels. go back to GRAPH input screen and paste values. Make sure you have selected the correct parameter and it matches the one be logged in the CHANNEL table.

Ed D
    Last edited by mowton; 02-16-2016 at 09:50 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Logging Math Parameters

How is a man suppose to log math parameters. You can't add them to the channel list? Can't even seem to be able to add them to a graph the only way I have found to log math is in a chart which does nothing for editing the tune. Why are the math parameters not in with the channel list/configs? Am I missing something here I am trying to do a simple Maf graph logging LTFT+STFT but there is no way to add LTFT+STFT to a graph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your screenshot shows you've added a math parameter to the graph.

Your filter doesn't look right though.

Also, you don't have to shrink the channels window. You can just click the pin on the top right of the channels pane.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Your screenshot shows you've added a math parameter to the graph.

Your filter doesn't look right though.

Also, you don't have to shrink the channels window. You can just click the pin on the top right of the channels pane.
    Yes sir I have added it but it is pinked out when I go to graph properties and wont log it. How do I unpink it?

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Yes sir I have added it but it is pinked out when I go to graph properties and wont log it. How do I unpink it?
    Are you logging in the Channel Table the LTFT and STFT (Sensors)?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    How is a man suppose to log math parameters. You can't add them to the channel list? Can't even seem to be able to add them to a graph the only way I have found to log math is in a chart which does nothing for editing the tune. Why are the math parameters not in with the channel list/configs? Am I missing something here I am trying to do a simple Maf graph logging LTFT+STFT but there is no way to add LTFT+STFT to a graph
    You can't and don't NEED to add math parameters to the channel list. If you're logging the parameters used in the math parameters then they will just work when used in graphs/charts/gauges.

Looks like you've made a graph correctly and added it, you just need to delete out what you have in there for a filter. Leave it blank. The proper way to use that would be if say you only wanted your graph to include data that was taken @ WOT or when RPM's were over 4000 RPM's or something like that. It's a way of filtering out data you don't want... It is not where you put the formula for the parameter you want to actually log in that particular graph.

Make sure you are logging long term and short term fuel trims for both banks in your channel list (can't really see it in your screenshot) and it should work just fine
    Last edited by schpenxel; 02-16-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thank you

No longer needed. Scanner 3.0 automatically loads all data by default.
    Yes I know it loads all data by default however I'm talking about clearing the data as I'm logging within the Histogram. I guess I'll just have to make it a point to kill the log and start a new one anytime I want the populated data cleared.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Yeah just hit stop logging and start back up again. Should work pretty quick if you're already connected

Ok here is my opinion on a couple of things...
    First, for those of us that make our living using HP Tuners, there is a bit of panic when we update the software, and it is not exactly what we are used to. Time is money when tuning professionally, so it does place a bit of pressure on us. Especially when there is a learning curve with the product.
    All in all I am pretty happy with the 3.0, the scanner is light years ahead, it is different, but once figured out, it is very powerful.
    I have a couple of requests on the editor.
    Every time I update, (daily) the units don't always carry over. Now I'm not talking about the main Imperial/Metric option, but rather individual units. For example, on the transmission portion on a GM, the pressures default to kpa, where I prefer psi. I have to manually change them one at a time. Never seemed to be a problem with 2.24, and not nearly as often in 2.25.
    Also when in 2.24, I would have my maf table setup to display on the horizontal split, showing the editable table and the 2D visual part of the table. Since 2.25 it defaults to no split, and you have to drag open the split to see the 2D visual part. I prefer it opening up the way I use it.
    Finally on the scanner,commanded gear does not work at all in all the 3.0 versions including 3.0.23. Here is a video of me trying it. It goes right on through the gears automatically. This is on a 2013 Silverado, I have tried it in 2007-2013 Silverados with no luck.

https://youtu.be/2qM1wrm8koI
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Yes I know it loads all data by default however I'm talking about clearing the data as I'm logging within the Histogram. I guess I'll just have to make it a point to kill the log and start a new one anytime I want the populated data cleared.
    I believe you can set it to view range only, and then adjust your view scope. I *think* if you do this, your histogram will always be fresh data only.

Tuner in Training
    i hope support can help me out with the crashing and logging issues. while logging today the scanner stopped logging information about 1/3 of the logs I tried to do and crashed without option to send report 2 times in about 2 hours

Tuner in Training
    What version of 3.0 are you using?

Have you tried repolling for supported parmaeters (under the Vehicle menu)?
    Keith, I have tried repooling. I am on the latest version as of yesterday. I do not have my laptop handy to check.

I believe you can set it to view range only, and then adjust your view scope. I *think* if you do this, your histogram will always be fresh data only.
    Understandable there as well. Just having to break myself from the old scanner is all. Once I get the motions down I think it'll be fine as is.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You can't and don't NEED to add math parameters to the channel list. If you're logging the parameters used in the math parameters then they will just work when used in graphs/charts/gauges.

Looks like you've made a graph correctly and added it, you just need to delete out what you have in there for a filter. Leave it blank. The proper way to use that would be if say you only wanted your graph to include data that was taken @ WOT or when RPM's were over 4000 RPM's or something like that. It's a way of filtering out data you don't want... It is not where you put the formula for the parameter you want to actually log in that particular graph.
    I didn't add that to the filter I used a couple days ago and worked fine. Don't know how it got added to the filter must have done when it converted from 2.24. Thanks again for the help.

Make sure you are logging long term and short term fuel trims for both banks in your channel list (can't really see it in your screenshot) and it should work just fine

In the editer, this unit wont change from mV. The unit will change to V from mV, but the numeric value stays the same. Most of the others switch properly... havent tested them all..

2016 Silverado 5.3

I know, pretty valuable feedback! lol

In mV
    Editer_3_VALUE.PNG

in V
    Editer_3_VALUE V.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires