Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

To be more clear, I am looking at a log taken with 2.24, I know you can add the parameter to the channel list in 3.0...

Advanced Tuner
    Hey I didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has already been mentioned but you guys might want to read the first post of this thread...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...d-Config-Files

It's not directly related to 3.0, but it does explain a bit about how the .cfg files are overwritten and how they can be easily saved by renaming them. Obviously most all of us are going to want to retain their working 2.24 version and config files. Renaming the VCM Scanner, VCM Editor and VCM Suite .cfg files in your settings folder will keep them from being overwritten by the 3.0 install. Just name them something like "VCM Scanner_2.24" and the program won't use it until you change the name back to "VCM Scanner".

Back up your entire hpt folder in another location or do the renaming of the .cfg files BEFORE downloading and installing 3.0!!! If you do need to go back to 2.24, just re-install it and then move all your .cfg files back into the settings folder and everything will be like it was before.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Tuner
    So if I rename the cfg files in setting I can still use 2.24 along with 3.0?

VIN/VATS/TUNERLOCK for GM CONTROLLERS????

I don't see anything in the 3.0 I downloaded. Not even for the ones you already support.

How long will I be stuck without the ability to UNLOCK VCMs I've previously locked with earlier HPT versions??

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
    Corvettes of Westchester
    www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

How about an update button in the software so you don't have to download the complete installer every time...

Updated from 3.0.5 to 3.0.7 and my user math channels were deleted Guess you have to manually save them...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Hmm, something we'll have to look into.

You'll likely want to create your filters over in 3.0 anyway, as 3.0 can support filtering of transients and 2.24 did not.
    Where do I got to set-up the filters in 3? That is basically my issue. I can't find the place to set them up.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Hey I didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has already been mentioned but you guys might want to read the first post of this thread...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...d-Config-Files

It's not directly related to 3.0, but it does explain a bit about how the .cfg files are overwritten and how they can be easily saved by renaming them. Obviously most all of us are going to want to retain their working 2.24 version and config files. Renaming the VCM Scanner, VCM Editor and VCM Suite .cfg files in your settings folder will keep them from being overwritten by the 3.0 install. Just name them something like "VCM Scanner_2.24" and the program won't use it until you change the name back to "VCM Scanner".

Back up your entire hpt folder in another location or do the renaming of the .cfg files BEFORE downloading and installing 3.0!!! If you do need to go back to 2.24, just re-install it and then move all your .cfg files back into the settings folder and everything will be like it was before.
    John, I have to repeat to you and all...this was one of the greatest pieces of information, bar none, I ever received....What a change it made to dealing with many customers in my remote tuning/training business. Another set of props to you for sharing the sharing process.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Unfortunately, I didn't read this before I downloaded 3.0. I thought it would take the place of 2.25 and leave my 2.24. All gone.
    Is there any to get back 2.24?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't read this before I downloaded 3.0. I thought it would take the place of 2.25 and leave my 2.24. All gone.
    Is there any to get back 2.24?
    Same boat here... would like to have it back until I get the new version to the way I need it.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    How about an update button in the software so you don't have to download the complete installer every time...
    I agree with yonson, I have another tuning program (for nissans not a competitor) that has this implemented and has a check box for auto updates. So nice and fast too.

Just uninstall and re-install using an older installer. I'm sure I have one around here somewhere if you don't

Not sure what it will do you settings wise though.. but it will get you back to 2.24 (I'm assuming there were no firmware updates that are incompatible with 2.24)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Just uninstall and re-install using an older installer. I'm sure I have one around here somewhere if you don't

Not sure what it will do you settings wise though.. but it will get you back to 2.24 (I'm assuming there were no firmware updates that are incompatible with 2.24)
    Gonna look later if I have one somewhere. I really just want to see all my histograms and stuff.... and be able to look at old logs... That is important.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

You can look at 2.24 logs in the new version

If you can't find an old download let me know and I'll get one to you

I still have the only stand alone datalog that doesn't work from 2.24.117. I was carrying the computer inside the car during drag runs to datalog. That's a no-no. Now I don't even know what to do with this new stuff. I made a comment before about letting us know if problems would arise before we downloaded. Well, no warning this time either. Why did the 2.25 download separate and 3.0 not?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You can look at 2.24 logs in the new version

If you can't find an old download let me know and I'll get one to you
    Probably I don't have it set up right yet, but some stuff wasn't showing when I looked at some logs. I will figure it out eventually I guess ..lol
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Is there a way to display Status Bits with v3?
    Yup, they are all through the channel display now. All the existing status bits should be there, and you can even filter them using the icons at the top of the Channel Selector form.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    VIN/VATS/TUNERLOCK for GM CONTROLLERS????

I don't see anything in the 3.0 I downloaded. Not even for the ones you already support.

How long will I be stuck without the ability to UNLOCK VCMs I've previously locked with earlier HPT versions??

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    It's there. Go to write the vehicle, then change the drop down to vin/vats/tunerlock. We combined the process to make it more simple moving forward.

Updated from 3.0.5 to 3.0.7 and my user math channels were deleted Guess you have to manually save them...
    That shouldn't be the case. We'll look into it. We have no reported issues like that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Gonna look later if I have one somewhere. I really just want to see all my histograms and stuff.... and be able to look at old logs... That is important.
    3.0.6 can open your old histograms, and can open your old logs.