Thread: VCM Suite 3.0.006 Release Notes

VCM Suite 3.0.006 Release Notes

This is a small maintenance release to fix some of the initial issues and address feedback from the 3.0 release.

VCM Scanner:

• Added partial support for .hst files
      - You can now open .hst files from within the Graph Layout Editor
      - We could only convert so much. User manipulation may still be required
    • 2.24 log import improvements
      - If your 2.24 log data looked a little funky, try now.
      - If you're still having issues, let us know and post a file!
    • MPVI Standalone Datalogging Fix
      - There was a bug if you were logging Fuel System Status
      - Improved configuration generation when your channel config had Broadcast parameters
    • Crash Fixes
      - We were finally able to fix a rare crash issue regarding DateTime

VCM Editor:
    • Few parameters added for some customers by request

The download link is the same. Just a new file.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    So is it better to upgrade now or wait 2 weeks and then upgrade

Potential Tuner
    Was the bug where it would stop logging most of the channels?

I was messing around and added a bunch of channels to see what info I could get and for some reason, it stopped logging all the channels until i restarted the scanner. I have a data log of before and after I restarted the scanner

hpt3.hpl

hpt3 1.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Also, for what its worth, the following suggestions would go a long way to making your scanner histogram section more user friendly.

1) Instead of having to right click, go to graph options, then select the graph to edit... you could make it so that on double click of a graph, the graph editor pops up with that applicable graph already selected and ready to edit.

2) anytime I edit a variable and try to use parameter, it warns me to use the sensor. I think thats great, but why not put the sensors on the top of the list so they pop up on top when we search. Right now they appear below the parameters.

3) Consider adding a button to swap the column and row axis on the graphs

Bug) When I edit the display properties on the graph, the background color of the table does not change until the scanner is restarted
    Last edited by drpepper; 02-02-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Keith,

Initial success on the 2.24 log import issue and brought in one or two 2.24 histograms using the 3.0.7 down load. Except having to remove the prefix "PID.", all worked fine.

Thx, now get some sleep :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Ahh yes, we'll need to spend a bit more time fixing the filter translator from 2.24 to 3.0. Overlooked that.

I am having an issue with the scanner. I loaded my last log and saved my config file from it. I then loaded that new config file but when I hit record it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    I am having an issue with the scanner. I loaded my last log and saved my config file from it. I then loaded that new config file but when I hit record it crashes.
    Have you submitted a crash report?

No, where do I do that?

I should mention the log was from 2.24. I used it to make my config file for 3.0

Potential Tuner
    Dont know if you fixed this yet but whenever I delete a channel or change its polling interval, then start recording again, It no longer polls any of the parameter channels, just gets broadcast channel information. I have to restart scanner for it to work properly again.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
    Dont know if you fixed this yet but whenever I delete a channel or change its polling interval, then start recording again, It no longer polls any of the parameter channels, just gets broadcast channel information. I have to restart scanner for it to work properly again.
    Hmm.. please contact support, we may need more information from you to figure out whats wrong. Nobody else has reported any issues like this.