Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0300 Wideband with direct CAN integration W/ VCMScanner. Need beta testers.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the new MPVI2 interface will cover this function. Timing is everything

I guess I will look into upgrading my standard cable for a new one!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Looks like the new MPVI2 interface will cover this function. Timing is everything
    For the link, https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Interface-Box

https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi2/

dr.mike, since you have the knowledge, will this do what we we need for the the older platforms to use the AEM gage?
    Last edited by DrLoch; 05-17-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I think so. You will need to verify with Keith. But, that's how it looks to me

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    Im curious how the wideband plugs into the MPVI2.

Per Chris; from our website "... and proprietary Expander Hub ready for analog / digital / voltage sensor and device inputs."

We will enable ordering for the Pro feature set once Expander Hub is shipping.

This would not be a re-flash . The 30-0300 does not have the electronics to do J1850. It would have to be an external device that connects to the 30-0300 via CANbus and the vehicle J1850 via an OBDII passthru cable, like the 30-0334 has. So, shipping is one way But, since it is hardware, I have to make sure that I don't get caught with my cheese in the wind, so to speak; if HPTuners were to suddenly make the CAN+J1850 mode work. Or, AEM were to make a J1850 enabled version of the 30-0334 ( 30-0335 ? )
    So having the 0334 I will be able to poll it after connecting everything on my C7?
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. C7s should be CAN based. ( IIRC C7s are 2014 and later ) . So, it should work "out of the box".

Thank you sir.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner in Training
    Is there anything happening with this? I'm not sure about others but I'd rather spend $50 or so to make my current aem wide band work with my 2002 ecm rather than purchase the new mpvi for much much more than that?

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2001 LS1. Non can bus Just bought the MPVI and an aem Controller Gauges 30-0300. is sending the gauge off for flash still the only way to pass the A/F to the MPVI? And are you still doing the flash?
    Thanks
    david

Advanced Tuner
    Re-FLASHing the 30-0300 firmware to the OBDII version will not help, in this case. Because the system is J1850 instead of CANbus. So, the options are:

1. Get the Pro Feature set and Pro-Link and use the analog inputs
    2. Use the serial output on the 30-0300

The default serial protocol on the 30-0300 and 30-0310 is actually kinda weak. I can re-FLASH it with an upgrade that improves the sample rate and resolution.

The 3rd option would be to make a CAN-to-J1850 converter device. But, I don't want to make a big investment in developing that; only to have the Pro-Link's CANbus inputs become available; and, render the device redundant. CANbus via the Pro-Link is the best of all of the options for getting wideband data.

Tuner in Training
    The default serial protocol on the 30-0300 and 30-0310 is actually kinda weak. I can re-FLASH it with an upgrade that improves the sample rate and resolution.
    Are you still doing the re-flash? And would it be worth it for use with my 2015 Jeep Wrangler? I inadvertently picked up a 30-0300 instead of a 30-0334 a few months back and its too late to return it. I've got all of the parts to set it up for serial with my MPVI2 but it sounds like that isn't a great solution.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah. I can reflash it. You would have to wire it into the car's OBD2 port. The serial interface on the 30-0300, as it ships, is kinda sad. Slow update rate and low resolution. I have a flash upgrade for that too.

I have a 30-0310 with can wires hooked to my pro link can wires not seeing it pop up when I go to add a channel though even after re-polling. Will it not support this yet?

Advanced Tuner
    As I understand it, that functionality is not implemented in the HPTuners software, yet. But, the hardware is there to do it, once it is. Check with HPT to see when that software/firmware upgrade might be released.

Advanced Tuner
    As I understand it, that functionality is not implemented in the HPTuners software, yet. But, the hardware is there to do it, once it is. Check with HPT to see when that software/firmware upgrade might be released.
    How much to reflash for improved serial poll rate and resolution?

Advanced Tuner
    It's free. But, donations to Dr. Mike's beer fund are always appreciated Just send the gauge w/ a pre-paid return label. If its a 30-0334, I can include a couple of connector pins, since the serial and analog lines are not in the stock harness. I have not done the serial update for the 30-0310 yet. But, if someone sends one in, I can add it to the mix.

Advanced Tuner
    It's free. But, donations to Dr. Mike's beer fund are always appreciated Just send the gauge w/ a pre-paid return label. If its a 30-0334, I can include a couple of connector pins, since the serial and analog lines are not in the stock harness. I have not done the serial update for the 30-0310 yet. But, if someone sends one in, I can add it to the mix.

I have an older one that uses the 4.2 Bosch sensor, I don't even remember the part number tbh lol

Advanced Tuner
    I have a spare 30-0310 that I could send in. PM me info?

Advanced Tuner
    I would like to get a reflash for my 30-0300 to enable CAN WB logging? should i send a PM to dr.mike?