Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0300 Wideband with direct CAN integration W/ VCMScanner. Need beta testers.

Potential Tuner
    Dr.Mike,
    What specifically do you need from AEM. Is there a firmware update needed in the gauge to do initialization? Support the right PID's? Provide the right data format for the PID? Sorry for the stupid question just getting my head around this. I got a link from the corvette forum. Had a bunch of work done to the car, had it tuned at Mayhem using HPTuners. Now I'm wondering if I should get the software to do datalogging and specifically monitor AFR on track.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I have the inline wideband code up and running. Still testing the auto-configuration part. But, looks good, so far.

BTW, if anyone want's to help put some pressure on AEM to support this project, directly, you can to go the AEM support forum:

http://aemelectronics.com/forum And ask for it in the "
    Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Controllers" or "AEM Gauges" sections

Curious about that too. We need to all be asking for the same thing in order for it to get noticed. IMO anyways.

I'm sure it's a firmware update. The question is, what are we requesting be changed?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    The standard. as-shipped 30-0300 and 30-0310 use their CAN bus interface for what they call "AEMNet". This is the format used by their AQ-1 data logger. Which is great, if you have an AQ-1. If you don't, the CAN interface is pretty much unused. Unless you do your own decoding of the signals.

AEM is aware of this project. So, if you ask for the "OBDII interface firmware", they will know what you mean.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok.

The 30-0310 "non-gauge" X-series wideband is now good for beta. I will be closing the beta on the 30-0300 Gauges at the end of this week. So far, everything has been ok

Good deal. I'll get you one of the non gauge versions sooner or later!

Tuner in Training
    I should have my non-gauge unit back tomorrow (assuming USPS is on the ball) from Mike.

Good deal, looks like you'll beat me to trying it then. Let us know how it does.

Tuner in Training
    Assuming it arrives tomorrow I'll post a quick video of it working.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Do you notice a phase relationship between the Fuel pressure and lambda, under load ?
    I had this same relationship between fuel pressure and my wideband going on. I asked here on the forums but never got a proper answer about what was causing it.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Thank you to Mike for updating my WB as soon as it arrived and turning it right around.

The inline WB is working great with HPT. I will post pics of my setup tonight or tomorrow.

Tim
    Last edited by TSloper; 03-23-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Good deal, looks like you'll beat me to trying it then. Let us know how it does.
    Got a schematic for wiring 0300 Gauge using cable ScanTool from Amazon per your suggestion? THANKS

I have a 30-310 on the way. Would love to get the beta reflash, but it won't be here till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LS3 ACE View Post
    Got a schematic for wiring 0300 Gauge using cable ScanTool from Amazon per your suggestion? THANKS
    Google J1962 pin out.

Pin 6 is CAN high, third pin to the left from top right.
    Pin 14 is CAN low, third pin to the left from bottom right.

Check continuity between female end of OBD 2 pass thru and open wires.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Advanced Tuner
    I've gotten a few dozen logs and tune revisions through the 30-0300 CAN input setup and it's still working awesome! I'm telling you guys being able to log accurate wideband info makes tuning so much easier! I still believe that a large percentage of wideband users are either using slow sensor/controllers or they don't have the offsets PERFECT on the 0-5v inputs. It's pretty hard to get CONSISTENTLY accurate data from something like a wideband when you're trying to read the data through a 0-5v analog input. Voltage fluctuations, grounding issues and setup itself has to be perfectly controlled to keep the data accurate. Otherwise you're just chasing your tail.

And as far as speed, all the histogram data has to be is one cell off and you're trying to fix a problem in the wrong spot. I actually used to use the chart display more than the histograms simply because I could get a better indication of exactly when a problem was occurring, not right after when the sensors finally picked it up. With sensors (and a tuning program like v3.0) that can react fast enough, you can trust the histogram data and just copy and paste away. Believe me, it makes a HUGE difference.

So for you guys that are jumping on this serial or digital wideband/v3.0 bandwagon, get used to seeing fuel control like this...

Green trace is desired Lambda, white and yellow traces are actual Lambda coming from the 30-0300's. I like seeing those traces lined up like that!!! I also like seeing an aftermarket wideband reacting as fast as the factory narrowband (red trace).
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

That thing sure looks fast. I still haven't ordered mine.. maybe I will get around to that tomorrow

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by z06-hammer View Post
    google j1962 pin out.

Pin 6 is can high, third pin to the left from top right.
    Pin 14 is can low, third pin to the left from bottom right.

Check continuity between female end of obd 2 pass thru and open wires.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LS3 ACE View Post
    On my Amazon cable
    Yellow - Ground
    Orange - 12v
    Black/white - CAN High
    Brown/white - CAN Low
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

I still need to get my adapter wired up...maybe this weekend.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner in Training

or have a look at this for the "eye chart effect"

Finally got my adapter wired up...I went with a y-adapter, and used a J1962M to open end to bring in the AEM signals. I was a little nervous since if something isn't going to work, it will be with a Viper, but it worked flawlessly. I had a hard time finding the parameter at first (hint: search "wb"), but as soon as I figured that one out, everything else was easy. Took a quick log, and it looked like it was doing what I expected. I still have the car apart, but it'll start going back together shortly now that I know it is working properly.

Big thanks to Dr. Mike on this one...it's nice to not have to worry about ground offsets.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130