Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.24 config for 3.0

Advanced Tuner

2.24 config for 3.0

Can't you use the configs from 2.24 for the new 3.0, i can't seem to make them work. Any help please i have cars to tune..

3.0.6 can open up 2.24 histogram files.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

Just histograms or load full config? I gather it's the same thing is that something new made available as of today? Yesterday's version I had to uninstall and go back to 2.24 for this same reason.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe im doing it wrong but I can't seem to open any of my old configs, the new scanner makes me feel like a noob. Is there a special way to open up my old histos

I'm finding that I can't make function strings work like I could in 2.24. I can log AC pressure but I can't use a function string to make it read the wideband like 2.24 did. I'm eventually going to upgrade to pro, but for now it'd be nice to have the functions work again.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

So you're creating a user Math Parameter. On the top of the Math Parameters form, use the save icon to save your parameter, and paste it here so we can look at it.

Thanks for the tip! I was trying to edit existing pids instead of creating a user math parameter. It's working wonderfully now.

Advanced Tuner
    This is exactly what I am trying to do. ^^^^^

Can you tell me what you did?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I was trying to edit existing pids instead of creating a user math parameter. It's working wonderfully now.
    Can you please tell me what you typed in the 'Expression' field? Something like this? [7101.10] /5 +9.3

Sure! Just ignore my 7.14 though. That's my offset for E47 ethanol and my particular wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    AWESOME. I just figured it out right before you posted this. Haha. Thanks so much!

Keith,

Quick question, in my business I don't get access to the vehicles most of the times as I a, either working off their computer (no problem) or they are sending me the files for me to work remotely. The question I have (or advise needed) relates to when they have interfaced their wideband through the EIO channel. Is there a way I can migrate that to 3.0. The ones going through the EGR and AC Pressure ports are ok but I can't seem to figure out how to bring it from the Channel into the Chart and Graph.

Thank you (and the rest of the HP Tuners crew) again for your relentless support and effort in this transition. You have a great product you should be proud of.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

In 3.0, your transforms (built in or user configured) on MPVI A/D inputs travel with the Channel config file.

In 3.0, your transforms (built in or user configured) on MPVI A/D inputs travel with the Channel config file.
    I'm sorry, didn't ask the question correctly. I see if generated in 3.0, but what if the log is generated on 2.24? I know you must be getting tired of hearing me with the same basic problem :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Post a log that shows the symptom.

It's difficult to get everything in 2.24 to convert over well.

Post a log that shows the symptom.

It's difficult to get everything in 2.24 to convert over well.
    Here it is, I understand and also appreciate your effort and patience...

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Here it is, I understand and also appreciate your effort and patience...

Ed M
    I'm guessing you didn't set your user defined input as a "Wideband Sensor'.

2.24 logs with user defined inputs that are defined as generic sensors should work.

I'm guessing you didn't set your user defined input as a "Wideband Sensor'.

2.24 logs with user defined inputs that are defined as generic sensors should work.
    Is this right? and AEM Wideband is inserted in the Table as EIO 1. Luckily I have 3 computers....2 still have 2.24 and 2.25 :-)

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images

[email protected]

Ok, so just plot against the Air/Fuel Ratio [Sensor] and it should pick up that channel.

... I'll fix it for tomorrow so you can plot against EQ Ratio since your unit is lambda.. you should have been plotting against lambda/eq ratio... lambda is not a valid unit for Air/Fuel Ratio

Ok, so just plot against the Air/Fuel Ratio [Sensor] and it should pick up that channel.

... I'll fix it for tomorrow so you can plot against EQ Ratio since your unit is lambda.. you should have been plotting against lambda/eq ratio... lambda is not a valid unit for Air/Fuel Ratio
    Thank you once again my friend..set up the properties and have it working.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-04-2016 at 04:23 PM.

[email protected]