Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford 3.2 Duratorq

Tuner

Ford 3.2 Duratorq

Hi, is there any chance that HP will look at support for this platform? They are very popular over here in Australia in the Ford Ranger and Mazda BT-50, probably more so than the Colorado 2.8 that you currently support.

Thanks

Tuner
    No plans to support this platform at this stage. Perhaps if there was enough interest though.....

I constantly get hammered to tune ford rangers, unfortunately all roads lead to Italy for the alien-tech product that everyone is using to remap the ecu. Even with that product you pay min $8k to be given the privilege just to flash in a supplied tune file. To be a master tuner and be given ability to modify tune files as a master user is close to $30k..... There is definitely interest here in Australia to tune them and i only see it growing.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/ford-...03-gmki2w.html

I was pleased to see HP supoprt the bosch controllers on the holden 6cyls but i see the FORD ranger opportunity to be huge potential.....

Potential Tuner
    i to would be interested in the ford ranger 3.2 and mazda BT-50 being added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by IXR08 View Post
    I constantly get hammered to tune ford rangers, unfortunately all roads lead to Italy for the alien-tech product that everyone is using to remap the ecu. Even with that product you pay min $8k to be given the privilege just to flash in a supplied tune file. To be a master tuner and be given ability to modify tune files as a master user is close to $30k..... There is definitely interest here in Australia to tune them and i only see it growing.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/ford-...03-gmki2w.html

I was pleased to see HP supoprt the bosch controllers on the holden 6cyls but i see the FORD ranger opportunity to be huge potential.....
    8k will easily get you the master tools from Alientech. I think we paid around that for the Kess with tractor protocols. Just cars and light trucks is a good bit less.

Tuner in Training
    Keen on HP to tune this as well

We need some ECMs before we can determine feasibility. Anyone willing to help?

Tuner in Training

2.2 and 3.2 duratorq

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    We need some ECMs before we can determine feasibility. Anyone willing to help?
    I have files pulled from alientech. do you need it?

Tuner
    I think HP will read the ford/mazda 3.2? I'd love to see these supported and the other HUGE one I get asked all the time is can I tune Toyota Landcruiser 1VD V8 diesels, and also Toyota 1KD 4 cyl

Tuner
    The Px Ranger and Bt50s have Siemens Tricore ecu requiring the password to be extracted over Obd, then ecu to be removed and opened to BSL the processor to unlock allowing Obd Programming.

This May be out of the scope of the average Obd tuner.

Hilux's up to 2010 in Australia and all Vdj 70series are K-Line, Not sure if the Vcm Cable is Capable.
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 09-18-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Tuner in Training
    landcruiser, other toyota diesel and petrol. can be tuned. different hardware

Tuner
    Of course,
    I have been Obd tuning petrol and Diesel Toyotas for well over 12mths and Benching prior. I only mentioned that i wasnt sure if Hptuners cable was capable of Kline.

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Tuner in Training
    let me know if you guys need files from Ford Ranger 2.2 and 3.2, Mazda Bt50. sid208 and sid209

We've looked into adding support for these and unfortunately we won't be able to offer support for them. Due to the security restrictions of these ECMs, it is not possible to tune them without physically modifying the ECM. Considering these vehicles are sold only overseas, it makes it unfeasible for us to support.

Sharmz
    I can tune this ecu its a Delphi MPC 555 most likally which can be OBD read if its a simos its probably a tricore and will need to be bench read, without costly tools.

I can make a tune message me if you need solution, i have tuned this for many overseas customers, give me engine code, and i will post you a free tune that u can flash with a $10 FTDI cable (assuming its MPC555), i can also make you a map-pack for TunerPro or WinOLS for a small fee.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 10-01-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Tuner
    I think you have wrong vehicle, are you thinking of the 06-12 Isuzu( not transtron version )
    All the 2.2 and 3.2 ranger Bt50 hav Siemens Sid 208-9-10 ecu

Sharmz
    lol i beat you to it with the edit , but yea like i said simos there are many tricks if you buy a custom bootloader cable, this is how many OBD cables work. but conventionally bench reading is the cheapest route for new tuners. many clone tools can do TPROT ecu reading on bench, and many genuine and even clone tools are doing TPROT over OBD now. TPROT on this ecu is just zeroing address 01700, then OBD read/write is enabled. there is also another method many tuners wont share about how to do that though OBD.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 10-01-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Tuner
    Are you referring to unlocking the processors, with like alientech?
    The marker at 1700 in Ktag "patch" file isn't what makes it obd flashable. The processor anti tune needs to be disabled first Recently there have been tools that have been. Able to calculate the unlock algorithm that over rides the security to directly flash over obd like manufacturer does but it's not a simple hack of a $20 Vag cable

But if you have a cable to do so pm me the price?
    But I believe you have mistake the Infineon tc179xx processor pcm for a much older 555 based ecu

Sharmz
    https://www.checksum.pt/vf2-flasher-...7-sid-208-psa/

and i am referring to enabling serial read, im pretty sure this is the only way, i dont use much other then CMDflasher and X17 so im not 100% what tool will do it, but it can be done, and if he send me a ECU number ill know what i can do to help him, but many of us are using custom boot loaders on almost all simos now. i understand that a TPROT ecu is, but but there are unlock methods, there is a person who i can refer you to for a small charge that is the SIMOS god, and one of my mentors, that can prepare you a cable with any bootloader you need, he usually starts with a full J2534 device hacked as needed, there are testmodes and many tricks, im starting to hint at to much more then usually is shared on this topic.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 10-01-2017 at 02:04 AM.