Thread: Stock computer pulls.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar

Stock computer pulls.

I at the moment don't have any but I will be posting several 6.0l psd stock files when I get the chance. I have several persons waiting for experimentation. Ranging from never dealered 03 all the way to latest update dealer only serviced 06. So look forward to some oddness. My first "victim" is going to be an 04 harley davidson edition 250 that has only been flashed in late 04. I will also update with tips and tricks if I learn any. I have a few people waiting and I'm an enthusiast so. I just want to get info out there about tuning 6.0ls so others can learn because right now it's all inhouse at all the other tuning companies.

I for some reason could not pull the stock file off the 04 f250. I believe it was locked. So The only pull I have is street tune from another tuning device and stacked it with modification.

Here's a quick tip. Some people may have pointed it out before for the 6.0l but torque management plays a massive role in performance. If you plan on making more power then change the max torque allowed value to 700 or 800 or 900. I wouldn't recommend much past 750 though because thats when headgaskets start popping from my conversation to a buddy who uses another tuning software which he uses to custom tune. But I don't know if thats when people are towing or not. If you're looking for a small bump in towing I would look at keeping stock timing settings and just using fuel and cutting fuel a little on the top end because you don't want crazy egts.

Edit: Another thing I've looked into and hp tuners is currently lacking is transmission clutch apply pressure tables. So until that gets sorted I would use a secondary option such as sct for boosting transmission clutch apply pressures so you don't toast the transmission. Not faulting hp tuners in any way. Just pointing that out until we get clutch apply pressure tables or shift pressures I would recommend using a second tuner that has that option and just stack the tune. So far I'm loving hptuners. Just throwing a few tips and thoughts out there. Be careful and save the headgaskets.
    Last edited by RandomEnthusiast; 02-08-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    Here's a quick tip. Some people may have pointed it out before for the 6.0l but torque management plays a massive role in performance. If you plan on making more power then change the max torque allowed value to 700 or 800 or 900. I wouldn't recommend much past 750 though because thats when headgaskets start popping from my conversation to a buddy who uses another tuning software which he uses to custom tune. But I don't know if thats when people are towing or not. If you're looking for a small bump in towing I would look at keeping stock timing settings and just using fuel and cutting fuel a little on the top end because you don't want crazy egts.

Edit: Another thing I've looked into and hp tuners is currently lacking is transmission clutch apply pressure tables. So until that gets sorted I would use a secondary option such as sct for boosting transmission clutch apply pressures so you don't toast the transmission. Not faulting hp tuners in any way. Just pointing that out until we get clutch apply pressure tables or shift pressures I would recommend using a second tuner that has that option and just stack the tune. So far I'm loving hptuners. Just throwing a few tips and thoughts out there. Be careful and save the headgaskets.
    Trans Pressure tables are coming soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I'm loving the software and all the things it does. Just hopefully saving some people transmissions until those tables are available. I know it takes time to make stuff happen and that's all good by me. I personally can't wait to modify shift pressures so People don't toast transmissions right away. Also can't wait for ficm tuning. Hp tuners will I believe be one of 3 companies that can flash the ficm and the first that will allow it to be modified through flash by end consumer. I've seen great things so far and hope to see more. Cheers from texas.

Tuner in Training
    I'm wondering if you could post some of the files you pulled? I'm looking at picking up a stock 04 6.0 6 speed, and I am wanting to do a few normal mods to make it more reliable. I'm curious if I can shut off a couple things with HPT, or if I will need another tuner to do it.

you can shut off egr for sure. I'm still digging through some stuff. And I couldn't pull the stock file on the 04 because it was a custom tune that was locked because someone had previously flashed it and left it on.

Tuner in Training
    You read my mind! Thank-you, and keep up the good work!

You can turn up fuel more by making injection pressure higher. You do that by rebuilding the table.

A question I had was how can I bypass the 127mg fuel clip limit? I'm trying to tune something with big ass injectors. 170cc/75% injectors with a modified powermax turbo. I'm getting a tad bit of smoke on the bottom end but up top it seems like it's out of fuel. It only gets to 30 psi with the boost tables cranked. I've seen other tunes where it is past the 127mg mark on fuel clip. Max torque fuel clip is the name. Either these injectors are shit or something. The ficm is not tuned. So I may have to max out the hpop pressure tables but it's staying stable at 3500rpm wot at 3600-3700 psi. So it's not leaking. The fuel pressure is stable with a regulated return at 55-60 psi wot. It's an airdog system but seems to be keeping up.

So first blown headgasket reporting in. But I think it was from failure to install properly. 05 f250 single cab. Has studs but used black diamond gaskets. He was running a nasty tune from sct custom tunes. The egts were crazy spiking to over 1700 at times while not towing. Lots of smoke.

ford gasket only

I know but he thought ohh nlack diamond. I did not install them. I don't have the tools.

So anyone have any layouts or anything they'd be willing to share that I can track ficm voltage and icp pressure? I've tried and tried to set something up but not having any luck.

Had an 04 that was low on power. Early 04 btw. Totally stock engine. It was building no boost. And well. The map sensor tube was clogged. So if this happens to you check the ebp or the map sensor. Or the hose. I replaced it with fuel injection hose. No more problems. Now it lights tires.

Just had an 06 that I had to tear down the turbo on. New vanes and plate. Ohh fun. It now runs lime it should. It had no codes.

04f250.hpt04f250grey.hpt

04 f250 is early 04 with 03 turbo and aluminum hpop. Grey f250 is late 04 with 03 turbo but cast iron hpop. Grey 04 is on stock headbolts and stock turbo. It is not a stock tuned because it's a giant mess and had to flash with an sct before I could flash it. The 04 is totally stock.

I know this is an old thread lol but where exactly are the timing tables at for this engine? I?m having a hard time finding them.