Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think we need to start a v3.0 config file listing...

Thanks, hopefully it makes things easier. That many screenshots makes the process look complicated but it literally only takes a minute or two to do at most.. and most of it you only have to setup once

Tuner in Training
    Very good write up, but my problem is at this point when I go to add channel, search egr, and double click on it nothing happens. There is no icon I can see in channel selector that lets me add the channel. No options when right clicking it either.

Save your channel config and post it here

Tuner in Training
    Here is my config file. And thank you for the help. Wise.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    SSScanner.JPG

On this screen I can't seem to get any further. I select EGR sensor and it does not populate into my list. I am working offline profile. I wonder if I need to be plugged into the vehicle to do this?

Look two rows up in the channel list... EGR sensor is added just like it should be

Tuner in Training
    Doh.... damn it. There I go making myself look like an idiot on the internet again.

Haha oh we all do it sooner or later!

Also, for future reference.. if it's highlighted that weird blue/green color in the channel selector then that means it's already in the channel list being recorded

Nice writeup. Only thing I don't get was in the old user defined PID's you could define the units as AFR so the scanner would recognize it as a wideband and the AFR error PID would work. I don't see that here.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I didn't show that but you can set the unit to lambda or AFR when defining the math parameter.

It has a seperate unit for several common AFR's so you can pick the right one then you should be able to select other units and it automatically convert

I haven't actually tried it though.. does it work when you try to change units when using that parameter in a graph or chart? I can mess with it later but haven't really had a need since I have the pro version of HPT interface

It DOES work when doing it the "normal" way of adding an external input then "transforming" it based on a wideband or fuel pressure sensor or whatever which is nice

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-09-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Ah OK, I didn't see the units in the first screenshots. Not sure I understand the different AFR's though. The math is doing that already.

PS: I haven't messed with it yet. My car is down.
    Bill Winters

Yeah you can do it either way.. should be able to use the formula for lambda then have it auto convert to whatever stoich you want it to be based on or you can just use the formula you want based on the units. Should work out either way. I always just use lambda so that makes it easy

UPP kit on the way yet???

I updated one of the pictures to add the one that shows picking the unit.. that wasn't originally there

I'm going to start tuning in lambda anyway as I'm switching to corn. Yea the UPP is being installed already.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I didn't show that but you can set the unit to lambda or AFR when defining the math parameter.

It has a seperate unit for several common AFR's so you can pick the right one then you should be able to select other units and it automatically convert

I haven't actually tried it though.. does it work when you try to change units when using that parameter in a graph or chart? I can mess with it later but haven't really had a need since I have the pro version of HPT interface

It DOES work when doing it the "normal" way of adding an external input then "transforming" it based on a wideband or fuel pressure sensor or whatever which is nice

Thank you for this, I have been trying to figure this out for the last hour...

dont have pro version and trying to use egr input to graph wb (aem) and afr error
    i have made maths for both ac and egr but this vehicle has wire coming into cab from pin 48 of blue pcm connector (02 tahoe i believe)
    i cant get info to show?Screenshot (69).pngScreenshot (70).png

You don't have EGR or AC added to your channel list from what I can see in those shots. If it's not in the channel list then it isn't recorded and cannot be used.

If a parameter is showing red in math parameters then it isn't being logged or something else is wrong

The first couple of pictures in post #16 of this thread shows that part of the process
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

tried what mark showed above with no luck. do i need to transform even if im not using pro version

Please go back and look at what I said already

You only use transform when using the external inputs on the Pro interface, they are NOT used in this case

Go to post 16 in this thread. The first few pictures show you exactly what to do. Mark quoted a few pictures of this process but missed the whole first part.. so you need to go back and do that part first.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I only quoted the part that I had gotten stuck on. The earlier part I had already worked out...

I didn't mean for that to sound bad.. just that you quoted part of the message and there was more for him to look at

(I hate when people quote posts with a ton of pictures... it makes threads difficult to navigate, so I'm glad you didn't quote all of those pictures!)