Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think we need to start a v3.0 config file listing...

I started to use my kids computers, and download 3.0_17 to their computers so I can start to figure it out. I was able to move all my 2.24 configs over to 3.0 and the down loaded the tune from the genV Camaro. I didn't notice new tables in the cars tune

Im looking for the pid/histo/layout that will allow me to calibrate my VVE Co-Efficiently tables. where's a step by step for that.
    I think we need a sticky for the " the step by step for this Layout"/ Step by step for XXX. The HP Tuners guys are computer scientist, but im not. Im a mop that just makes cars go fast.

I'm working on it and several other step by step how to's on how to set up graphs (previous known as histograms) to match your VVE layout, etc.. It's really easy once you do it once..

It should be posted on Friday. I'm traveling today/tomorrow but I'll get them up once I'm back at my desktop
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I'll be honest I can't get the AFR error graph using an AEM wideband through the EGR sensor to work out using the proper method (or more likely, I'm not doing the proper method properly)

I did however get a graph to work properly (I think...) at least it is one that gives me results that seem right so far...

I made a user math parameter labeled AFR Error and put in the expression

100 * (([2811] / .5 + 9.7) - [50121]) / [50121]

That requires me to chart 2811, EGR sensor, and 50121 Air/fuel Ratio commanded

I opened the graph layout option and clicked on the ST fuel trim graph, then clicked the graph with the equal sign, cloning the graph (that way I didn't have to build units etc...)

I opened the clone graph and changed the label to AFR Error and the parameter AFR Error [Math - User]

Selected percent as the units (not sure that matters)

Let me know if this doesn't work right. I am sure there is an easier way to do this, but I missed it somewhere

When using the egr or AC wiring as wideband inputs I have a feeling you're going to have to do it the way you're doing it, I.e. Can't use the built in AFR error math parameter.

Does it seem to work for you so far?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Built in AFR error used to work in 2.24 if you gave the custom PID for the WB through the EGR or AC units of AFR. Haven't tried it yet in 3.0.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

If you're using 3.0 to plot AFR error and your source is a EGR input, you'll need to create the entire math that transforms EGR into AFR, and then calculates it against commanded AFR to get the error.

Math parameters can't reference other math parameters in 3.0
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

That blows
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post

100 * (([2811] / .5 + 9.7) - [50121]) / [50121]
    You need to have the .10 after the 2811 so the 2811 variable is volts. It's a good practice to always click on the New Variable Wizard to select the parameter as it shows the quantities & units available.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    That blows
    If you had to trade a short equation rewrite over Virtual VE, almost unlimited number of scan parameters without choking the system, ability to further reduce data down to the visible chart trace etc, what would you chose...

There are some changes that will be a bit different, but all in all I think the new VCM Suite is a great next-gen product improvement.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

LOL True. Built in AFR Error didn't work for the longest time for EGR/AC in 2.23 anyway.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    When using the egr or AC wiring as wideband inputs I have a feeling you're going to have to do it the way you're doing it, I.e. Can't use the built in AFR error math parameter.

Does it seem to work for you so far?
    As far as I can tell it works perfectly, or at least very similar to how it was in 2.24

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    You need to have the .10 after the 2811 so the 2811 variable is volts. It's a good practice to always click on the New Variable Wizard to select the parameter as it shows the quantities & units available.

Russ Kemp
    I don't understand what you mean. The formula for AEM wideband through the EGR port is [2811] / .5 + 10 or it was what I read from someone on here that it is.

Instead of 10 or some people say 9 I have found that 9.7 makes the scanner show exactly the same readings as the front of the gauge. I verified with pictures that showed both readouts in the same frame over a range of AFR's

Everything else shows correct to the best of my knowledge

Are you saying it should be

100 * ((([2811] * .10) / .5 + 9.7) - [50121]) / [50121] ?
    Last edited by Markmx6; 02-11-2016 at 02:37 PM.

100 * (([2811.10] / .5 + 9.7) - [50121]) / [50121]

Russ Kemp

Here is a sample screen shot of the Units and Quantities that Russ is referring to. Each Parameter has some .XXX extension that further defines its units whether it be volts, AFR, Centigrade or Fahrenheit etc. In 2.24, as an example, we used to type [PID.5.IMP] for engine coolant temp in Fahrenheit (Imperial), now it is written [5.242]. You want to use the new convention instead of writing the unit terms in 3.0.

The Graph and Chart parameter window will allow you to pick the units as well as the Variable (filter) Wizard and automatically apply the extension.

Ed M

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mowton; 02-11-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, I see, so the .10 is almost like a file extension that defines the units.

Cool, thank you for the information

Not having any luck still I posted screen shots but they got deleted when I tried to edit my post

[2811.10]\.5+10
    [2811.10]*.5+10
    Have feeling it's not the issue I've tried both . I followed steps from post 16 n was feeling pretty confident going out to shop to give it a try. Egr n chart, graph n table reads 0 wide band Reading 11.0

Advanced Tuner
    I think it is

([2811.10] / .5) + 10

I use 9.7 instead of 10

Does your wideband show up at all?

I can post my full configuration file and you can try that. I will have to do it from my laptop though...

Basic Layout.Layout.xml
    Last edited by Markmx6; 02-11-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Wb works just not getting logging info in scanner. First time ever doing this had Wb in box for years.

Quote Originally Posted by prostreet1967 View Post
    Not having any luck still I posted screen shots but they got deleted when I tried to edit my post
    To prostreet1967 and et al, please see the referenced sticky on what is needed if you want some help on scanner issues...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ner-assistance

Thank you

Ed M

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    Oh, I see, so the .10 is almost like a file extension that defines the units.

Cool, thank you for the information
    Exactly.. it's not required but it will ensure you always get the units you're after